Ford/UAW-js facts

swhoosier

I’m a firm believer in the UAW and what it stands for!! I’m also a firm believer that the contract the UAW has agreed on is a joke. Job security is based on the market and the economy. The job security commitment is just that. The 5,700 plus new jobs are mainly to retain UAW jobs. 1st example –when Minnesota closes and other plants close (stamping, engine, .etc. that is not in the brief outline that you will get) these people can only transfer if there is an opening at another facility. Will there be any because of the 2-tier wage workers hired which will start to happen left and right. Also those who have been at Ford longer than five years know that if the UAW and Ford say they created thousands of jobs, this is hardly true. I’ve been at Ford for 19yrs and have heard this same song and dance. Ford and the UAW promise us tens of thousands of jobs and Ford always used there many loopholes not to hire or create jobs. Then we here so many excuses from UAW why the job commitments didn’t happen. Are you going to fall for this again? Job security hmmm we all know it takes Ford at least 3yrs to make a product or a decision where its going to be built. So ask yourself why and how they can make a decision on job security within months after the contract would be voted yes on. Is it because they already made their decision prior to the contract talks? For the most part why is there only 6.3 billion out of 16.3 billion going to be invested in the U.S. ford is not going to honor the job commitments like in the past. Like in the past, the UAW is going to do nothing about it! To the idiots that will respond I’m voting yes because I want to help the company and thank god that you have a job, here is what I have too say; ford hardly honors the contract between Ford and the UAW. Fact there are tens of thousands of grievances against Ford not even including the master grievance…grievances mean Ford has violated the contract. To the idiots who are crying about jobs do you really believe Ford will honor the contract.

The bonuses are a smack in the face!!!! We the union gave up over $30,000+ in concessions to help the company. The UAW convinced us to do so!! The company decisions got Ford in trouble and we had to pay for it. The Ford and UAW said it saved the company $500 to $600 million a year. Hmmm the bonuses that the glass house and the stupidvisors got were around $500 to $600 million. We deserve more money, if Alan Mulally got over $98 million in bonuses and stock options we should get some of our concessions back. A $6,ooo signing bonus is a disgrace

The ironic thing is the new jobs that were created,(lol)- take the number that they say and cut it down more than half after the jobs have been retained!! The 2-tier workers before they got a job at Ford said that we were a bunch of whiners and they would work for 12 to 14 dollars an hour and be thankful-then they cried. I only make half of your wages and do the same job and now we vote on giving them a raise!!!! When the retirees are replaced by new hires, the same hypocrites that said we were overpaid and lazy are going to apply at Ford. We are going to vote yes for them and now we are going to vote yes and get nothing for ourselves. Way to go UAW. I’m a firm believer that the UAW is like the government they don’t listen to the people.

• Like 2

I’m a firm believer in the UAW and what it stands for!! I’m also a firm believer that the contract the UAW has agreed on is a joke. Job security is based on the market and the economy. The job security commitment is just that. The 5,700 plus new jobs are mainly to retain UAW jobs. 1st example –when Minnesota closes and other plants close (stamping, engine, .etc. that is not in the brief outline that you will get) these people can only transfer if there is an opening at another facility. Will there be any because of the 2-tier wage workers hired which will start to happen left and right. Also those who have been at Ford longer than five years know that if the UAW and Ford say they created thousands of jobs, this is hardly true. I’ve been at Ford for 19yrs and have heard this same song and dance. Ford and the UAW promise us tens of thousands of jobs and Ford always used there many loopholes not to hire or create jobs. Then we here so many excuses from UAW why the job commitments didn’t happen. Are you going to fall for this again? Job security hmmm we all know it takes Ford at least 3yrs to make a product or a decision where its going to be built. So ask yourself why and how they can make a decision on job security within months after the contract would be voted yes on. Is it because they already made their decision prior to the contract talks? For the most part why is there only 6.3 billion out of 16.3 billion going to be invested in the U.S. ford is not going to honor the job commitments like in the past. Like in the past, the UAW is going to do nothing about it! To the idiots that will respond I’m voting yes because I want to help the company and thank god that you have a job, here is what I have too say; ford hardly honors the contract between Ford and the UAW. Fact there are tens of thousands of grievances against Ford not even including the master grievance…grievances mean Ford has violated the contract. To the idiots who are crying about jobs do you really believe Ford will honor the contract.

The bonuses are a smack in the face!!!! We the union gave up over $30,000+ in concessions to help the company. The UAW convinced us to do so!! The company decisions got Ford in trouble and we had to pay for it. The Ford and UAW said it saved the company $500 to $600 million a year. Hmmm the bonuses that the glass house and the stupidvisors got were around $500 to $600 million. We deserve more money, if Alan Mulally got over $98 million in bonuses and stock options we should get some of our concessions back. A $6,ooo signing bonus is a disgrace

The ironic thing is the new jobs that were created,(lol)- take the number that they say and cut it down more than half after the jobs have been retained!! The 2-tier workers before they got a job at Ford said that we were a bunch of whiners and they would work for 12 to 14 dollars an hour and be thankful-then they cried. I only make half of your wages and do the same job and now we vote on giving them a raise!!!! When the retirees are replaced by new hires, the same hypocrites that said we were overpaid and lazy are going to apply at Ford. We are going to vote yes for them and now we are going to vote yes and get nothing for ourselves. Way to go UAW. I’m a firm believer that the UAW is like the government they don’t listen to the people.

They honor the contract if they want to, they open the contract when they want to. Billion$ of profit per quarter and we get 3600 after taxes COME ON MAN

• Like 2

I love this site, but it is hard to tell who is or is not a UAw member. I would like to think that UAW workers are much smarter than this. What is more upsetting is that I am wrong a I could work next to some dumb ass like you! SCARY! :sandbox:

• Like 1

How many jobs will actually be created or added? You have a lot of skilled trade people that now will probably take the option to leave because of the $100,000 incentive. It has been a while since they offered that lump sum and most people probably didn't have quite the years, fast forward to 2011 and now they will more than likely leave. Again stagnant wages for the veteran workers at the plants, 6 years now and another 4 added on. I'm surprised that more people are not upset by this alone.

• Like 2

I love this site, but it is hard to tell who is or is not a UAw member. I would like to think that UAW workers are much smarter than this. What is more upsetting is that I am wrong a I could work next to some dumb ass like you! SCARY! :sandbox:

Paging Captain Underpants, I mean 723, after this contract finishes, you will have officially not seen any increase in your wages for an entire decade (or 10 years) however you want it justified. 10 years!!! What company has ever been able not to give their employees (veteran employees at that) a single raise in 10 years??? Would Allen M. work for a company which has made a profit have his salary remain stagnant?? Would Bob King, Jimmy Settles, or others say it was o..k. to keep the most loyal veteran employees wages stagnant this long? This is exactly why 2nd tier does not benefit the membership in general. We'll raise the 2nd tier and the balance has now shifted because the 2nd tier want a raise and will automatically vote yes while the veteran workers still remain with the same wages and remain pissed. Justify the money, the $250 is more than half than the xmas bonus returned. The $1500 might be some of the performance bonus spread out over the life of the contract but less, way less. I still find loopholes and wordy language in the profit sharing. $6,000 settlement bonus, well just divide that into 4, will ya (after taxes) about $1,000=$1200/ per year (half of COLA).

What we do love, HEALTH CARE BENEFITS but for the retirees (veterans) as well.

your another dass that is for the company,,,you cannot read between the lines or even to see the facts

Facts, The 2007 Collective Bargaining Agreement between Ford Motor Company and the UAW included the following

Unpublished letter 18U titled Plant Closing and Sale Moratorium Exceptions dated 11-2-07

The closure or sale of;

Atlanta Assembly Plant

Bativia

Clevland Casting Plant

Maumee Stamping Plant

Norfolk Assembly Plant

St. Louis Assembly Plant

Twin Cities Assembly Plant

Wixom Assembly Plant

As well as small issues such as;

Entry Level "tiered employees"

VEBA became official and underfunded

Further consolidation of Trade Classifications

With a 3,000 signing bonus

March 2009 mods brought us;

Loss of Cola

tiered SUB/TAP - loss of JSP

10 minutes of break time loss

loss of pay in lieu

loss of Christmas bonus

loss of bye- yearly performance bonus that were in lieu of a pay increase from the 2007 contract

No OT until 40 compensated hours reached

VEBA funding with stock notes instead of cash

Loss of day after Easter holiday

Both agreements passed

But there are issues with this current tentative agreement ?

I understand there will always be lowlights of an agreement but I really do not see with the current tentative agreement how the lowlights outweigh the highlights. Just do not try and come back in two years to try and change this agreement if ratified.

Edited by lquidspine

Facts, The 2007 Collective Bargaining Agreement between Ford Motor Company and the UAW included the following

Unpublished letter 18U titled Plant Closing and Sale Moratorium Exceptions dated 11-2-07

The closure or sale of;

Atlanta Assembly Plant

Bativia

Clevland Casting Plant

Maumee Stamping Plant

Norfolk Assembly Plant

St. Louis Assembly Plant

Wixom Assembly Plant

Loss of Cola

loss of pay in lieu

loss of Christmas bonus

loss of bye- yearly performance bonus that were in lieu of a pay increase from the 2007 contract

Both agreements passed

I understand there will always be lowlights of an agreement but I really do not see with the current tentative agreement how the lowlights outweigh the highlights. Just do not try and come back in two years to try and change this agreement if ratified.

AGREE!

The closure or sale of;

Atlanta Assembly Plant

Bativia

Clevland Casting Plant

Maumee Stamping Plant

Norfolk Assembly Plant

St. Louis Assembly Plant

Wixom Assembly Plant

Loss of Cola

loss of pay in lieu

loss of Christmas bonus

Both agreements passed

this proved my point

Liquid...and others.

I think the fact that the 2009 changes carry with them the title "mods" is what irks many. Even just throwing us the day after Easter and the Christmas (Holiday shutdown) bonus, would have been at least a bit of good will. It is as if the Union and company did not even try to throw a bit of water on the flames that sprung up with the white collar reinstatements of raises and 401k matching along with our CEO's rather insulting bonus.

Those mods becoming permanent are a big reason I am on the no side of this issue along with some of the more burried content.

Edited by Dadzee