Ford 5th in worldwide sales?

GM is currently 1, Toyota is 2, VW is 3, and Hyundai-Kia is 4th?!!! You gotta be kidding me! And Ford use to own a chunk of Kia I believe. Even if Ford did own Hyundai-Kia, do you think for one minute they wouldhave turned it into a powerhouse? Of course not! It would hurt Ford sales!

GM is currently 1, Toyota is 2, VW is 3, and Hyundai-Kia is 4th?!!! You gotta be kidding me! And Ford use to own a chunk of Kia I believe. Even if Ford did own Hyundai-Kia, do you think for one minute they wouldhave turned it into a powerhouse? Of course not! It would hurt Ford sales!

After the Japanese earthquake, those former Japanese car owners did not come to buy big three's cars or trucks, they turned to Hyuandai and Kia. Personally, I think it is a good things. Why? In the states, there are always 40 to 47% people who will buy big three's car and truck. So 60 to 53% market share are for thos foreign car companies. Janpanese companies took majority share of them, now Korean company become bigger and bigger in the states and Chinese companies will come in the future, maybe Indian company will come also soon, there are still 60% to 47% of market share for all of those foreign car companies. Each Japanese company's profit margin will shrink signifcantly inthe future. So they will try their best to beat Korean's, Chinese, Indians. As a result, they have to increase their price to keep up with their profit or they have to lower the quality to manage their cost.

Edited by weiweishen

Ford is 6th when you include Renault-Nissan

AND YOUR POINT IS? You do have a point? Or is this an inept troll attempt? :finger:

Ford is not doing well in China, the largest car market in the world where GM and VW are doing very well.

You have an attitude problem. Ford is doing reasonably well, considering they started "late", compared to GM and VW. Ford product has been received reasonably well, so it's just like the US and the EU, a long-term effort to increase market share.

As well, considering the Chinese regulations on percentage ownership of Chinese "Ford", and long-term uncertainty of continued ownership and getting profits out of China to shareholders all around the world, maybe a slow start isn't that bad an idea. GM might make billions from millions of Buicks, but if they can't take their profit out of the country . . . :)

Ford is 6th when you include Renault-Nissan

7th if you account for SAIC's sales properly. GM owns a minority stake in its Chinese operations so technically, all those Buick, Chevy, and Wuling sales belong to SAIC, not GM.

You have an attitude problem. Ford is doing reasonably well, considering they started "late", compared to GM and VW. Ford product has been received reasonably well, so it's just like the US and the EU, a long-term effort to increase market share.

As well, considering the Chinese regulations on percentage ownership of Chinese "Ford", and long-term uncertainty of continued ownership and getting profits out of China to shareholders all around the world, maybe a slow start isn't that bad an idea. GM might make billions from millions of Buicks, but if they can't take their profit out of the country . . . :)

Ford has less than 3% of the Chinese Market, GM has 15% and VW is at 19%. What is my attitude problem?

Ford has less than 3% of the Chinese Market, GM has 15% and VW is at 19%. What is my attitude problem?

The attitude is how you phrased the response. Instead of saying Ford has a small market share you said Ford is not doing well. On the contrary, Ford sales are increasing and growing in China, hence the mistake of saying they are not doing well. They are doing ok, and should be fine long term.

Your attitude problem is on this site if u infer the slightest derogatory remark against ford they will jump down your throat, don't forget on here ford can do no wrong!!