2012 Focus Order Status

GaryG

Ingot Silver Titanium - no options

Ordered: June 9

Received VIN: July 1

Window Sticker: July 1

Plant shutdown: July 2 to 17

Built: July 22

At Dealership: July 29 (20 miles from factory)

Took Delivery: August 1

Very happy with the car. It is so quiet. The performance suspension with the 17" tires is very fun. The feel of the steering is solid. The car came from the factory with the latest version of MyFord Touch, and I have had no issues with it. The Sport seats and the black fabric of the base Titanium are outstanding (I had leather seats the last 14 years, I do not miss leather). I got some drywall dust on the driver seat (fine white power), a shop vac cleaned the dust up with no visible dust remaining. I am 6' 4", and I am very comfortable sitting in it, the 6 way adjustments do every thing I need. Only issue is the head rest could be back a inch more. Love the way the IA keys work. Bluetooth for the phone is so easy to use. The ambient lighting is a nice touch of class.

It is going to be a fantastic vehicle to spend one hour a day, five days a week in.

^ Great news guys! Glad to hear about the window stickers. Cyberdman updated me yesterday and my build date was bumped back to the 11th. No window sticker yet but it's getting closer!! :hyper:

Whos Cyberdman? I would like to know when my delivery date is, Ford said the 8th, but build date is the 5th.... doubt it will get done and to the dealer by monday.

Cyberman is kind enough to track orders with specific rules attached. I don't know Pioneer's status, I hope all is well and I wouldn't fault him if he has stopped doing order tracking requests. It seems there has been a lot of people who join the forum just to track their order status, making multiple requests on a daily basis. Those who are here just for tracking, try to remember that the folks who are kind enough to track orders are Ford employees who take time out of their day to help you.

^ That's a real shame just to use this site for tracking. I find that this forum is informative and has some great members who are pretty dedicated. This forum seems more professional and non abrasive than other focus or ford forums. Just my .02

Damn this thread kinda died off :sos: ..... Great news guys... talked to Ford today and they said our Focus is awaiting Train Transport as of today... finish build date was the 8-8 lol.... so we are figuring by the 15-20 is the eta... :happy feet: :happy feet: :happy feet:

Out of curiosity: The window sticker.

From what I read, it takes about a week (max) for it to show up after you get the VIN, right? Does that include Canadian orders as well?

Our sticker was available about 1 week before the car was built.

Don't know about Canada.

No call yet :(.

I called Ford Customer Service and they said it's finished and waiting to be shipped - still.

Edited by Emil

I was having someone at Ford check a friend's car (2012 Titanium in Red Candy). His was already built the other day, even though his order was placed 2 weeks later than mine. I can only assume dealer allocation and priority have been factors.

Oh, and Murphy keeps showing up at my door. My throttle body on the '02 won't come out (300K+ must have really seized it in there good), and I've got the trunk wiring harness issue again to contend with. I'm going to be broke by the time Murphy leaves :)

Our sticker was available about 1 week before the car was built.

Don't know about Canada.

No call yet :(.

I called Ford Customer Service and they said it's finished and waiting to be shipped - still.

Still no indication that the car is being shipped, is this unusual, been 10 days since it was built?

Still no indication that the car is being shipped, is this unusual, been 10 days since it was built?

Maybe there aren't enough cars to go to your particular area yet, so they might be trying to get enough of a shipment together to minimize transport costs?

After over a week of trying, I finally have a window sticker. :shades: Hopefully my car gets born on the expected build date. Right now, I'm guessing my car won't get in my hands until the second week of September.

Edited by GapBoyPCS

Maybe there aren't enough cars to go to your particular area yet, so they might be trying to get enough of a shipment together to minimize transport costs?

After over a week of trying, I finally have a window sticker. :shades: Hopefully my car gets born on the expected build date. Right now, I'm guessing my car won't get in my hands until the second week of September.

I wish that was true but it's Chicago and the dealer is one of the largest in the area.

Don't make sense, although I can't say I understand all the logistics involved so I can't fairly judge, we'll just have to be patient.

Maybe today? sigh.

I wish that was true but it's Chicago and the dealer is one of the largest in the area.

Don't make sense, although I can't say I understand all the logistics involved so I can't fairly judge, we'll just have to be patient.

Maybe today? sigh.

Just talked to Ford customer Service, they said it was delivered Wednesday! Great news.

She figured they delivered it at night and I know the salesman is off on Thursday.

We'll let you know how it goes.

BTW, Ford Customer Service people are very friendly and helpful, nice to see nowadays.

1-800-392-3673 (1-5-1-2-2 ask to check a vin)

Just talked to Ford customer Service, they said it was delivered Wednesday! Great news.

She figured they delivered it at night and I know the salesman is off on Thursday.

We'll let you know how it goes.

BTW, Ford Customer Service people are very friendly and helpful, nice to see nowadays.

1-800-392-3673 (1-5-1-2-2 ask to check a vin)

After 3 months my daughter got her car!

Great car so far, even if the dealer neglected to add the remote start and sill guards, got to go back :(.

Lots of gadgets to learn.

Has an air of quality to it, great ride!

Went in today to take delivery of the car.... had everything the Dealer said to bring along and now they want more f'n stuff...... gotta wait till Monday. I know when this is all done, whether they say approved (said guaranteed approval) or not I am contacting the Dealership owner, Ford Corporate and the BBB. This is :censored: Fn ridiculous. If I wasn't sooo set on having this car I would say F' it and tell them to stick it where the sun don't shine. :angry2: :angry2: :angry2: :angry2: :angry2::banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

Went in today to take delivery of the car.... had everything the Dealer said to bring along and now they want more f'n stuff...... gotta wait till Monday. I know when this is all done, whether they say approved (said guaranteed approval) or not I am contacting the Dealership owner, Ford Corporate and the BBB. This is :censored: Fn ridiculous. If I wasn't sooo set on having this car I would say F' it and tell them to stick it where the sun don't shine. :angry2: :angry2: :angry2: :angry2: :angry2::banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

Hang in there, all will be good when you drive it home.