MKT Personalization

GT_IE

Yeah, you know, I had moved on just as you asked before. But then, the very first person who came into the thread after that point immediately takes a shot from AKirby (see post #27). Why he can't stay out of this thread and leave the conversation to people who actually want to discuss my customizations I can't understand. If he wants to continue trolling my thread and insulting people who enjoy personalizing their vehicles to their own tastes, then maybe you should just ban him from the forum.

I'd like this thread to go on, discussing customizations of my, and other's, MKT. Why he can't respect that is beyond me.

The facts are indisputable, but he chooses to maintain a willful blindness to fact and reason and interject in the thread with nothing truthful nor positive. Take it up with him.

Yes, the facts are indisputable - it's illegal and it's not safe.

Hey Nick - why don't you just delete all these comments and let the original posts stand so people can ooh and aah over the mods. I really don't care any more.

Yes, the facts are indisputable - it's illegal

How can you possibly believe that? There is absolutely no evidence that it is true and I've shown a lot of evidence that it is untrue. You are either incredibly stupid or incredibly stubborn. To be perfectly honest, I've seen evidence in other threads that probably aren't incredibly stupid. If that is the case, then you may well be the most stubborn, pig-headed person I've ever encountered. You seem to have some serious, serious issues with admitting you are wrong.

OK, I'm done debating it here, the topic of tail light tint warrants a thread of it's very own. I'll be creating threads on a variety of forums, with Polls where allowed, and present both sides of the argument and let people weigh in on which side they believe. I'll be laying out my case, compiled from facts in this thread and I'll put AKirby's case in their too. So, Akirby, you have one last chance to lay out your reasoning for why it is illegal. I will PM you as well so you can put you can post your reasoning here or respond via PM.

In the likely event that there is no further response from Akirby, I will be using a compilation of his reasoning as compiled from this thread. His points are as follows:

Point 1:

They may be state legal but they're not DOT legal. And there's a reason for that.

Point 2:

here is the GA LAW that makes it illegal.

Georgia State Code 40-8-23

(e) All lenses on taillights shall be maintained in good repair and shall meet manufacturers' specifications.

So it's ILLEGAL

Point 3

In response to an opinion from an attorney on the matter stating "Oh, you need to look at the mfgs specs for brightness then see if tinting will take it below minimum"

Funny thing about attorneys. On average they're wrong half the time.

Point 4:

I say it's illegal

Point 5:

Thousands of drivers get tickets for tinted tail lights every year. If they don't come that way from the factory then they're illegal. Period.

Point 6:

Because they're not illegal if they're provided by the mfr and they've been certified to meet DOT standards. The mfrs are not allowed to use anything that doesn't meet DOT standards.

When you do the modification yourself, you're not going through the DOT certification so you can't be sure if they meet specs or not, therefore modifying them is illegal.

Point 7:

the facts are indisputable - it's illegal