What is the scheduled build date for the vehicle? Bucked usually means the vehicle is in production.

I don't know how most plants work, but DTP has an ASRS (Automatic Storage Retrieval System) building where painted truck bodies are stored until the assembly plant needs them. In our case, a truck can have a different "bucked" and build date.

just went to the dealership today and they told me my vehicle was Bucked. Any idea what that means?

"Bucked" means the vehicle has started down the line. Well, it's not really a line at that point, but the body build has started in the body shop and the sequenced parts will be coming into the plant. Should be a day or so to completion depending on the shift opeation of the plant where your vehicle is being produced.

What is the scheduled build date for the vehicle? Bucked usually means the vehicle is in production.

I don't know how most plants work, but DTP has an ASRS (Automatic Storage Retrieval System) building where painted truck bodies are stored until the assembly plant needs them. In our case, a truck can have a different "bucked" and build date.

Ah, yes. Forgot about ASRS.

thanks everybody. I found the window sticker on-line and it said a build date of May 5th (220110505)? What does this mean in comparison with it being bucked?

Sounds like it has or will start in Body sometime today, but will not be done in Final until the 5th.

What type of vehicle is it?

http://fordlabels.webview.biz/webviewhybrid/WindowSticker.aspx?vin=1FTFW1ET4BFB62487

Just as I thought. You have an F-150 being built in Dearborn.

Interesting. Your truck body is probably sitting either in the ASRS building or on the line in Body right now. The plant is currently down, that is why it is taking so long between bucked status and final build.

I've been in all the DTP buildings except that one. I need to get in there. I want to see how it all works. :)

I've been through the one at the now-closed Wixom plant, and my feeling was "Yikes!" Expensive to build, and there is significant (and expensive) in-process inventory sitting there.

But....if you're in an environment (like you) where you have a very complex body build with lots of permutations, it can pay to build and paint the bodies and stash them until needed for production. That way at least you can get some batch process rather than having each body be unique.

Oh, and for your information, your truck is now showing "In Production" with an ETA of May 23rd.

Just thought you would want to know. :)

please remember that the E in ETA stands for ESTIMATED....I have an Explrer that was due here March 29th, then April 6th, then April 20th, then April 26th....STILL hasnt shown up....but curiously the Trucking companies are BOMBARDING us with Enterprize Leasing Rental and Courtesy Deliveries.....

http://fordlabels.webview.biz/webviewhybrid/WindowSticker.aspx?vin=1FTFW1ET4BFB62487

Just as I thought. You have an F-150 being built in Dearborn.

Interesting. Your truck body is probably sitting either in the ASRS building or on the line in Body right now. The plant is currently down, that is why it is taking so long between bucked status and final build.

Pioneer you seem to know a lot about the process and locations. Do you know what the difference is between having an F150 being built in Kansas City vs. Dearborn? I thought that I had read in one of the forums that long beds were built at KC but I have a short bed that is being built there (hopefully) 1FTFw1ET2Bkd44499.

Pioneer you seem to know a lot about the process and locations. Do you know what the difference is between having an F150 being built in Kansas City vs. Dearborn? I thought that I had read in one of the forums that long beds were built at KC but I have a short bed that is being built there (hopefully) 1FTFw1ET2Bkd44499.

http://fordlabels.we...TFw1ET2Bkd44499

Your truck is scheduled to be built on May 2nd, and an ETA at your dealer around the 16th.

There is no difference in the trucks built at DTP and KCAP except that KCAP builds all of the FX2's and 8 foot beds, and DTP builds all of the Harley, Platinum, and I think the Lariat Limited models. I think I heard that DTP builds all of the 6.2's but I'm not sure. Your truck was probably scheduled at KCAP because of where you live.

EDIT: Forgot about the Raptor. Dearborn builds all Raptors too.

Edited by Pioneer
  • Like 1

http://fordlabels.we...TFw1ET2Bkd44499

Your truck is scheduled to be built on May 2nd, and an ETA at your dealer around the 16th.

There is no difference in the trucks built at DTP and KCAP except that KCAP builds all of the FX2's and 8 foot beds, and DTP builds all of the Harley, Platinum, and I think the Lariat Limited models. I think I heard that DTP builds all of the 6.2's but I'm not sure. Your truck was probably scheduled at KCAP because of where you live.

EDIT: Forgot about the Raptor. Dearborn builds all Raptors too.

Thanks a lot for the information. It is awesome that knowledgeable people like you take the time to help out customers like me with their questions!

Thanks a lot for the information. It is awesome that knowledgeable people like you take the time to help out customers like me with their questions!

No problem. Enjoy your truck, its going to be a nice one. Besides the 20" wheels, that is probably the truck I would order.

I've been in all the DTP buildings except that one. I need to get in there. I want to see how it all works. :)

Be carefull its all automation and is rather crazy in there, I would not suggest actually going in. You can easily get to it following the tunnels from Body to paint and continue to follow it before the tunnel to Trim, from there you can watch it in motion before they get put on the tunnel line feeding Trim.

so what does in production mean now?

In Production - Produced Ford Dearborn Assembly, MI May-05-2011.

Prelim ETA May-23-2011.

does that mean it's on the assembly line, or it is done and ready for shipping? What are the other stages it has to go through?

thanks

In Production - Produced Ford Dearborn Assembly, MI May-05-2011.

Prelim ETA May-23-2011.

It's was built yesterday on the 5th, and is probably sitting in a holding lot awaiting shipment. Looks like it will be at your dealer around the 23rd.

In very general terms...

Bucked = In Production

Produced = Built but not yet released for shipping

Released = Released for shipping

LX1234556 = Rail Car Number, Etc

Other status notices will or may include intermediate stops on the way to the final rail destination. At the final rail destination A/K/A RAMP, the vehicle will be off-loaded from the rail car, parked in the Ramp lot and then loaded onto a carrier for delivery to the Dealership. There may be delays during the process including equipment delays and problems (rail and/or car carriers) that may be listed in Ford's Vehicle Visibility reports available to Dealers that can change a vehicle's ETA at the final destination.