GT40 2

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...
Is their any reliable information on the rumored 6.4 twin turbo engine? specs? time frame? or is it a myth???Please let me know?

It will be the 6.4L twin Navi. Specs are under wraps right now. Been told by S.D. launch engineer that Job 1 of 2007 S.D. has been pushed back to Jan. of 2007. Thats about 6 months later than normal. By the time we start building the new 07's, Ford may decide to call it an 08'. If they are built in Jan., look for them on dealer lots in late Feb. Why so late? Been told Ford is still working on reliability of this new twin turbo. They want to take every step cautiously as to make sure it is not a repeat of the previous 6.0L P.S. :D

Sorry if this is the wrong form, but was reading the 2007 article and was thinking......

With the 2007 on its way (without a 6.0) and articles like "Ford's diesel drama drags on: Power Stroke woes anger buyers, drive up warranty costs, RICHARD TRUETT | Automotive News,Posted Date: 12/14/05" being posted everywhere, the resale value of my oil leaking, no quite idle, sissy T/H, 2004 6.0 King Ranch sucks.

Anyone heard if Ford is going to do anything about it or is the money gone just like the truck I thought I purchased?

RW

I think it wont be down in value too much.The KR's keep theirr value well.

Taken a step further, with the exception of a few exotics, I don't know of anything in automobildom that carries a higher retention of new value than a Ford Powerstroke Crew- and that includes the 6.0's.

I don't have any info on them, but I am very interested to see the final product.

I'd like to see the final product too. I saw a drawing in the latest issue of "Truck Trend" that shows the Super Duty Crew Cabs with "suicide doors" as an answer to Dodge's Mega Cab. I sure hope they don't do that. I don't think a truck with suicide doors (other than those on SuperCabs) is very practical.

Taken a step further, with the exception of a few exotics, I don't know of anything in automobildom that carries a higher retention of new value than a Ford Powerstroke Crew- and that includes the 6.0's.

beg to differ here... my new 05, purchased july 05, only has 4400 miles on it, list 61.500.00 cdn!!!

the one i drive/tow into the dealer WEEKLY! now, the one they are unable to correctly repair, has got a whopping trade in value at the same dealer of only 40.900 cdn as of yesterday. hmmm retaining value???

i went to the local dodge dealer.... stated out right THEY WILL NOT !!!!!! take it on trade as even the whole salers to the usa are not buying these drones, and that they might be stuck with it for months, they only offered 44.200.00 (apparently there is a wee reliability problem). with taxes, it kinda suxs eating 25 grand in 6 months just get rid of a head ache. i would much prefer thar ford step to the plate and addrees the power/fuel/turbo issues and repair these vehicles.. but the profit driven area service reps, and the company in general apparantly are not too interested in retaining customers. truly sad..

As a side note the family here (myself /spouse and 2 sibblings) are embarking on a day of test driving

with the hopes of coming home by saturday this week with 4 new vehicles.... any guesses as to the make they most likely will not be? (after 28 yrs of loyalty) .. time for a change...

beg to differ here... my new 05, purchased july 05, only has 4400 miles on it, list 61.500.00 cdn!!!

Somebodies pulling someone's chain- or the used market in Canukistan is wildly different than it is out here.

i went to the local dodge dealer.... stated out right THEY WILL NOT !!!!!! take it on trade as even the whole salers to the usa are not buying these drones, and that they might be stuck with it for months, they only offered 44.200.00 (apparently there is a wee reliability problem)

I'm going to have to call BS here- late model Ford PSD's are going through auction for about wholesale Kelly. Wait until spring, they'll probably be back to the typical $800 to $1000 over Kelly. Wholesalers don't give a damn about your reliability or warranty issues- it's just about buying it, flipping it, and making a buck. I mentioned I've been in the car biz over 30 years, right? Just checking. :)

I will say this- don't let your emotions about this experience color your judgement on your next purchase, whatever it might be. If a dealer sees how frustrated/disgusted you are, they will cheerfully take advantage of that and tear your head off on the next deal.

53,615.25 usd

minus

38,530.86 usd

equals

15084.39 usd

minus

equals

9915.61 tax

So your telling me your sales tax is almost 20%!! Why in the hell do you live in Canada?? Is the health care all that great! I know I could buy some dang good coverage in the US if I took 20% of everything i made!

Silly candadian, got ripped off at the dealer and by his gov and wants to blame Ford!

beg to differ here... my new 05, purchased July 05, only has 4400 miles on it, list 61.500.00 cdn!!!

.... has got a whopping trade in value at the same dealer of only 40.900 cdn as of yesterday. hmmm retaining value???

Hmmm....

C$61,500 times .8585 (exchange rate; Wall St. Journal) = $52,798 (US). You paid $52.8 (US) for a '05 truck during the employee pricing program? It listed for $C61K? I've got some Pacific coast line property for sale in Georgia. Interested?

C$40,900 X .8585 = $35,113 (US) That sounds about right for a trade in value in Georgia on a used fully loaded diesel dually 2005 SD. If it were mine, I'd sell it for more in less than a week to construction people. There is a huge demand for that type of truck in the south. Contractors need them badly with all the construction going on (esp. east of me in Mississippi and the New Orleans area).

Now I know what all those owners of Canadian tagged vehicles do for a living that I see headed through GA to Florida for the winter. They are car/truck dealers!

How much are new Mustangs? $50K?

list 61.500 paid 52.900, (20k fifth hitch 7 way power slider, and air ride, 3700 installed) NOT A PLAN purchase.., plus frieght pdi and yes 15% tax... @ 40.900 it hits home hard, since its MY after tax dollars that paid for this turkey, wife`s pissed big time at me for buying another ford, my last 03 350 cc, v 10 was a night mare farworse than this one, but soon to be resolved. After argueing very unsuccessfully with thwe service rep from oakville again, giving up trading it in... talking with a dealer and hopefully doing a 4 used for 4 new deal. Full acknowledgement from this rep as to my vehicles problems, but un able and un willing to resovle or repair, i`ve had enough. too bad been a blue oval customer for a long time... we have tried to support the made in america/ canada label for sometime. especially my employeer. but this has to be by far the most frustrating time i have ever had with an automobile and a ford dealer rep. the local dealer has BENT OVER BACKWARDS to assist me. i am NOT the only customer with diesel problems. they see the same things daily and yet are virtually power less to repair what they can`t see, or repair what the reps will not authorize. to a point, i feel THEIR frustration. but AS THE CUSTOMER i expect quality and RELIABILITY out a vehicle that costs this much..

The 2007 SD will be the same style as what we at KTP are building now. The new design will start production in Jan of 2007 and will be considered the 2008 model. I was told that the availability of a newly formulated diesel fuel that the 6.4L would run more efficiently on is what has pushed the production back. The oil companies were not able to get this to market in order for the 6.4L to launch in Oct of 2006 for the 2007MY.

This info was from some engineers at KTP and is probably subject to change.

does it look anything like that ugly concept?

The concept is not that bad if it was toned down a bit. I hope they do drop a different looking cab on the SD's than the one that is on the current model and the test mules that have been spotted. I like the Brinks truck look where there is less window and more door, kinda like the 300M.

I really hope they have at least an option for hydraulic launch assist. HLA would make towing heavy trailers in city driving really easy, fun, and it would save tons of fuel and brakes. Plus HLA could take seconds off the 0-60 time. The 2004's were quick. The 05's and newer seem heavy and slow.

The 250's should have the current coil setup in the 4x4 front axle

The 350's should have the 99-04 leaf setup in the 4x4 front axle

There should be a rear axle air ride option - it's worth at least $1000 as an option and it should be profitable.

could you get some secret pics with a spy camera( there the size of a thumbnail) then upload em somehow??

I really wanna see it.

All the units that were built at KTP have been taken to Michigan for test purposes. There are not any here to see. Plus with the new rules about zero camera phones allowed in the plant, I don't want to be the one sneaking a picture.

All the units that were built at KTP have been taken to Michigan for test purposes. There are not any here to see. Plus with the new rules about zero camera phones allowed in the plant, I don't want to be the one sneaking a picture.

Any signs of air ride suspensions? Is the frame, axles, etc pretty close to that of the 2005's & 06's? Any hint of a 6 speed auto?