Tigers vs. White Sox vs. Indians

The AL Central is a close race. Still a lot of time for the Chicago White Sox or Cleveland Indians to make a run and take over first place. I would hope the Detroit Tigers finish first, but we have seen them fold in the past. This weekends series vs. the White Sox is huge, but then the Tigers go to Cleveland for 3 games and the following week to Chicago for another 3 games. The Tigers don't have it locked up. In turn, Cleveland and Chicago play 8 games against each other this month. It's going to be a great month of baseball. Tonight the Tigers should get a win with Verlander on the mound. After that, all bets are off.

• Like 4

The AL Central is a close race. Still a lot of time for the Chicago White Sox or Cleveland Indians to make a run and take over first place. I would hope the Detroit Tigers finish first, but we have seen them fold in the past. This weekends series vs. the White Sox is huge, but then the Tigers go to Cleveland for 3 games and the following week to Chicago for another 3 games. The Tigers don't have it locked up. In turn, Cleveland and Chicago play 8 games against each other this month. It's going to be a great month of baseball. Tonight the Tigers should get a win with Verlander on the mound. After that, all bets are off.

Verlander is indeed having a terrific year and to this point is deserving of the Cy young without a doubt ! That's were any discussion about the tigers should end though...... Indians,tigers, and the whitesox are without a doubt going anywhere anytime soon ! Good luck J.V

• Like 3

Verlander is indeed having a terrific year and to this point is deserving of the Cy young without a doubt ! That's were any discussion about the tigers should end though...... Indians,tigers, and the whitesox are without a doubt going anywhere anytime soon ! Good luck J.V

Good point on the Cy Young. Verlander should also be considered for the MVP. He is in the race for the pitching Triple Crown--wins, ERA and strikeouts. He leads in wins and strikeouts and is one bad Jared Weaver game from taking over the ERA lead. Definitely will watch him tonight.

• Like 3

Good point on the Cy Young. Verlander should also be considered for the MVP. He is in the race for the pitching Triple Crown--wins, ERA and strikeouts. He leads in wins and strikeouts and is one bad Jared Weaver game from taking over the ERA lead. Definitely will watch him tonight.

I like the baseball. I want sox to win but like the Verlander. he like a bull in meadow.

• Like 3

Verlander good again. Tigers need other pitchers to step it up.

• Like 3

Another win last night, these Tigers are really fun to watch

Yes, the Tigers are hitting and scoring a lot more runs lately. I thought it would be a close race and never expected Detroit to be running away in the AL Central. Tigers on national TV again today on Fox at 4 P.M. Hopefully, Scherzer pitches well. He is pretty inconsistent. Go Tigers!

Tigers get ninth straight win today. Cut their total to clinch the AL Central to seven. Fister pitched very well again. With the team playing so well, many may have missed Jose Valverde's 43 save breaking Todd Jones record of 42. Valverde may get the Rolaids Relief Award. He deserves it.

What an exciting weekend in Detroit sports !!!!!

All I can say is WOW!!! If they keep this up through the playoffs world series here we come

Bless You Boys

The Tigers are on an amazing roll. They haven't won this many games in a row since 1968. No Tiger pitcher has won 11 in a row since 1946. They are the closest team to winning their division. I hope this trend continues to a World Series victory.

• Like 1

The Tigers are on an amazing roll. They haven't won this many games in a row since 1968. No Tiger pitcher has won 11 in a row since 1946. They are the closest team to winning their division. I hope this trend continues to a World Series victory.

+1 I think the Tigers will be the first to win their division, too.
  • Like 2

+1 I think the Tigers will be the first to win their division, too.

What an ending to today's game. Two pinch hit HR's in the top of the ninth. The last time the same time had two pinch hit HR's in one inning was in 1958. In this case it was back to back HR's--From the Baseball Reference archives:

"I posed this question to the PI (using the batting event finder, searching for homeruns by all teams and filtering for "innings 10+" and pos. "PH". The game tot section then tells you if there were more than 1 in a game) and found only one other game since 1952.

On June 4, 1958 the Giants, who at one point lead the Braves 7-1, were trailing 9-7 with 2 outs in the bottom of the tenth. However, in a series of moves that had to have made manager Bill Rigney look like a genius, Hank Sauer and Bob Schmidt hit back to back pinch hit home runs to tie the game. The Giants ended up losing an inning later, but since then there has never been 2 extra inning pinch hit home runs by one team in a single game ."

So, 53 years between these events. Pretty historic.

• Like 1