Focus Tech Rebate

ncsudrummer

The dealer said that the Focus Technology rebate ($500) is handled by Ford (not the dealer) so it would come in the form of a check at some point. I picked up my car a little under a month ago and still haven't gotten anything in the mail yet. Has anyone gotten their rebate yet and can you confirm that's how it actually works?

Your dealer should have had you sign something at closing that turns it over to the dealer, and they deducted it from your price. That is how it works 99% of the time.

I got 3 Private Cash rebate cards in the mail of $750 which 2 of them expired on 5/22/11 before the dealer had a Focus I would buy. I still had one $750 Private Cash rebate with a different program number that I was able to use before 5/31/11 when it expired. All the Private Cash rebates excluded being combined with the Tech rebate. I did get X-Plan which was not excluded with the Private Cash Rebate.

The dealer wanted me to get the Private Cash rebate directly from Ford also, but I said no.

• 2 weeks later...

What's the "technology rebate"? First I've heard of that.

I've got a 2012 on order (without incentives) and would love any rebates I can get :)

I believe people are talking about the Technology Rebate offered to customers who pre-ordered their Focus prior to its official launch before February 28, 2011.

For whatever reason he (finance guy) said they don't handle it so he had me sign on the side of the form which treats the rebate as a direct payment to the customer (not rolled into the price). Obviously either he wasn't honest about it or this specific dealer doesn't deal with those. I went into the dealer for another reason and pressed the issue and he said he forwarded my concern to Ford. I really hope this doesn't drag out forever.

I believe people are talking about the Technology Rebate offered to customers who pre-ordered their Focus prior to its official launch before February 28, 2011.

Got it. I wouldn't qualify for that one (just ordered mine at the end of May), but am still looking for one of these $750 private offers you guys seem to keep getting that I can't find... :)

Got it. I wouldn't qualify for that one (just ordered mine at the end of May), but am still looking for one of these $750 private offers you guys seem to keep getting that I can't find... :)

Did you request a Focus brochure from Ford.com?

I requested a broucher after ordering my car and got the $750 private offer a few days latter. I also got $500 for using Ford Credit. The Dealer had me sign a form and the $1250 was take of the price of the car when I took delivery.

FWIW, the Ford finacing was not the lowest I could get but the addtional $500 off made the monthly payments a few dollars less at Fords rate compared to the local bank. You have to check this stuff out and see which way makes sense for you.

I requested a broucher after ordering my car and got the $750 private offer a few days latter. I also got $500 for using Ford Credit. The Dealer had me sign a form and the $1250 was take of the price of the car when I took delivery.

FWIW, the Ford finacing was not the lowest I could get but the addtional $500 off made the monthly payments a few dollars less at Fords rate compared to the local bank. You have to check this stuff out and see which way makes sense for you.

All you have to do is take the Ford financing and immediately refinance it with your lender at the lower rate. You still get the $500. I've seen where dealers say you have to wait 3 or 6 months before paying off the FMC loan but there is nothing in the paperwork anywhere that states that. I think I waited about 6 weeks when I did mine.

Update to anyone with this problem: I finally received my $500 check today from my dealer (not Ford corporate). I suspect either they messed up by not filing the paperwork when they were supposed to and had to pay me out of their pocket, or it just finally arrived. Something tells me it was the first one and they were just going to ignore it until I said something.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...