2012 Focus Order Status

GaryG

I received my Focus today after ordering June 1st. My delivery date varied from 7/11 to 7/15 and ended up splitting the difference. Here are a couple quick pics for your viewing pleasure.

Pioneer, thanks once again for all your help with everyone on here. The information made the wait more bearable.

lucky...you just got in before the summer plant shutdown. Ordered mine 10days after you, still waiting for it :cry:

I think my dealer placed my order back around June 17th. I only got notice of DORA today :huh: My dealer thinks mine will be here at the end of the month. I'm anxious - moreso because I might be one of the first batches of the new Red Candy.

I received my Focus today after ordering June 1st. My delivery date varied from 7/11 to 7/15 and ended up splitting the difference. Here are a couple quick pics for your viewing pleasure.

Pioneer, thanks once again for all your help with everyone on here. The information made the wait more bearable.

seeing these photos are making me really jealous, exactly the build i am getting

Sounds like they didn't actually put in the order and just ran a pricing sheet, but that's just a guess on my part. I know mine had the order number on it and I got it the day the order was actually placed.

You were right it was a price quote. My dealer just faxed over the DORA - VEHICLE ORDER CONFIRMATION with this info:

Order # S01F

Dealer # F24015

Priority: 10

From what I have been reading from Cyberdman that might not be such a good thing. See below for reference. I wonder if anyone else has experience with Clean Unscheduled delivery times?

19.) If I give you a status and it is Unscheduled-Clean, that means you have a successful order in the system and it isn't scheduled (and who the hell knows when it will be - not me). There are a multitude of reasons something doesn't go right from that status to the line. It has to do with production schedules, plant availability, ordering priority numbers, where you live and that region / dealerships specific allowed allocation segments for that vehicle. I have seen Unscheduled-Clean status stay that way for weeks and weeks on end - even as long as 6 months depending on the availability of what you are ordering and speed of the plant, etc. etc. If I give you an update with that status, stop bothering me every other day for an update you won't get. From now on, when you are Unscheduled-Clean, I will provide updates no sooner than every two weeks, providing you bump your threads. IF you are upset about your vehicle being Unscheduled-Clean for an extended period, you need to work with your salesperson to try to adjust your order priority or find out what period your allocation unit is limited to.

But in all honesty I am happy nonetheless :hyper: , the delivery times that I am now seeing seem to be much better since the late spring orders so I am sure I will be ok....

The Dealer reordered our Focus around June 15 (don't even have our VIN yet, and they never emailed me the DORA).... they screwed up the first one, ordered an auto instead of Stick. had em reorder and they won't even give me a little more discount since they screwed it up and making us wait even longer. We got a 3 month old baby now, and a 93 F-150 ext cab with no AC isnt good in all this heat. We had to borrow a civic from a family member.... The Dealer is really upsetting me. but will wait till the car is in our hands to send a letter to the Dealer Owner for an unsatisfied customer dealer-wise..... Im sure we will love the car, just not the dealer

The Dealer reordered our Focus around June 15 (don't even have our VIN yet, and they never emailed me the DORA).... they screwed up the first one, ordered an auto instead of Stick. had em reorder and they won't even give me a little more discount since they screwed it up and making us wait even longer. We got a 3 month old baby now, and a 93 F-150 ext cab with no AC isnt good in all this heat. We had to borrow a civic from a family member.... The Dealer is really upsetting me. but will wait till the car is in our hands to send a letter to the Dealer Owner for an unsatisfied customer dealer-wise..... Im sure we will love the car, just not the dealer

Wow! So sorry to hear about that 74stang! I would demand the DORA sheet. Then atleast you have some ability to actually track the order. Best of luck to you and your new little one! Hope you get your focus soon!!

I posted above earlier where my order was placed around June 17th, and only just this past Monday did my salesperson get word of the DORA. A Ford customer service rep that posts regularly in one of the forums I moderate confirmed the dealer's info :) I'd say toss a copy of that letter to Ford Customer Service as well so they know what's going on. I hope you get the DORA soon.

Is it possible for an order to "just not go through"? I've been trying to figure out whether my dealer is jerking me around or not. I ordered a Focus on June 2, 2011. Three weeks later I still had gotten nothing from my dealer. My sales guy checked in and called me back and said that the order never went through and they had to reorder. So on June 28 the order was replaced. Now it's almost the end of July. I have a vin# now, but etis and window sticker search don't produce any results. My dealer still can't seem to give me much info on when my car will come in. Anybody have any tips? I know there's the forum for tracking, but I don't have ten posts yet. Is it just get to 10 and post there?

Is it possible for an order to "just not go through"? I've been trying to figure out whether my dealer is jerking me around or not. I ordered a Focus on June 2, 2011. Three weeks later I still had gotten nothing from my dealer. My sales guy checked in and called me back and said that the order never went through and they had to reorder. So on June 28 the order was replaced. Now it's almost the end of July. I have a vin# now, but etis and window sticker search don't produce any results. My dealer still can't seem to give me much info on when my car will come in. Anybody have any tips? I know there's the forum for tracking, but I don't have ten posts yet. Is it just get to 10 and post there?

Sounds like your dealer never had allocation or had some other problem. My order was placed on 5/31 and it arrived on 7/2.

Which model/trim and options did you order? There are some shortages but your dealer would be well aware of these.

Sounds like your dealer never had allocation or had some other problem. My order was placed on 5/31 and it arrived on 7/2.

Which model/trim and options did you order? There are some shortages but your dealer would be well aware of these.

That's my concern and if they were not truthful on that I wonder what else could be up. To answer your question, Titanium Hatch, 401A, Winter Package, Nav, Silver ingot Paint. As far as I could tell online none of those were experiencing supply shortages. I really wanted the Kona Blue, but alas did not get in on that before it was killed.

That's my concern and if they were not truthful on that I wonder what else could be up. To answer your question, Titanium Hatch, 401A, Winter Package, Nav, Silver ingot Paint. As far as I could tell online none of those were experiencing supply shortages. I really wanted the Kona Blue, but alas did not get in on that before it was killed.

There are Nav shortages in other vehicles (F150 won't have nav until November) but I'm not sure if it applies to the Focus Nav as well.

Yikes, just read your story 74, that's nuts!!! I hope in the end Fors or your dealer do something for wasting so much of your time.

Thank you.... I hope so too... this is ridiculous, When I talked to Ford today, they gave me the VIN, and said it was set for an Aug. Build date.... only a little over 3 months :censored:

Ford Itself offer you anything for the trouble once they heard your tail or deferred to the dealer since it was their mistake?

Nothing yet, but don't wanna press it, might piss off dealer and they wouldn't sell us the car, just wanna get the deal done, then Contact Dealer owner and/or Ford themselves

OMG!! So excited!!! I just got my Vin # 1FAHP3J26CL213947 and the build date is august 8th according to Ford customer service....So if all goes well I hope to have my new little car at the end of next month!! :happy feet: :happy feet:

Just to chronicle my time frame for information on my order:

July 13th - Deposit put down

July 14th - Price quote "Dora" signed off and returned

July 19th - Official "Dora" with Order # and Dealer # received

July 28th - Vin # issued

Happy-Happy, Joy-Joy!!