AAI workers being forced to DTP

deflep1

The union said at the executive board meeting Tuesday that 22 workers would be forced back to AAI from Saline and Sheldon Road within 2 weeks. They also confirmed that the plan to force out the lowest 150 workers to DTP is going to happen later this year. The company wants to move everyone at one time, but no date was given. The Saline loan outs need to come back and the 56 workers going out of state have different tentative report dates, so I'm not sure when they will do it. Some of you had accused me of being a fear monger and rumor starter, but again, this was info that was out there and not a secret. The union wasn't sure if there would be TLO's for affected workers (high seniority returning from Saline, the 56 leaving the state, etc.), but they need to figure out how many workers we'll need for this fall. We can't keep everyone and will be over rolled, and some of our low seniority workers knew this and decided going out of state (and getting paid to do so) would be better then being forced to DTP. A few of them said they could hold days at LAP, but would end up on C crew at DTP and didn't want that at all. One guy in my unit will wait until he gets all the moving allowance payments, then consider retirement and move back. He also said if they offered a buyout in a few years, he'd take that too. Ford says the buyouts are gone forever, but if they want to hire a bunch more $14 an hour workers, they might come back and maybe my friend could get paid both ways. We are still waiting to see if we get new products, but even if they confirm we are, it would be more then a year from now, so the lowest 150 just wouldn't be needed. They could come back if we add a shift in a year or so. This is the current plan they have and I'm sure they will get all the details ironed out in time for the return of the Saline loan outs.

The union said at the executive board meeting Tuesday that 22 workers would be forced back to AAI from Saline and Sheldon Road within 2 weeks. They also confirmed that the plan to force out the lowest 150 workers to DTP is going to happen later this year. The company wants to move everyone at one time, but no date was given. The Saline loan outs need to come back and the 56 workers going out of state have different tentative report dates, so I'm not sure when they will do it. Some of you had accused me of being a fear monger and rumor starter, but again, this was info that was out there and not a secret. The union wasn't sure if there would be TLO's for affected workers (high seniority returning from Saline, the 56 leaving the state, etc.), but they need to figure out how many workers we'll need for this fall. We can't keep everyone and will be over rolled, and some of our low seniority workers knew this and decided going out of state (and getting paid to do so) would be better then being forced to DTP. A few of them said they could hold days at LAP, but would end up on C crew at DTP and didn't want that at all. One guy in my unit will wait until he gets all the moving allowance payments, then consider retirement and move back. He also said if they offered a buyout in a few years, he'd take that too. Ford says the buyouts are gone forever, but if they want to hire a bunch more $14 an hour workers, they might come back and maybe my friend could get paid both ways. We are still waiting to see if we get new products, but even if they confirm we are, it would be more then a year from now, so the lowest 150 just wouldn't be needed. They could come back if we add a shift in a year or so. This is the current plan they have and I'm sure they will get all the details ironed out in time for the return of the Saline loan outs.

Def,

What is the objection here? Get paid to move....keep job in mi....choose shift.... everything done by SENIORITY!!

• Like 3

The union said at the executive board meeting Tuesday that 22 workers would be forced back to AAI from Saline and Sheldon Road within 2 weeks.

Great so the temporary loan is over at Saline because of the need in the home unit of AAI. That’s great news. Special thanks to the UAW which negotiated this provision which was not contractual which took care of the excess from shift reduction at AAI.

They also confirmed that the plan to force out the lowest 150 workers to DTP is going to happen later this year.

Good news. The job security language protected these 150 members that gave them the opportunity to continue employment and earning pension credits instead of getting laid off.

The company wants to move everyone at one time, but no date was given.

That’s good that they can plan their futures and piece of mind to know they can provide for their families

The Saline loan outs need to come back and the 56 workers going out of state have different tentative report dates, so I'm not sure when they will do it.

More good news, where members can choose to volunteer and continue their careers in a nice new southern plant.

Some of you had accused me of being a fear monger and rumor starter, but again, this was info that was out there and not a secret.

Thanks, just thankful the job security language helps people not have to fear getting laid off.

The union wasn't sure if there would be TLO's for affected workers (high seniority returning from Saline, the 56 leaving the state, etc.), but they need to figure out how many workers we'll need for this fall.

Im confident they can work this out as quickly as possible

We can't keep everyone and will be over rolled, and some of our low seniority workers knew this and decided going out of state (and getting paid to do so) would be better then being forced to DTP.

That’s what is wonderful about our job security language where they gained these volunteers

A few of them said they could hold days at LAP, but would end up on C crew at DTP and didn't want that at all.

Good point,,,,,,,, They had voluntary options and choose what was best for them and their family

One guy in my unit will wait until he gets all the moving allowance payments, then consider retirement and move back.

Nothing wrong with that, he should be fine

He also said if they offered a buyout in a few years, he'd take that too.

If there are buyouts he can do that too

Ford says the buyouts are gone forever, but if they want to hire a bunch more $14 an hour workers, they might come back and maybe my friend could get paid both ways.

Very good plan

We are still waiting to see if we get new products, but even if they confirm we are, it would be more then a year from now, so the lowest 150 just wouldn't be needed.

That’s what is great about our UAW contract, they can return to their home unit when needed.

They could come back if we add a shift in a year or so.

Yep.

This is the current plan they have and I'm sure they will get all the details ironed out in time for the return of the Saline loan outs.

Im sure they will. And hopefully you will receive your friends returning from their temporary loans with kindness with open arms

This is the current plan they have and I'm sure they will get all the details ironed out in time for the return of the Saline loan outs.

Thanks for letting us know that these members are benefiting with the great negotiated benefit of Job Security

• Like 3

Exactly Louie! ....The members are benefiting by these provisions negotiated by our Union and I am pleased that it is being followed in the correct pecking order. As long as it continues to work out in this fashion I do not believe anyone is being 'Forced"anywhere! Just saying.

• Like 5

.................................................................... The members are benefiting by these provisions negotiated by our Union and I am pleased that it is being followed in the correct pecking order. As long as it continues to work out in this fashion I do not believe anyone is being 'Forced"anywhere! Just saying.

Our Job Security is a second to none thanks to the 2007 product investments and appendix M N O.

Glad everyone has had the opportunity to voluntarily move to other zones with a nice cash incentive to do so.

Good luck to everyone

Edited by Empire
  • Like 2

People of AAI should know there are a handful of individuals that have an appeal with the union to VOLUNTARILY transfer to DTP and are being ignored.

Last year DTP openings were offered to EVERYONE in the system EXCEPT to anyone that had already signed up to transfer to CAP the week before. Since no one had actually transferred yet, there were several people that decided to go to DTP instead, except Ford wouldnt let them. These individuals claim had they known that DTP would be available they would not have signed up for CAP. So a class action appeal was filed. And, naturally, nothing was ever heard from the union about it again. Phone calls were ignored and everyone was basically "stuck" with their original sign up and reported to CAP.

Originally they were told it may only be a few weeks to a few months before they would be back in Michigan but they had to first agree to give up their moving bonus to CAP and accept zero money to move to DTP. Everyone agreed, and now as they wait to hear if they can report to DTP, other people are being FORCED to DTP.

So if it cost the company and the union NOTHING to move these people into DTP why isnt something being done to get these voluntary transferees to report to DTP before forcing others who do not want to go there or worse: laid off?

Can someone answer this?

Im aware that CAP "needs" the manpower but we all know that CAP openings has been offered numerous times company wide and they can (and have) been hiring the two-tier workers. DTP was offered to everyone in the system EXCEPT these people. I dont see how an opening can be offered to every single person except for these 10 or 20 individuals.

There are talks of hiring attorneys but who knows where to even start... Anything anyone can offered would be passed on to all who are seeking answers about this.

Thanks in advance. And good luck.

Def,

What is the objection here? Get paid to move....keep job in mi....choose shift.... everything done by SENIORITY!!

I'm not objecting to the plan to force out the lowest seniority, most people knew it could happen. When I posted info about this a few weeks ago, some posters here were saying it was lies or I was trying to scare workers. I am just posting info to let people know what's going on. Our loan outs at Saline aren't given much info and they are always asking what is going on, so I'm letting people know the plan. As far the workers wanting to stay here at AAI and then be made to go to DTP, that is the definition of being "forced". Survivor, what part of my post is complaining or bitching? I didn't say it wasn't fair or how can they do that. I just stated their plan. Just because I didn't write a post like I was running for office (Louie), that doesn't mean I was crying about it. I knew they were planning this 6 months ago and people who don't even work at AAI were saying on this site that they thought it was fear mongering and bullshit, you guys were just happy that the contract was being followed, as am I.

People of AAI should know there are a handful of individuals that have an appeal with the union to VOLUNTARILY transfer to DTP and are being ignored.

Last year DTP openings were offered to EVERYONE in the system EXCEPT to anyone that had already signed up to transfer to CAP the week before. Since no one had actually transferred yet, there were several people that decided to go to DTP instead, except Ford wouldnt let them. These individuals claim had they known that DTP would be available they would not have signed up for CAP. So a class action appeal was filed. And, naturally, nothing was ever heard from the union about it again. Phone calls were ignored and everyone was basically "stuck" with their original sign up and reported to CAP.

Originally they were told it may only be a few weeks to a few months before they would be back in Michigan but they had to first agree to give up their moving bonus to CAP and accept zero money to move to DTP. Everyone agreed, and now as they wait to hear if they can report to DTP, other people are being FORCED to DTP.

So if it cost the company and the union NOTHING to move these people into DTP why isnt something being done to get these voluntary transferees to report to DTP before forcing others who do not want to go there or worse: laid off?

Can someone answer this?

Im aware that CAP "needs" the manpower but we all know that CAP openings has been offered numerous times company wide and they can (and have) been hiring the two-tier workers. DTP was offered to everyone in the system EXCEPT these people. I dont see how an opening can be offered to every single person except for these 10 or 20 individuals.

There are talks of hiring attorneys but who knows where to even start... Anything anyone can offered would be passed on to all who are seeking answers about this.

Thanks in advance. And good luck.

Sounds like they signed a irrevocable agreement to go to CAP, the eligibility window closed and it was final and binding at that point. A week later there are postings for DTP. They signed a binding agreement to go to CAP, irrevocable. Am I missing something? Whats the difference of a week, month, years later for any posting in zone? IRREVOCABLE

If they were so interested in going to DTP why didnt they sign up the 3 previous times over the past 2 years DTP was offered while they were eligible.

Something smells fishy here

Are you possibly on the bubble of being "forced" to DTP if these members dont return? Me thinks so............

• Like 2

The company should try this option:

Tell the lowest 150 people you have a choice,

be put on ILO or go to work at DTP, that way

no one feels forced to go to DTP, cause most

Likely they will choose DTP instead of being

laid off.

That will solve the whole problem with anyone

Feeling they are forced.

By the way DTP is not as bad as all of you

Make it out to be!

General,

I mostly disagree with your twisted posts but you hit a home run with this one

Well put and well said.

We have this benefit of job security and transferring in or out of zone with our seniority and yet still people complain

Unbelievable

Good post

• Like 2

General,

I mostly disagree with your twisted posts but you hit a home run with this one

Well put and well said.

We have this benefit of job security and transferring in or out of zone with our seniority and yet still people complain

Unbelievable

Good post

Amen! By now Ford has posted these jobs for everyone per-contract for years, if your LOW you must GO ! No ?????'s..Hey Gen, where the heck is Big Country?

• Like 2

I have never seen anything like this!!!

You got this DEFLAP guy screaming force here force there blah blah blah

Be thankful you and your AAI brothers and sisters have a choice of in zone and out of zone offers

Many Skilled have not been offered any opportunity other that ILO or take a $5 per hour pay cut and go to production with a new seniority date

Please go cry somewhere else

• Like 1

The company should try this option:

Tell the lowest 150 people you have a choice,

be put on ILO or go to work at DTP, that way

no one feels forced to go to DTP, cause most

Likely they will choose DTP instead of being

laid off.

That will solve the whole problem with anyone

Feeling they are forced.

By the way DTP is not as bad as all of you

Make it out to be!

Forced to work in a new air conditioned plant, 3 day weekends. that doesn't seem too bad!

• Like 3

:shades: "skilled" is such an ephemeral word. All of us are "skilled", one way or another. The fact that you worked hard, studied much, and became a "skilled" worker is very admirable. But, still having a job, at such a lower rate(sarcasm intended), well, golly.

Walmarts, like Fords, is always hiring. At a "discounted" rate, of course. Maybe your "skill" might transfer there, for say, $7.50/hr. The Walton family would be thrilled to have such a great employee, and one day you might work your way up to greeter, should you live so long on such a piddling way.

Either way, may the Force be with you, Fnord. :shades:

• Like 1

Yes the 3 day weekends are great but there is no air conditioning.

It wasn't too hot I spent a summer there. I remember having to wear a coat while working in a JLG (lift) one afternoon. DTP is home of the F-150 and just like the slogan says "FORD TOUGH" I love working here, don't miss Saylean a bit.

• Like 1

Sounds like they signed a irrevocable agreement to go to CAP, the eligibility window closed and it was final and binding at that point. A week later there are postings for DTP. They signed a binding agreement to go to CAP, irrevocable. Am I missing something? Whats the difference of a week, month, years later for any posting in zone? IRREVOCABLE

If they were so interested in going to DTP why didnt they sign up the 3 previous times over the past 2 years DTP was offered while they were eligible.

Something smells fishy here

Are you possibly on the bubble of being "forced" to DTP if these members dont return? Me thinks so............

You "thinks" wrong... but thats ok. I think you are missing something... Maybe I need to add more information.

The sign up for CAP was still open when the DTP sign up became available. The time frame that Im referring to was the FIRST time DTP was offered roughly two years ago. Its been sitting on the back shelf that long, all the while people from various locations were being forced to DTP. The reason varies why they want to report to DTP, but mostly because some folks relocated out of Michigan and now would like to come "home" ... First they were told that there were no openings available... then they said DTP openings were only offered to Zone 1 and 2.

The eligibility window was absolutely NOT closed. Hence, the appeal. The appeal was based on IRREVOCABLE being reversed due to the fact that it was filed BEFORE openings to CAP and DTP were closed. Im sorry I dont have the dates on those available to me at this moment. But I can get them if I thought it would make any difference.

So in a nutshell: CAP signups opened. Before CAP sign ups closed DTP became available. These people asked to "switch" their choice. They were told no, and before either eligibility window closed an appeal was filed and promptly thrown on the back burner. It was very important to know that the appeal was filed and recorded BEFORE the sign up windows closed. They were told that would be the only way the appeal would even be considered. After roughly one month, phone calls were ignored and messages no longer returned. Now people are being forced to DTP and Im on this forum asking why force if there are volunteers? Wouldnt you want to know this?

Im not here to argue if Im on the bubble... Im not. I retire in a few years. I dont even work at AAI. But with all the suspicions on this site these days, I really wasnt counting on getting much real information anyway. But I completely agree with you, brother, there is definitely something fishy going on...

But thanks for the reply.

Anyone else know of information, I would be happy to pass along. What would it take to get the union to focus on the appeal they filed?

:shades: "skilled" is such an ephemeral word. All of us are "skilled", one way or another. The fact that you worked hard, studied much, and became a "skilled" worker is very admirable. But, still having a job, at such a lower rate(sarcasm intended), well, golly.

Walmarts, like Fords, is always hiring. At a "discounted" rate, of course. Maybe your "skill" might transfer there, for say, $7.50/hr. The Walton family would be thrilled to have such a great employee, and one day you might work your way up to greeter, should you live so long on such a piddling way.

Either way, may the Force be with you, Fnord. :shades:

:ninja:

• Like 2