Better way to track a factory order

rammer77

I can add Mercedes Benz to list that you can track your vehicle. Our sales person gave us detailed information and a weekly update. The 7 week boat ride kind clamps down on the excitement but then it was like amazon. Boat is in the dock, car is off the boat, car is through customs, car assigned to trucking com. eta next Tuesday, arrived at dealer.

I agree that it's about information. Once we've signed on the dotted line and agreed to purchase the car, in most cases placed a deposit, you should be able to track the vehicles production and delivery. I understand that when you order a vehicle and production has yet to begin there won't be any action until production starts. But seriously, what is the harm with having a status that says, "Production begins xx/xx/xxxx check back at that time."

I think people would be more likely to order vehicles and get exactly what they want if the "build and price" on the web site could also become a tracking system. Keep the dealer involved. Take the build and price specs to the dealer, let them add their code. Easy sale. They validate the purchase and you can go back to the web site and track your order.

I ordered a 2015 Expedition in June. Sure would be nice to know when I could expect it instead of getting sometime in Sept or Oct as an answer.

• 2 weeks later...

Tried it with our Flex which all we have right now is the order/dealer codes, no go.

Tried it with a "dealer ordered" VIN and a stock VIN, no go.

Seems to only work for Mustangs right now as I have no problem pulling up their VINs.. :(

This site does not work at all.

I can add Mercedes Benz to list that you can track your vehicle. Our sales person gave us detailed information and a weekly update. The 7 week boat ride kind clamps down on the excitement but then it was like amazon. Boat is in the dock, car is off the boat, car is through customs, car assigned to trucking com. eta next Tuesday, arrived at dealer.

I agree that it's about information. Once we've signed on the dotted line and agreed to purchase the car, in most cases placed a deposit, you should be able to track the vehicles production and delivery. I understand that when you order a vehicle and production has yet to begin there won't be any action until production starts. But seriously, what is the harm with having a status that says, "Production begins xx/xx/xxxx check back at that time."

I think people would be more likely to order vehicles and get exactly what they want if the "build and price" on the web site could also become a tracking system. Keep the dealer involved. Take the build and price specs to the dealer, let them add their code. Easy sale. They validate the purchase and you can go back to the web site and track your order.

I ordered a 2015 Expedition in June. Sure would be nice to know when I could expect it instead of getting sometime in Sept or Oct as an answer.

I ordered a 2015 Expedition on Memorial Day weekend when my dealer got pricing. I would love to be able to check status without being a PIA to my dealer

• 3 weeks later...

I ordered a 2015 Expedition on Memorial Day weekend when my dealer got pricing. I would love to be able to check status without being a PIA to my dealer

Totally agree. I'm in the same boat as you. I've tried the cotusb.ford.com website and I can't get anything to come up. I'm hesitant to ask my dealer because I don't wanna be a PIA as you said.

• 1 month later...

This is my first Ford purchase, have been a GM guy all my life. Sure wish I had a way to track my order on-line. I have tried all the links by VIN number and mine does not appear. I am excited to get my Expedition Platinum, (1FMJU1MT4FEF17649) I spent three years comparing, test driving and pricing before I made this selection. I don't want to keep pestering my salesman, besides he is currently on vacation with his family. Sure would be great to follow the build process.

John

• 3 weeks later...