Seat heaters

Tiberius1701

Looking at the 2012 Focus service manual (section 501-10) the front seat exploded view illustrates heating elements on both the cushion and backrest. :happy feet: Not entirely sure, but it may mean we will have heaters on both portions of the seat. However, it may also be possible that these illustrations may have migrated from over the pond, where this equipment would be installed due to the higher content of EuroFoci.

Does anyone know of anything to the contrary (other than ordering guide, which may contain some errors.)

Looking at the 2012 Focus service manual (section 501-10) the front seat exploded view illustrates heating elements on both the cushion and backrest. :happy feet: Not entirely sure, but it may mean we will have heaters on both portions of the seat. However, it may also be possible that these illustrations may have migrated from over the pond, where this equipment would be installed due to the higher content of EuroFoci.

Does anyone know of anything to the contrary (other than ordering guide, which may contain some errors.)

It has heats on both the cushion and back (why wouldn't it?). You can go to fordparts.com, go to the 2012 Focus, and then search 'heater'. The top item are the heating elements, the description and diagram show both.

It has heats on both the cushion and back (why wouldn't it?). You can go to fordparts.com, go to the 2012 Focus, and then search 'heater'. The top item are the heating elements, the description and diagram show both.

If you look at many of the early release order guides, product guides, etc. they only mention heated seat "cushions" which in Ford speak is the seat bottom..this is the way the Fiesta's are listed and that is the way they are equipped..also I remember reading in another thread of comments about the cushion only being heated.

Edited by Tiberius1701

If you look at many of the early release order guides, product guides, etc. they only mention heated seat "cushions" which in Ford speak is the seat bottom..this is the way the Fiesta's are listed and that is the way they are equipped..also I remember reading in another thread of comments about the cushion only...

Ah, well I guess I'm not totally sure then, but given that it very specifically has a part for the bottom and a part for the back (although the same part #), I'm gonna guess it's on both.

Ah, well I guess I'm not totally sure then, but given that it very specifically has a part for the bottom and a part for the back (although the same part #), I'm gonna guess it's on both.

One would hope that an-up-to $28,000-sticker car would have heated seat backs. Sometimes, however, the obvious becomes an oversight or, more likely, a cost-cutting move a company hopes the buyer won't notice.

If you look at many of the early release order guides, product guides, etc. they only mention heated seat "cushions" which in Ford speak is the seat bottom..this is the way the Fiesta's are listed and that is the way they are equipped..also I remember reading in another thread of comments about the cushion only being heated.

Well, the Fiesta only shows the seat bottom part, and the Focus shows a bottom and a back part - so I really think it's both, but I've messaged somebody at Ford to get a clarification.

One would hope that an-up-to $28,000-sticker car would have heated seat backs. Sometimes, however, the obvious becomes an oversight or, more likely, a cost-cutting move a company hopes the buyer won't notice.

+1... my accord has heated seats but the passenger seat is only heated on the bottom. it drives me crazy, i get a toasty bum but a frozen back.

hope ford did it the right way, im sure they did.

My friend Aleksei from Russia who I was with at the Focus Global Drive in Madrid, was invited to Dearborn this week.

Aleksei has a new Focus to drive while he is in the USA and I asked him to check the seat heater if it is both seat cushion and back rest, and I can confirm that the USA Focus

heated seats are both seat and lower back cushions.

Aleksei hanging out with Jost Capito

197617_10150127395509429_45471284428_6233538_5838534_n.jpg

My friend Aleksei from Russia who I was with at the Focus Global Drive in Madrid, was invited to Dearborn this week.

Aleksei has a new Focus to drive while he is in the USA and I asked him to check the seat heater if it is both seat cushion and back rest, and I can confirm that the USA Focus

Great news indeed!

+1... my accord has heated seats but the passenger seat is only heated on the bottom. it drives me crazy, i get a toasty bum but a frozen back.

hope ford did it the right way, im sure they did.

That's just horrible. Honda should be ashamed of that. What trim and year are your Accord? EX-L?

• 7 months later...

This did translate into the production Foci available now, right? The seatbacks are heated as well as the lower cushion?

This did translate into the production Foci available now, right? The seatbacks are heated as well as the lower cushion?

I can also confirm with my 2012 that it is the seat cushion and lower back on both driver and passenger seats. It's a great feeling with heated leather in a balmy 0 degrees F. :shift: