Autoworkers babies?

DTP Nick

How embarrasing is it that some are whining and want raises etc when the economy and autoindustry are still basically dealing with a depression/recession?? How many other professions(teachers etc) would kill to have a contract like this with huge bonuses etc? Why the sense of entitlement? Do we at Ford deserve so much more than GM or the other automakers? Why do we deserve more? No wonder people have shitty attitudes about autoworkers

• Like 4

How embarrasing is it that some are whining and want raises etc when the economy and autoindustry are still basically dealing with a depression/recession?? How many other professions(teachers etc) would kill to have a contract like this with huge bonuses etc? Why the sense of entitlement? Do we at Ford deserve so much more than GM or the other automakers? Why do we deserve more? No wonder people have shitty attitudes about autoworkers

I've said it before and i'll say it again, public opinion of autoworkers will never change no matter what we do short of taking a pay cut down to minimum wage and paying for health insurance.

• Like 2

It's easy to pass judgement on something you know nothing about,point is do you remember what happened when we voted down the opening of the contract in Oct.09 The very next day Ford post a huge profit.How stupid would we have looked if we would have voted to take more concessions.Just a little reminder of what kind of company and LEADERSHIP we are dealing with.Think about it!!!!!

• Like 2

Whats embarrasing is to have someone like you who thinks this is all about just money. Its about much more than that. Its about equal pay for equal work. Its about treating retirees right. its about the company waving the same old tired carrot of job promised that are not followed up.Its about real inflation protection called cola. Its about an international union in bed with the company. Its about voting no and sending our representatives back to the table..

• Like 2

Whats embarrasing is to have someone like you who thinks this is all about just money. Its about much more than that. Its about equal pay for equal work. Its about treating retirees right. its about the company waving the same old tired carrot of job promised that are not followed up.Its about real inflation protection called cola. Its about an international union in bed with the company. Its about voting no and sending our representatives back to the table..

QFT

how much is an f-150? how much is mulally's salary? entry level workers get a $3.50 hr. raise! if workers thought like you back in the day you would not have a job..... then whining i hear is you!

• Like 1

People's opinions about us are only going to get worse with all the bad publicity from turning down the contract. It seems the only folks who don't realize Ford avoided bankruptcy only by borrowing money before the economy tanked are in the UAW. Don't think for a moment that some people's buying decisions aren't influenced by their feelings about union labor. Ford enjoyed a boost in sales because they didn't take a bailout. Even forcing the company back to the bargaining table without a strike risks losing all that goodwill.Is it worth it? I don't know. I do know there seems to be a lot of name calling and profanity on these forums lately. Isn't it possible to offer different opinions without attacking one another? I just read a post where someone called anyone who disagreed a spineless whimp(sic) and then went on to call for solidarity. Just because it's the members forum doesn't mean others don't read it. Don't care what others think about us? Go ahead and curse and rant, but don't act surprised when prospective customers buy Hondas or Toyotas after reading these forums. I think a "no" vote is a bad idea , but anyone is welcome to disagree with me. Let's keep it civil...if possible.

• Like 3

People's opinions about us are only going to get worse with all the bad publicity from turning down the contract. It seems the only folks who don't realize Ford avoided bankruptcy only by borrowing money before the economy tanked are in the UAW. Don't think for a moment that some people's buying decisions aren't influenced by their feelings about union labor. Ford enjoyed a boost in sales because they didn't take a bailout. Even forcing the company back to the bargaining table without a strike risks losing all that goodwill.Is it worth it? I don't know. I do know there seems to be a lot of name calling and profanity on these forums lately. Isn't it possible to offer different opinions without attacking one another? I just read a post where someone called anyone who disagreed a spineless whimp(sic) and then went on to call for solidarity. Just because it's the members forum doesn't mean others don't read it. Don't care what others think about us? Go ahead and curse and rant, but don't act surprised when prospective customers buy Hondas or Toyotas after reading these forums. I think a "no" vote is a bad idea , but anyone is welcome to disagree with me. Let's keep it civil...if possible.

maybe the public would be interested in what the top 10 salary people make at ford, mulally? maybe they want to see the profit on an f-150? maybe they want to know why low tier workers get $3.50 hr raise? or what all the salary people got back? whats going to stop the company from opening the contract again and taking away more, surely our uaw will allow this, they have in the past. you know taking a stand for what is right is NEVER easy! it's not only for us now it's for future generations!

• Like 3

Well said!! I have to wonder if the no voters have thought about the negative publicity this will bring to Ford Motor Co.??? All of those sales gains and new customers that were won from not taking government money will be lost!! Any gains made from striking will be lost in profit sharing!! What simple minded fools!!!

• Like 3

maybe the public would be interested in what the top 10 salary people make at ford, mulally? maybe they want to see the profit on an f-150? maybe they want to know why low tier workers get $3.50 hr raise? or what all the salary people got back? whats going to stop the company from opening the contract again and taking away more, surely our uaw will allow this, they have in the past. you know taking a stand for what is right is NEVER easy! it's not only for us now it's for future generations!

By and large the public doesn't resent Mulally more than any other millionaire. They care about the markup on the F-150 in terms of monthly payments rather than whether we're entitled to more of it. Every time Ford hires lower tier workers there are literally hundreds of people standing in line for applications, so that's not going to generate any sympathy for the UAW. What's to stop the Company from opening up any new contract they might agree to if they are forced back to the table? I wish I were amongst those who felt going back to the table would give workers a better deal. My thought is that whatever they give you in one area will be taken back in another.In four years there is a very good chance Ford's balance sheet will look a lot different. You can be assured that every time the UAW negotiators pointed out Fords recent profits the guys on the Company side pointed at the billions in remaining debt. It's never a bad idea to stand up for what you believe is right. I'd prefer to do it when the UAW has better leverage.

By and large the public doesn't resent Mulally more than any other millionaire. They care about the markup on the F-150 in terms of monthly payments rather than whether we're entitled to more of it. Every time Ford hires lower tier workers there are literally hundreds of people standing in line for applications, so that's not going to generate any sympathy for the UAW. What's to stop the Company from opening up any new contract they might agree to if they are forced back to the table? I wish I were amongst those who felt going back to the table would give workers a better deal. My thought is that whatever they give you in one area will be taken back in another.In four years there is a very good chance Ford's balance sheet will look a lot different. You can be assured that every time the UAW negotiators pointed out Fords recent profits the guys on the Company side pointed at the billions in remaining debt. It's never a bad idea to stand up for what you believe is right. I'd prefer to do it when the UAW has better leverage.

i agree somewhat. but as a uaw member and in a democrat society i feel that we should be able to vote our own uaw president and not have someone appoint them. maybe things would turn out different.

• Like 1

Public knows, because that information comes out once a year, per SEC guidelines for publicly traded companies. But with the majority of the workforce being both non union and white collar, they just don't care. The majority of the public, in fact, being white collar and non union, see zero connection between executive compensation and your pay.

You have the right to disagree with them, and it may be in your opinion unfair, but that's the way things are, and anyone in sales and marketing, both in Ford and outside of Ford, can tell you that's the truth. In fact, it is not sales and marketing's job to try and undo whatever bad impression you might make, becasue that's actually an impossible task.

how much is an f-150? how much is mulally's salary? entry level workers get a $3.50 hr. raise! if workers thought like you back in the day you would not have a job..... then whining i hear is you!

Why is everyone so fing hung up on Mullalys salary??? Get over it!!!...This is a great contract babies

Edited by DTP Nick
  • Like 1

I've said it before and i'll say it again, public opinion of autoworkers will never change no matter what we do short of taking a pay cut down to minimum wage and paying for health insurance.

[/quote

well said but you forgot to say dtpnick is a asswipe looking to give the company everything we have worked for in the past back for goood ----while they continue to have all their percs and bonuses and stock options

Why is everyone so fing hung up on Mullalys salary??? Get over it!!!...This is a great contract babies

It's not just his salary. If they keep claiming they want to be competitive it's not just our salaries that count. You really think that the top brass can't give up a million or 2 and not live extremely well still while still being nicely compensated? We are ALL a part of Ford not just hourly. I would like to see the top ten execs salaries compared to the transplants & GM & Chrysler. I can almost gauranttee they aren't being competitive in that respect

It's not just his salary. If they keep claiming they want to be competitive it's not just our salaries that count. You really think that the top brass can't give up a million or 2 and not live extremely well still while still being nicely compensated? We are ALL a part of Ford not just hourly. I would like to see the top ten execs salaries compared to the transplants & GM & Chrysler. I can almost gauranttee they aren't being competitive in that respect

They can quit right now and live happily ever after. Can the majority of blue collar workers do that too?

They can quit right now and live happily ever after. Can the majority of blue collar workers do that too?

That's what I'm saying they make more in a year than most of us will ever see in a life time. But it's hourly's fault that cars & trucks are so expensive. We are just the scapegoat so they can make millions plus they probably make more in a month than most of us make all year. I thought we were suppose to be One Ford anyways… End of rant

could you? get back to work and quit using the computer at your desk on company time.

No I can not quit and find a job making nearly as much. I work on C crew at DTP and today is one of my days off. Please stop with the childish dumb comebacks you are only hurting your NO voting reputation. If any one of you people are reading this are unsure of how you should vote just read this guys posts. He thinks he is funny. Well he is in a Beevis and Butthead kind of way. ( MTV series featuring two heavy metal high school losers, making fun off everything that they did not agree with.) Is this the kind of person that you should listen to for a little vote deciding wisdom? Not all of the NO voters are pure dumbasses but all of the pure dumbasses are NO voters. THE RISKS OUTWEIGH THE REWARDS BY VOTING NO.

• Like 2