My Edge takes a lickin...and kinda keeps on tickin??

somebody typed up this transcript of a Bruce Springsteen bootleg....

"My parents they live about a half hour away from here and I got a sixteen year old sister and she's a...eh! (giggle) Which is sort of funny 'cuz I haven't seen her in about a year or so and you come home and like she's like I remember; last time I was home she's like skating around this little ice skating uniform and I come home this time like she's got a bee-hind and she's got all that other stuff, you know and she says, she's 'Come on I'll take you out, we'll cruise El Camino' so that's what she says to me, right?

We go out and she's got like, she wrecked my mother's Toyota. My mother had this Toyota and she smashed up the front end so she could get another car to get the insurance so she's got this like this late sixties Cougar, you know. Its got a 302, eight cylinder, pretty, you know real peppy and like uh Earl Scheib paint job, you know still $39.95 or what, is it up?

I remember Earl Scheib paint 'cuz I got in a fight with this guy. Earl Scheib used to like, used to like--leave the windows down, he'd do the interior for free...leave your little brother in the front seat and paint him too, no extra charge.

So liked uh, remember I got in a fight it was uh--usually stop fighting about eighteen or nineteen. I stopped when I was about ten 'cuz I got beat all the time. These hands just were not dangerous weapons, you know it's like I remember I got in a fight.

This guy I remember; I beat the hell out of his hood with my forehead, you know put dents in the thing. It must've been Earl Scheib paint job 'cuz I had blue paint in my hair for three days. It's like ain't that something. Anyway this is for her, this is for all the car boys around here. This is called Racing In the Street.''

Well, after only 5 months of ownership I was rear-ended in the Edge this morning while sitting in traffic. Car behind me was an Explorer NSA K9 Unit. Dodge Ram ran into the Explorer at high speed and pushed it into me. I'm fine, but the Edge isn't looking so pretty. :(

post-15254-0-21118100-1302613911_thumb.jpg

I am glad you are ok.....btw the Officer and the dog are fine. What were you doing on 695 and 295 interchange Nick? I will PM you. The Explorer had to be towed to the garage, it was inoperable.

I am glad you are ok.....btw the Officer and the dog are fine. What were you doing on 695 and 295 interchange Nick? I will PM you. The Explorer had to be towed to the garage, it was inoperable.

I usually shoot that way to work. My office is right off West Nursery Rd the next exit down 295. Some back roads are a little quicker some days, but usually that part of 695 isn't any trouble in the morning.

Yeah I saw that the front end of the Explorer had been pushed into one of the wheels.

My Mustang had a tough time too last Oct.

Ouch! Hope she's all back together and in good shape again!

Odd little note on my Edge today. The body shop called this morning and said the keyfob I dropped off with them was no longer working. They had disconnected the battery while working on some electrical in the liftgate and when they reconnected it the fob no longer started the car. I dropped off the second one and it worked fine. They are right next door to a Ford dealer and do a lot of their body work for them, so they said they'd just go over there to get the keyfob reprogrammed. Just one of those odd things. :headscratch: