Feels Good!

Die Wahrheit

AAI will become Ford premiere assy plant with over 6000 employees. Product up the YZOO! FUsions, FOcus, Lincolns and Mustangs oh my! This is good news. Thank you Bobby King and the UAW, job well done. Feels good being a UAW member....

I seem to recall someone slamming me for speculating on getting a new Lincoln, overflow Focus and possible Fusion production. I don't care if I'm wrong on things, but I'm very happy that I was right and our workers at AAI still have a future. I knew we were getting new product, but not to the extent of what we might now get. Our jobs are only as good as the products we have to make, and while some workers will never be happy about lost concessions or the contract, we are BLESSED to have this new opportunity. Hopefully we win the EOS grievance and get money for our lost concessions, but some of those things will never come back, and we need to move forward with our future.

• Like 1

AAI will become Ford premiere assy plant with over 6000 employees. Product up the YZOO! FUsions, FOcus, Lincolns and Mustangs oh my! This is good news. Thank you Bobby King and the UAW, job well done. Feels good being a UAW member....

If King and the UAW can dictate to the company to bring product back, couldn't they have done it without selling out future workers at poverty level wages? What does SOLIDARITY mean anymore? An "at least I got mine" attitude"?

• Like 1

If King and the UAW can dictate to the company to bring product back, couldn't they have done it without selling out future workers at poverty level wages? What does SOLIDARITY mean anymore? An "at least I got mine" attitude"?

People WAKE UP...Ford nor any other large corporation makes product commitments in a matter of the 2 months of negotiations. Those plans take MONTHS to look at and go thru the various multitude of manegement levels and economic tests requierd to get approved. This tells me that these so called GAINS by the IUAW are total BS...they were happening no matter what.. Bobby didn't make SHIT happen...other than to break the VEBA so we have to put more into it after being promised that it would last 80 years at the funding origanally slated for it.

Give credit where its due...FORD wants product in those places for purely economic gains No company would do things any other way ...Not saying thats a bad thing...its a very good thing...but Bobby boy DID NOT make it happen

• Like 1

Does not feel quite as warm and fuzzy here at TCAP.

• Like 1

I seem to recall someone slamming me for speculating on getting a new Lincoln, overflow Focus and possible Fusion production. I don't care if I'm wrong on things, but I'm very happy that I was right and our workers at AAI still have a future. I knew we were getting new product, but not to the extent of what we might now get. Our jobs are only as good as the products we have to make, and while some workers will never be happy about lost concessions or the contract, we are BLESSED to have this new opportunity. Hopefully we win the EOS grievance and get money for our lost concessions, but some of those things will never come back, and we need to move forward with our future.

Maybe you can make some more predictions. It is a great day for the membership at AAI. Congratulations!

Congrats.

You now have a bright future at AAI. 3 shifts coming before you know it.

Does not feel quite as warm and fuzzy here at TCAP.

and we at Walton Hills will soon know exactly how you feel. me and a few others got sent up to Lorain Assembly back in summer of 2004, to work till the end of 2005 when they closed the doors. Going from a stamping plant to an assembly plant was an eye opener to say the least. But i tell you what, i worked with some of the finest people i have ever known, And they worked right up till the last day like the place wasnt closing, the drive sucked, but it was impressive to see that place close with so many proud workers, and i cryed like a baby wheni got in my truck to leave that parking lot, I hate the thought of doing this again but it is what it is for us, so best of luck to you at TCAP......hopefully we'll all wind up with a new home somewhere........

How long has Ford been building Fusions ? I can't see them needing them bad enough to pay our blended wage of about 22 dollars when they can pay mexicans what 7 bucks . First time there is a slow down in sales good bye .

AAI will be the premier facility bypassing DTP.

Hard to imagine DTP has been open for almost 10 years

I wonder if Mazda could build the 3 at AAI or if they are going to completely relenquish ownership.

I also wonder who the stapming plant will be for AAI. I know AAI's stamping plant could not produce all the different parts for all those cars. Woodhaven may come into the pciture, unless Ford would ship the Fusion stampings in from Mexico- something that may be more costly than casting two sets of dies.

Edited by Footballfan