GM To Take Number One Sales Spot Away From Toyota

FordBuyer

Tom Krisher and Sharon Silke Carty, AP Auto Writers, On Friday April 22, 2011, 6:23 pm EDT

DETROIT (AP) -- "General Motors is almost certain to claim the title of world's biggest automaker this year, retaking the top spot from Toyota, which has been hurt by production problems since the Japanese earthquake and still can't escape the shadow of major safety recalls.

The No. 1 title, a morale booster for the winner's employees and managers, would cap GM's remarkable comeback from bankruptcy.

GM's sales are up, mainly in China and the U.S, the world's top two markets. Its cars are better than in the past, especially small ones."

Props go to Big Three as they take back market share and take advantage of Japanese tragedy and misfortune. How quickly things can turn so to speak.

• Like 1

I would sooner see Ford at third place with high profits rolling in than see them follow the madness of GM incentives.

Irrespective of the recent tragedy in Japan and ensuing automotive/technology shortages, I think being successful has

much more to do with how you treat customers, suppliers, workers - all stakeholders and in those departments,

GM falls well short of Ford and will continue to do so because of their ingrained culture.

Edited by jpd80
  • Like 1

cool, i guess those 3-5k incentives i see on every single GM vehicle in the lot is working.. way to go GM!

p.s. they still build crap honestly.. nothing has changed, they just go a free reset button to continue being totally lost on what they make and sell..