Raptor

Hugh

From what I have read, these people with bent frames were really beating the hell out of their trucks. Ford needs to nip this in the bud before it goes viral.

It may be too late for the viral however, I'd have to look at what was done to cause the damage. Yes it's built for off-roading yet nothing is invulnerable period. If there is a reasonable complaint such as the bed frame not fully boxed, Ford should address that for their customers. I don't think they'll make excuses and ask how did the frames get bent? If you want quality assurance, honesty and trust has to happen on both sides. I am not saying anything is amiss, I'm saying find the problem and find a solution.

Sad thing here is that those trucks are now no good, you can't correct that without weakening the frame.

Actually, this is devastating FUD for the Raptor. Thankfully, most people will buy them as soft-roaders anyway.

Edited by BORG

The problem is people will always take anything to the extreme. These are serious off road trucks, but like posted, they do have mechanical limits. When I went to the SEMA show in Vegas, Ford had 4 Raptors in the parking lot with a large hill and speed bumps in the parking lot. It was a ride along thing, very cool. They jumped these trucks over and over and over with out any bending frames.

I am sure these owners are being unreasonable expecting a street legal vehicle to be a Baja truck.

Either way, Ford needs to investigate and respond. The Toyota FJ has alot of problems of torn core supports from people doing the same.