2011 Lariat interior wood grain

Dislike that's why I didn't order a Lariat.

What did you end up ordering? I went ahead with the Lariat. Tuxedo black with black interior/flow through console. Almost got the Platinum, but just could not get used to that silver/chrome piece across the tailgate. The interior of the Platinum is sweet though. Add in the retractable running boards, and now I'm second guessing myself again, lol.

What did you end up ordering? I went ahead with the Lariat. Tuxedo black with black interior/flow through console. Almost got the Platinum, but just could not get used to that silver/chrome piece across the tailgate. The interior of the Platinum is sweet though. Add in the retractable running boards, and now I'm second guessing myself again, lol.

Platinum, Candy red Metallic,3.5l Ecoboost 4X4, Black interior, Super crew, 5.5' bed, loaded

I didn't like the light wood grain and waffled between a Platinum and FX4. I decided on the FX4 as the Platinum had too many bells & whistles... who really needs heated rear seats and power running boards, among other thing. I ordered an FX4 SuperCrew with the 2.5L Ecoboost, FX4 luxury package, nav, sunroof, etc. Enjoy your new truck!

I personaly think that ford really messed up with the light wood grain. Although it has grown on me some, it is the primary reason i went with the fx4 over the lariat. I really wish ford would give you some selectibility on things like these, but I guess thats why they make different models.

Edited by jdvaughn

.... I really wish ford would give you some selectibility on things like these.....

You can get an F-series in a gazillion different variations...as for the trim pieces, walk over to the parts counter and order 'em up. Then take your removed pieces and sell 'em on ebay to someone that wants to dress up their XL.....

I too do not care much for the wood trim on vehicles either. I mean, the whole concept of taking wood grain, and applying it into a cabin to warm it up, I just never quite took. Then again, the whole inside of my home is decorated in simplistic modern, so warm isn't something I care for in my ambiance. I'm find with the metalic and piano black trim pieces.