2007 Superduty.

GT40 2

Any signs of air ride suspensions? Is the frame, axles, etc pretty close to that of the 2005's & 06's? Any hint of a 6 speed auto?

No Air Susp as of right now, frame, axle, etc are essentially the same. Not sure about the 6-speed. The grill now raises with the hood, the tailgate has Super Duty stamped into it, the interior under went a complete make-over.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The 2007 SD will be the same style as what we at KTP are building now. The new design will start production in Jan of 2007 and will be considered the 2008 model. I was told that the availability of a newly formulated diesel fuel that the 6.4L would run more efficiently on is what has pushed the production back. The oil companies were not able to get this to market in order for the 6.4L to launch in Oct of 2006 for the 2007MY.

This info was from some engineers at KTP and is probably subject to change.

I have been told the same thing by our Commercial Truck manager at Ford.

The concept is not that bad if it was toned down a bit. I hope they do drop a different looking cab on the SD's than the one that is on the current model and the test mules that have been spotted. I like the Brinks truck look where there is less window and more door, kinda like the 300M.

I hate that look- and it's been a source of some controversy in the F150. It feels OK once you're inside, but that stoopid deep bed design is a side effect of the look. Universally hated by guys that actually use the truck as a truck- even six-footers have trouble reaching in and dragging stuff out without dropping the tailgate. First and foremost, it's a truck- designers need to remember that.

Edited by PolarBear

I hate that look- and it's been a source of some controversy in the F150. It feels OK once you're inside, but that stoopid deep bed design is a side effect of the look. Universally hated by guys that actually use the truck as a truck- even six-footers have trouble reaching in and dragging stuff out without dropping the tailgate. First and foremost, it's a truck- designers need to remember that.

I hate tall bed sides, too. My 01 F150 is a pain in the ass to get anything out of, especially since it's a 4x4. My 96 F150 had the perfect height sides. Sometimes I wonder why I ever sold my 96, it was perfect...

I hate tall bed sides, too. My 01 F150 is a pain in the ass to get anything out of, especially since it's a 4x4. My 96 F150 had the perfect height sides. Sometimes I wonder why I ever sold my 96, it was perfect...

I couldn't bear to part with my '93..... so I just gave it to my kid. 203,000 and still running strong. The best vehicle of any kind that we've ever owned. I still have to go out, give it a good wash, and scratch it behind the mirrors every once in awhile. :)

Come to think of it, I haven't felt that way about a car.... any car..... in a long, long time.

• 2 weeks later...
The 2007 SD will be the same style as what we at KTP are building now. The new design will start production in Jan of 2007 and will be considered the 2008 model.

That works perfectly for me although I am not interested in the diesel. You can just put another V-10 in my '08 SD.

Thanks for the updates. I'll be watching for more of your posts.

Any of you KTP boys see anything that might suggest a cab structure better suited to a class 6,7 or 8 truck? Keep in mind the no compete expires soon. So if they are going to get back in, I would assume they would do it gradually. Any commonality of cabs as long as they were engineered properly would be a big cost saver. If the current 650/750 has any negative press, some guys bitch about the low seating position. what it needs is more greenhouse that would lead to elevated seating and improved visibility.

In any case, I'm with you guys who don't like the big door/small glass look. It's a truck! It should be functional. And as for the bed height, the 150 sure as hell sets a poor example. For those fleets that have a significant number, I bet at some point in time the workers comp claims associated with back strains will start to tell a story.

The 2007 SD will be the same style as what we at KTP are building now. The new design will start production in Jan of 2007 and will be considered the 2008 model. I was told that the availability of a newly formulated diesel fuel that the 6.4L would run more efficiently on is what has pushed the production back. The oil companies were not able to get this to market in order for the 6.4L to launch in Oct of 2006 for the 2007MY.

This info was from some engineers at KTP and is probably subject to change.

Are you talking about the low sulfer diesel fuel? I heard the oil companies received a one year delay on the deadline from the EPA. Wonder how well the 6.4 will run on the high sulfer fuel out there now since I doubt it will be universally available for a couple of years.

• 2 weeks later...

Just taking a guess here, from another thread, it appears that the V-10 will be pushed to the side for a new larger displacement V-8. Though, someone else in that same thread stated that Ford was testing VCT on the current 3V v-10 heads (as they apparently do not have the VCT that the 5.4 and 4.6L heads do). Take that for what its worth.

• 2 weeks later...

I attended the National Truck Equipment Show last week in Atlanta. We had several sessions with the head engineer for trucks. The 2007 is a carry over vehicle with a few package and trim enhancements.

The big change will be in January when the new emissions for diesels kicks in and the truck will undergo both a sheet metal and engine/exhaust changes. They did NOT go into any detail on the sheet metal and the only emissions we talked about was the exhaust, extra cooling, etc that will be required. No cost estimaters were given but in one of the meetings with the GM head engineer, he stated that they anticipate costs to go up $3500 to $5000 on their HD trucks. IH was there as well and did not give ideas on their increases on their med duty trucks.

The concensus was that a lot of potential customers will pull ahead their buying to avoid the 07 emissions and increased cost.

I attended the National Truck Equipment Show last week in Atlanta. We had several sessions with the head engineer for trucks. The 2007 is a carry over vehicle with a few package and trim enhancements.

The big change will be in January when the new emissions for diesels kicks in and the truck will undergo both a sheet metal and engine/exhaust changes. They did NOT go into any detail on the sheet metal and the only emissions we talked about was the exhaust, extra cooling, etc that will be required. No cost estimaters were given but in one of the meetings with the GM head engineer, he stated that they anticipate costs to go up $3500 to $5000 on their HD trucks. IH was there as well and did not give ideas on their increases on their med duty trucks.

The concensus was that a lot of potential customers will pull ahead their buying to avoid the 07 emissions and increased cost.

Ed, Did he drop any hints on 650/750 or the tandem issue?

Ed, Did he drop any hints on 650/750 or the tandem issue?

The only 08 F650/750 info we got is that the 6.4L powerstroke will not be available and that the Cummins will increase from a 5.9L to a 6.4L. Of course after 1/1/07 the whole emissions, fuel, diesel oil changes so no one could say how much the trucks would increase.

Edited by isellford