JLR set to announce 1 billion pound profit rise?

TStag

Make $1B, spend $8B. Doesn't sound like a recipe for success to me. In fact, it sounds like the same recipe Jaguar and Land Rover have been using for the past 2 decades.

:hysterical:

Sorry but JLR is doing that well TATA are now following the strategy laid out by BMW. Namely expand the number of models you sell. A 1 billion pound profit is not to be sniffed out when they only make around a quarter of a million cars. What's Ford's profit to number of cars made ratio over the last 12 months?

And now JLR are planning their own engine plant Ford will start to get less and less money out of JLR for supplying components....

8 billion? Good, maybe they can touch ol' Tata for 10.

It appears that the Jagtatas have decided to compete with BMW in the 3-series size. It will be interesting to see how much that will cost.

They need the learning experience, to discover the difference between corporate wants and corporate needs. :)

Sorry but JLR is doing that well TATA are now following the strategy laid out by BMW. Namely expand the number of models you sell. A 1 billion pound profit is not to be sniffed out when they only make around a quarter of a million cars. What's Ford's profit to number of cars made ratio over the last 12 months?

And now JLR are planning their own engine plant Ford will start to get less and less money out of JLR for supplying components....

Sorry but, unless Jaguar and Land Rover plan on only selling I-4 vehicles, they still have to buy Ford

engines because as part if the sale agreement, there's a nine year engine supply contract in place.

Hmm, a quarter of a million vehicles equals about $1billion in revenue Ford gets from engine sales.

And Ford dodged a huge bullet by selling J/LR and avoiding funding that $8 billion product cycle outlay,

do you not realize that Ford knew exactly how much J/LR could make and also cost its new owners....

Edited by jpd80

Sorry but JLR is doing that well

European J/LR Sales April 2011

Land Rover 4,627 down -7.6%

Jaguar down 1,154 down -45.1%

MMMMmmm Iit looks like sale boom is out of control T-Stag?

Jaguar workers used to assemble Ford engines within Fords Bridgend Plant

Ford kicked them out, now Jaguar workers assemble Ford engines in a Jaguar plant.

If TATA pumped £10's of billions cash into my bank account l would have made more than a billion T-Stag, where has all that money gone?

Fords bank balance profit has been is soaring upwards ever since J/LR left the fold.

Only thing that worries me is when quality car makers outsell the mass producers. BMW RWD 3 Series has outsold the Mundaneo every month this year in the UK & Europe something Ford have no answer to. Jaguar with just over 1,000 sales a month have gotta lotta catching up with (BMW 65,000) to do every month in Europe T-Stag. You have gotta take over mass producers like Honda (9,000) Toyota first (44,000) one step at a time T-Stag.

Edited by Ford Jellymoulds

Jaguar/land Rover is fool's gold, Tata will have to spend way more on development than they will ever see in profit.

LINK

The Indian company, whose Nano model is the world's cheapest car, paid $2.4 billion in June 2008

to buy the Jaguar car and Land Rover SUV brands from Ford Motor Co., and it combined them into a

single division. Chief Financial Officer Chandrasekaran Ramakrishnan said yesterday that capital

spending on the unit will amount to 1.5 billion pounds annually.

Chief Executive Officer Carl-Peter Forster, who said in May that investments in Jaguar Land Rover will

total 5 billion pounds, said yesterday that Tata Motors is willing to consider setting up an Indian engine

plant for the division. Ford currently supplies engines to the unit.

Edited by jpd80

It's plant might be based in India the business column in the Daily Mail reported, so a lotta Jaguar workers based at Ford's Bridgend plant will lose there jobs. It won't be long before everything ends up being built by the curry munchers T-Stag. Maybe they might start naming Jags after curries depending on how hot they are T-Stag.

And Ford is laughing all the way to the bank, 243,000 engine sales to J/LR last year,

guessing that Ford's profit is roughly, $2,000/ engine that's around $500 million

without owning Jaguar or Land Rover...and then there's Volvo engine sales..

J/LR wants to run off and build another engine plant because they were worried

that Ford couldn't supply another 10,000 engines/year,

I hope they get a Tata chocolate teapot I-4.

• 3 weeks later...

And Ford is laughing all the way to the bank, 243,000 engine sales to J/LR last year,

guessing that Ford's profit is roughly, $2,000/ engine that's around $500 million

without owning Jaguar or Land Rover...and then there's Volvo engine sales..

J/LR wants to run off and build another engine plant because they were worried

that Ford couldn't supply another 10,000 engines/year,

I hope they get a Tata chocolate teapot I-4.

They are building 2 engines plants with capacity to make 1 million engines per year. I think they also plan to supply TATA.

That $500 million dollars will diminish over the next 5 years considerably.

JLR may be investing 1 billion a year or more in product. But they are still making profits of over 1 billion a year. All that tech and IPR will now be available to TATA group rather than Ford.

TATA sure know's how to run great brands.

They are building 2 engines plants with capacity to make 1 million engines per year. I think they also plan to supply TATA.

That $500 million dollars will diminish over the next 5 years considerably.

Excellent! — Ford needs that capacity for growth.

JLR may be investing 1 billion a year or more in product. But they are still making profits of over 1 billion a year. All that tech and IPR will now be available to TATA group rather than Ford.

Great! TATA needs all the help it can get — plus they can always licence patents from Ford for tech they don't have the chops to develop, if they still have any money.

TATA sure know's how to run great brands. Maybe (give it another decade), but they sure know how to spend money!

TATA sure know's how to run great brands.

Why is that, because Tata gives J/LR an open cheque book for their product development plan?

Ford set this whole thing up to put themselves in the box seat with almost zero risk and

due to engine sales over the last three years, Ford made more profit out of J/LR than Tata....

Edited by jpd80