10% of Profit of their profit sharing to help fund VEBA?

uawfactoryrat

I agree...this is BULLSHIT!!! The VEBA was to be funded for years to come. Makes you wonder what going on at the top of the IUAW that's in charge of this. Sounds like possible wrong-doings if they are all ready asking for help. If this even flies, we should be able to write off this money from our taxes.

Folks might want to start looking at the retirement funds of the teamsters and other union who took over retirement benefits. How many brothers, uncles, daughterss, sons and ex-wives are now working to administer the program.

Die....I planned on retiring from the day I hired in.....My retirement was supposed to have health benefits equal to what i had when i was working for 32 years....after I and about 60000 others retired, the UNION ( you and I ) decided that the benefit level would be decreased significantly....maybe if we have this provision in our new contract, the UNION ( you and I ) could provide the benefit level that was promised us when we retired....don't you want to help your UNION? How much would you be making without our union? You must be on the low end of the totem pole if you can't see the value of this provision.

That is exactly why I say No to giving up 10% of my profit sharing, because the union will promise us the world until something goes wrong, and then it will just get used for something stupid

That is exactly why I say No to giving up 10% of my profit sharing, because the union will promise us the world until something goes wrong, and then it will just get used for something stupid

What do you suggest the retirees do about the promises that the company made...and the union accepted...but as soon as the union got control, our benefits were reduced?....The union would not have allowed this if the company was still calling the shots on retirement benefits...but now it is OK?

• Like 3

If Ford mirrors GMs contract,Skilled Trades guys are getting an extra $75,000 to retire.They can make a larger co-pay."The guys who got us to where we are today" are dead and buried.I have worked only with guys who comply fully and totally with whatever the company says to do.Anyways 10% is too much!Call it what it is 10% less profit sharing and more funding for VEBA.Dont blow sunshine up my rear end!The pie is only so big.One day you guys will wake up and realize that the UAW is all about picking winners and losers meaning what you want to try and do is keep that guy working next to you from eating your lunch for ya!Dog eat dog!10% of profit sharing goes to VEBA-then say what it really is!!!!!10% less profit sharing and additional funding for VEBA!You want to add to funds for retirees VEBA then say it!Dont try to count a dollar twice!

Edited by Fatso

Hey Fatso...I don't want to sound like an ass...but you started it....How good would your job be with NO profit sharing?...bad enough for you to quit? You make good or great money per hour without profit sharing...the guys that are now retired are the ones who got profit sharing negotiated in the first place...talk about not supporting the people who got it for you...you 're obviously one of those greedy bastards I keep reading about on here...What do you think the union is trying to sugar coat?...they said 10% of profit sharing to VEBA...where is your confusion?

Hey Fatso...I don't want to sound like an ass...but you started it....How good would your job be with NO profit sharing?...bad enough for you to quit? You make good or great money per hour without profit sharing...the guys that are now retired are the ones who got profit sharing negotiated in the first place...talk about not supporting the people who got it for you...you 're obviously one of those greedy bastards I keep reading about on here...What do you think the union is trying to sugar coat?...they said 10% of profit sharing to VEBA...where is your confusion?

Whichever way it goes is fine for me, and I am retired. But what I do want to know is this---------->Why are people upset about 10 percent of their profit sharing.....if they get a profit sharing to support their own retirees..........yet support a possible 4% hike in total federal income taxes to support Obamacare for everyone that will be worse for all involved as far as medical care, and most of their money will go to nobody who has done anything for you?

Seems to me to be kind of counter intuitive, but then again, someone isn't actually counting what the actual numbers are, they are only listening in one ear, and nothing stops for an instant before it goes out the other one.

May I suggest before you get incensed just about veba, you look at your cost for national healthcare, the amount of benefits, and what it is going to cost you.

Of course, maybe Ford has gotten a waiver like many other businesses. I personally do not know. But.........if you have a what is called a CADDILLAC policy, you have to pay under the rules, and it isn't going to be cheap.

What I am basically saying is---------->sometimes, what the union says, and what the company says, is NOT the total picture. They both can throw their arms up in the air and claim ignorance, while you get fleeced.

I am sure one of you passionate posters can figure out the numbers depending upon the outcome of the outside forces that will affect all of you but has nothing to do with your contract, so I will look back here to see when the graph arrives from that person. (s) It may surprise you who is fleecing whom!