Question about using X-Plan

I emailed my local dealer and asked if they would let me order a 2012 F150 using X-Plan. He said he would be pleased to do so, but asked me how I qualified for the X-Plan. I don't want to screw this up and answer this incorrectly. How should I answer? Any and all help would be greatly appreciated!

Your dealer simply needs to know which X-Plan program you qualify under and receive proof of eligibility:

(1) Partner Recognition: Employee/Member - the dealership must retain a copy of proof of employment or membership from the eligible company or organization. Any one of the following: a pay stub, company ID badge, healthcare card or W-2, print out from www.theworknumber.com or a valid member card (30-day membership requirement for EAA members). Household - driver's license as verification of the same household as the sponsor, plus proof of sponsor employment or membership as noted above.

Business - Proof of Business Ownership as noted below, plus proof of residence and sponsor employment or membership as noted above.

(2) Friends & Neighbors - no proof of eligibility required. Business - Proof of Business Ownership as noted below.

Proof of Business Ownership Documents - Dealers are required to verify customer eligibility & retain a copy of at least ONE of the following acceptable proofs of eligibility in the sales jacket:

Business License (not occupational license)

Copies of "DBA" or assumed name documentation

Articles of Incorporation

Business Incorporation Documents

Sales Tax License

Commercial General Liability Insurance Policy/Public Liability Insurance Policy and/or Workman's Compensation Insurance Policy

State or Federal forms showing a Federal I.D. Number

Verifiable D&B Listing (linking owner name to business name)

FIN Code is only proof required for customers who have a FIN code

Individual state authorized business / corporate websites, e.g. Sunbiz in Florida

Note: Business Cards, letterhead, invoices and Business phone listings from Yellow Page Advertisement are NOT acceptable proof of commercial customer eligibility.

Note: Evidence of a listed individual's name in specific profession is NOT an acceptable proof of business.

If you are employed by an X-Plan partner you can generate your PIN at www.fordpartner.com .

That is correct; you'll simply need to provide your dealer with the PIN and the last 4 digits of your social security number so they can validate and lock in the PIN. Enjoy your new 2012 F150; our dealership is located in the upper Midwest (Twin Cities region) and interest in the 2011/2012 F150's has been great.

curious...whats on the shopping list?....

Seriously considering a 2012 F150 Lariat 4x4 EcoBoost all loaded up w/a 6.5 Bed. The big gas tank and the ability to two 4 wheels down is what's getting me. If all goes right, maybe I'll have my new truck by Thanksgiving.

That is correct; you'll simply need to provide your dealer with the PIN and the last 4 digits of your social security number so they can validate and lock in the PIN. Enjoy your new 2012 F150; our dealership is located in the upper Midwest (Twin Cities region) and interest in the 2011/2012 F150's has been great.

Thanks again for the info! I was born is St. Paul, what dealer are you with? I've had lots of family & friends buy vehicles from Tousley Ford over the years. When's Frazier going to bench McNabb already?

Edited by NLPRacing

NLPRacing -- My family has a very small Ford dealership in SE South Dakota. I lived in the Twin Cities for a number of years including 4 in St Paul (Summit Ave/Chatsworth St for 2 years and then Grand Ave/Dale St for the next 2 years). Tousley is the largest Ford dealer in the Twin Cities region and is now an AutoNation store. The Vikings should simply concede this season and claim the Andrew Luck sweepstakes and rebuild around him (maybe he will turn out to be as good as Rodgers or Stafford). Don't get me started on the Twins or Timberwolves.

I'd like to chime in here and ask another couple of X-PLAN questions. We're getting ready to replace the 2003 Escape--likely with another Escape--and if X-PLAN can get the price low enough, maybe we'll get new instead of used. As a stock owner, I've requested the form for the X-PLAN PIN.

So, my questions. . .

2. It says you only get 1 PIN per year--is there an expiration on an X-PLAN PIN?
  3. The form asks what vehicle you're interested in--is the PIN tied to a specific vehicle?

Thanks!

I'd like to chime in here and ask another couple of X-PLAN questions. We're getting ready to replace the 2003 Escape--likely with another Escape--and if X-PLAN can get the price low enough, maybe we'll get new instead of used. As a stock owner, I've requested the form for the X-PLAN PIN.

So, my questions. . .

2. It says you only get 1 PIN per year--is there an expiration on an X-PLAN PIN?
  3. The form asks what vehicle you're interested in--is the PIN tied to a specific vehicle?

Thanks!

12 months from the issue date.

No.