STAP ..Last car

ute

I was just informed that there will be a "no get in " policy on the last day .

So any of us retirees that want to come in and and see the last car off of 8 are not allowed in ...WTF !!!!!

Is this the way it was at other plants ?

IMO this is just wrong .

• Like 2

So any of us retirees that want to come in and and see the last car off of 8 are not allowed in ...WTF !!!!!

IMO this is just wrong .

That's the way it was at my plant (SLAP) when it closed. The only people watching the last unit roll off the end of chassis where the workers that were still working and not laid off yet.

I'm sure people won't cause a problem with the chance of losing your severance for being fired on the last day. I heard that as your job is done you have to leave the plant and can't stay to the end. Not sure if this is true but I do know at the Sterling plant the employees were allowed to follow the last truck to the end. I guess some companies have more class. I hope ford will allow these hardworking dedicated people see the last car out the door. If you choose to be an idiot and cause trouble, your fired. There will be hard times ahead for alot of people. I wish you all the best.

IMO this is just wrong .

No ! I know its a few years back but when Edison, N.J closed down (10yrs) the last vehicle rolling off line was in a lottery type drawing to be given away. Many stuck around for the drawing and many stayed to say their good-bye's. Was an emotional event but wouldn't trade it for anything. Good luck to those facing closure and stay grateful because transferring to another job isn't the worst thing in the world that could happen to you in your life. NEVER FORGET 9/11 ....OR ALL THE FAMILIES

Anyone know if a person can get in trouble from the company for posting photo's of the inside of the plant?

Can? Yes.

Would? Dunno. When I hired in, I was given a handbook of plant rules. Among the restricted activities was photography of any kind without management approval (fat chance on a signature for that).

If you are referring to a closing plant, I suspect you will not be sanctioned for photography within the plant. Posting those photos here or broadcasting them could result in either disciplinary action OR legal redress.

Use caution, but if you see a large number of people doing so, you may have "implied authorization" if management does not interfere with obvious photography.

• Like 1

IMO this is just wrong .

Not sure what it has been like in other plants, or what the plan was for STAP, but there have recently been some security issues that appears to have forced the company's hand with respect to the security.

However, it's not like it's Fort Knox there. If you want in, you'll find a way.

Anyone know if a person can get in trouble from the company for posting photo's of the inside of the plant?

Fired touched on it, but you can, it's just a matter of what you are trying to take a picture of. I've seen Supervisors post pics from inside the plant on Facebook, so I can't see them going after you.

What are you trying to post?

• Like 1

Thanks guys

Your right its not Ft Knox ... just found it strange that they would feel this way

I don't think to many would be angry but who knows

Right you are, I will be there at 6:45 AM with my old lunch bucket and walk in with crowd, pair of old jeans and a long face you will fit right in

• Like 1

BINGO !

I don't know if anyone on this forum has said it and I know I speak for a lot of folks, I am so sorry that your days have come to an end at STAP. It is difficult, I'm sure, because the people u work with are like family. It is such a sad reminder of how things can change both in the U.S. and right across the pond. You have our prayers to hopefully continue to work whether it be with a transfer or with different employment. It is sad to think that hard working members might in fact not have a job and be without a paycheck. My family have owned the very cars that you have built and admire the quality and hard work behind the production of those cars. I hope you get a chance to visit while the last car is being made to say goodbye to your workforce family and hopefully hello to what I hope is a brighter future for the hard workers at STAP. Good Luck!!

I don't know if anyone on this forum has said it and I know I speak for a lot of folks, I am so sorry that your days have come to an end at STAP. It is difficult, I'm sure, because the people u work with are like family. It is such a sad reminder of how things can change both in the U.S. and right across the pond. You have our prayers to hopefully continue to work whether it be with a transfer or with different employment. It is sad to think that hard working members might in fact not have a job and be without a paycheck. My family have owned the very cars that you have built and admire the quality and hard work behind the production of those cars. I hope you get a chance to visit while the last car is being made to say goodbye to your workforce family and hopefully hello to what I hope is a brighter future for the hard workers at STAP. Good Luck!!

Well said!

THANK YOU

• Like 1

I would like to thank all those at STAP who were so kind, helpful and understanding when my wife was first hired and taken into the St. Thomas Assembly Plant family. Starting a new job is always a stressful time but the people she worked with over the years always made it easier no matter what line she worked on. You are a CLASS act. It will be a very tough day for all of you workers and those that are retired. To the ford company you were a number but to your fellow line workers you became family. Like I have said before this is now our 5th job loss. The way I look at it is that we have been thrown overboard again but with a life jacket and must swim till we find another boat to pick us up. Good luck to all of you and never stop swimming. To the remaining ford employees of this forum, thanks for allowing me to look in and at times post my thoughts even though I was not an employee. I wish you all well with the next contract but keep your unions feet to the fire and make them accountable for their decisions. I hope for the best for all.

I would like to thank all those at STAP who were so kind, helpful and understanding when my wife was first hired and taken into the St. Thomas Assembly Plant family. Starting a new job is always a stressful time but the people she worked with over the years always made it easier no matter what line she worked on. You are a CLASS act. It will be a very tough day for all of you workers and those that are retired. To the ford company you were a number but to your fellow line workers you became family. Like I have said before this is now our 5th job loss. The way I look at it is that we have been thrown overboard again but with a life jacket and must swim till we find another boat to pick us up. Good luck to all of you and never stop swimming. To the remaining ford employees of this forum, thanks for allowing me to look in and at times post my thoughts even though I was not an employee. I wish you all well with the next contract but keep your unions feet to the fire and make them accountable for their decisions. I hope for the best for all.

Careful, Aces will have your head for posting here without being a Ford Employee.

• Like 1

IMO this is just wrong .

I just walked in Ute , just like every other time ,no issue with me getting in.

Very weird to see that when you walk out Ute for the last time ,all the sounds of assembly plant gone .....quiet. R.I.P STAP 1967-2011.

Looking back up the line and NOTHING following the last one........a sad day, but not our last day. Stay strong and be proud of all you accomplished. Just remember, in the eyes of the guys in the Glass House, your just an entry in a spreadsheet. But in the eyes of your STAP co-workers, you're FAMILY!

Good Luck as a new day comes and face it with the knowledge that you survived STAP, you can survive anything the world can throw at you.

• Like 1