Detroit 3pact to face closer scrutiny

Len_A

At the end it mentions people wondering 'Who deserves a raise in this economy?".....Well who deserves bonuses and large stock options?.....Alan M. apparantly cause i havent heard Wall St. or the media crying out UNFAIR! He gets millions...10 times as much as the CEO for Toyota or Honda...Mr. "I'm just fine where I am". Why cant people wake up out of their "media" coma and see things with their own eyes and see how workers all over, not just us UAW members, have been abused by corporate greed and politicians who take the money and turn their heads. WAKE UP AMERICA!!!! THEY HAVE KILLED ALL THE MIDDLE CLASS!!!! We used to be the top of that, no longer. Now the "new middle class" starts at 200,000 a year or better and who makes that? Yep you guessed it upper managers....WOW imagine that. Im ashamed of the people of this country, hard working Americans who have let this happen by "following the herd", voting for greedy politicians, and downing the unions at every turn. Im ashamed of the corporate heads as well that do this to us time after time all in the name of profit...but not taking sacrifice themselves. Did their fathers or grandfathers work as tradesmen, work in a factory, work their fingers to the bone for their future??? And this is how they repay that memory....screw those same hard working Americans till 70% of this country are in poverty level wages. But what do I know Im just one of those "spoiled UAW workers".

• Like 3

At the end it mentions people wondering 'Who deserves a raise in this economy?".....Well who deserves bonuses and large stock options?.....Alan M. apparantly cause i havent heard Wall St. or the media crying out UNFAIR! He gets millions...10 times as much as the CEO for Toyota or Honda...Mr. "I'm just fine where I am". Why cant people wake up out of their "media" coma and see things with their own eyes and see how workers all over, not just us UAW members, have been abused by corporate greed and politicians who take the money and turn their heads. WAKE UP AMERICA!!!! THEY HAVE KILLED ALL THE MIDDLE CLASS!!!! We used to be the top of that, no longer. Now the "new middle class" starts at 200,000 a year or better and who makes that? Yep you guessed it upper managers....WOW imagine that. Im ashamed of the people of this country, hard working Americans who have let this happen by "following the herd", voting for greedy politicians, and downing the unions at every turn. Im ashamed of the corporate heads as well that do this to us time after time all in the name of profit...but not taking sacrifice themselves. Did their fathers or grandfathers work as tradesmen, work in a factory, work their fingers to the bone for their future??? And this is how they repay that memory....screw those same hard working Americans till 70% of this country are in poverty level wages. But what do I know Im just one of those "spoiled UAW workers".

The majority of the country is white collar, and could give a fuck about anyone blue collar, union or nonunion. Most white collar people aren't like me, marginal economist & others who at least treat UAW members with respect. Hell, the anti-UAW/anti-union crowd exists in my own extended family. My cousin's kid is a GM manufacturing engineer, and not only is his great uncle (my Dad) UAW, so is his dad, and this past Easter, he revealed his true feelings about union members - he said he fires them all the time. Outside unionized contractors, who he says get in the way of doing his job, he out-rightly fires. UAW GM employees, he rights them up, left & right. Doesn't give one fucking shit about his blue collar UAW heritage. When one of the Detroit area GM assembly plants contract negotiations get hung up on local issues, I guarantee my very white collar engineer cousin is one of the causes of those local issues.

And the fact is all you can say about this is "deal with it". I've given up on fighting back against these assholes. I end up feeling so out numbered, and sometimes so surrounded, that for me, as a white collar worker, politically I no longer dare even play devils advocate. Fact is they don't fucking care, and the more they hear from any of the dwindling pro-UAW/pro-union crowd, the more they feel justified in not only badmouthing the UAW & the Detroit 3, but in making a point of buying their favorite non-union transplant made POS. And that's the big risk - giving these dickheads a reason to take their business elsewhere and get on the Internet and badmouth us all incessantly. Anyone you reads the different forum posts from newspapers, auto web sites, etc knows exactly what I mean. I just plain give up these days.

• Like 3

The majority of the country is white collar, and could give a fuck about anyone blue collar, union or nonunion. Most white collar people aren't like me, marginal economist & others who at least treat UAW members with respect. Hell, the anti-UAW/anti-union crowd exists in my own extended family. My cousin's kid is a GM manufacturing engineer, and not only is his great uncle (my Dad) UAW, so is his dad, and this past Easter, he revealed his true feelings about union members - he said he fires them all the time. Outside unionized contractors, who he says get in the way of doing his job, he out-rightly fires. UAW GM employees, he rights them up, left & right. Doesn't give one fucking shit about his blue collar UAW heritage. When one of the Detroit area GM assembly plants contract negotiations get hung up on local issues, I guarantee my very white collar engineer cousin is one of the causes of those local issues.

And the fact is all you can say about this is "deal with it". I've given up on fighting back against these assholes. I end up feeling so out numbered, and sometimes so surrounded, that for me, as a white collar worker, politically I no longer dare even play devils advocate. Fact is they don't fucking care, and the more they hear from any of the dwindling pro-UAW/pro-union crowd, the more they feel justified in not only badmouthing the UAW & the Detroit 3, but in making a point of buying their favorite non-union transplant made POS. And that's the big risk - giving these dickheads a reason to take their business elsewhere and get on the Internet and badmouth us all incessantly. Anyone you reads the different forum posts from newspapers, auto web sites, etc knows exactly what I mean. I just plain give up these days.

Thanks for the perspective Len

I do read on line news articles in many cities newspapers and I do read the responses.

There are many Americans that purposely buy imports just to spite the UAW or union work force. Many hold true to the Republican view that unions must be stopped public or private.

Hey Len I have a question for you. Your relatives that hate unions, are they Republican? The FOX News type Republican where they spew verbatim what was said last night on Beck?

Just curious.

Thanks Len for sticking up for what is right!!!! I for one do thank you................ Keep up the fight Brother!!!!

• Like 1

Thanks for the perspective Len

I do read on line news articles in many cities newspapers and I do read the responses.

There are many Americans that purposely buy imports just to spite the UAW or union work force. Many hold true to the Republican view that unions must be stopped public or private.

Hey Len I have a question for you. Your relatives that hate unions, are they Republican? The FOX News type Republican where they spew verbatim what was said last night on Beck?

Just curious.

Thanks Len for sticking up for what is right!!!! I for one do thank you................ Keep up the fight Brother!!!!

No, supposedly he votes Democrat. That's the one really weird thing I can't understand, but then again I've never, in thirty years of paying attention, understood UAW members that are die hard Republicans either. It's like cutting off your nose to spite your face. I've also never understood other union members being so hateful of the UAW & CAW either. I got brought up to believe in union solidarity, but it seems to be solidarity only when it's convenient, That hasn't helped any of us dependent on the Detroit auto industry.
  • Like 3

No, supposedly he votes Democrat. That's the one really weird thing I can't understand, but then again I've never, in thirty years of paying attention, understood UAW members that are die hard Republicans either. It's like cutting off your nose to spite your face. I've also never understood other union members being so hateful of the UAW & CAW either. I got brought up to believe in union solidarity, but it seems to be solidarity only when it's convenient, That hasn't helped any of us dependent on the Detroit auto industry.

Wow.....

Thanks again Len.............. I appreciate your support (as well as many others here).

Thank you

• Like 2

Here is another idea Len_A.Forget all this,,,,if they dont keep paying me $28 an hour I`ll strike,I am powerful!Try this,,,,,,if you dont make concessions,,,,,hit the sidewalk.Pro sports players got locked out think autoworkers cant get locked out?Mullaly and Ford jr. wont feel a thing!Wall Street would love to see the UAW on the street.

Edited by Fatso

Here is another idea Len_A.Forget all this,,,,if they dont keep paying me $28 an hour I`ll strike,I am powerful!Try this,,,,,,if you dont make concessions,,,,,hit the sidewalk.Pro sports players got locked out think autoworkers cant get locked out?Mullaly and Ford jr. wont feel a thing!Wall Street would love to see the UAW on the street.

I doubt that they're going to even come close to trying to make any of the top tier hourly workers take a pay cut. Wouldn't worry about that at all. I don't even think it's a possibility. Just my opinion.