No Unemployment or Food Stamps

Machine Man

I spoke with someone at Michigan Works! the unemployment agency in our state. If we vote this down and go on strike, we are voluntarily giving up work and were not forced out of work. So, we WONT get UNEMPLOYMENT or FOOD STAMPS. None period. For those of you who have this strange idea about "pride." I see the "pride" of unemployed homeless people in Detroit everyday. They pick through garbage cans for food daily. If we vote this down, they will have a lot of competition.

• Like 5

I spoke with someone at Michigan Works! the unemployment agency in our state. If we vote this down and go on strike, we are voluntarily giving up work and were not forced out of work. So, we WONT get UNEMPLOYMENT or FOOD STAMPS. None period. For those of you who have this strange idea about "pride." I see the "pride" of unemployed homeless people in Detroit everyday. They pick through garbage cans for food daily. If we vote this down, they will have a lot of competition.

You are correct about unemployment. It would be considered a "voluntary termination" which disqualifies you for benefits. Since food stamps are a federal program (not state) that is based on income and assets, it all depends on your assets (Good one, Snyder) to determine eligibility for those. Income is a no-brainer - $200/week is WELL below minimum wage and would instantly qualify, but since the assets test was put in place, it may not be looking good.

• Like 3

This will put a strain on the food banks and soup kitchens with 40,000 UAW workers on strike

• Like 1

You are correct about unemployment. It would be considered a "voluntary termination" which disqualifies you for benefits. Since food stamps are a federal program (not state) that is based on income and assets, it all depends on your assets (Good one, Snyder) to determine eligibility for those. Income is a no-brainer - $200/week is WELL below minimum wage and would instantly qualify, but since the assets test was put in place, it may not be looking good.

I think even in Illinois we will be screwed.

• Like 1

maybe now but ask yourselfs in 3 years how will you be when cost of living doubles and our paychecks stay the same????? just a little info what there trying todo to us is called (red circling) im sure mallaly and ford will be laughing all the way to the bank with there millions of dollars of bonus. just to let everybuddy know im not greddy just trying to stay evan with our wages now a few years down the road

I'll spare a dime for you brother since I'm voting no.

This will put a strain on the food banks and soup kitchens with 40,000 UAW workers on strike

I dont know if you are being funny or not but there will be a huge strain on the soup kitchens and needy people if we are locked out

These are some serious scenarios that could play out in a no vote........... most would negatively impact us and put us in a worse position as far as wages employment and job security

This is a good fir agreement, worthy of a yes vote and not worth the risk of a lock out

• Like 2

I dont know if you are being funny or not but there will be a huge strain on the soup kitchens and needy people if we are locked out

These are some serious scenarios that could play out in a no vote........... most would negatively impact us and put us in a worse position as far as wages employment and job security

This is a good fir agreement, worthy of a yes vote and not worth the risk of a lock out

The "no" voters really have their heads up their you know whats. This is not a game, this is our livelihoods they are playing with. If this goes down, great chance of no job.

• Like 3

The "no" voters really have their heads up their you know whats. This is not a game, this is our livelihoods they are playing with. If this goes down, great chance of no job.

No pussies like you have you head up fords ass kissing it trying growing a pair. You must be a IUAW stooge with all the doom and gloom your trying to spread

No pussies like you have you head up fords ass kissing it trying growing a pair. You must be a IUAW stooge with all the doom and gloom your trying to spread

Classic BS from a no voter. LOL. Sorry that you can't deal with what is coming if we vote it down. You probably can retire.

• Like 3

We lose if the no voters win. Strike or lockout here we come with $200 a week in income. Say goodbye to your house, car and eating for awhile.

• Like 3

We are not eligible for unemployment or food stamps if on strike or locked out in Missouri.

http://www.labor.mo.gov/DES/Forms/4713-AI.pdf

We lose if the no voters win. Strike or lockout here we come with $200 a week in income. Say goodbye to your house, car and eating for awhile.

You are right, we are in a lose-lose situation if members vote no. Just the reality of being on strike or locked out.

It is a good agreement. We will love it when we are locked out or on the picket line. Then it will be too late.