Unemployment at 9.1%

just the TRUTH

For those who have not voted yet—here are the unemployment rates in your states:

Michigan—11.2%

Ohio—9.1%

Kentucky—9.5%

Missouri—8.8%

If we go to strike or lockout like the no voters are pushing, you will be making $200 a week. That’s it. You will have to do three shifts of strike duty for the $200. You just don’t get a check. You have to walk the picket line.

With the high rates of unemployment in each state, don’t think you will be able to go out and get a job to supplement the $200 per week. Let’s face it, if you don’t have a second job by now, you are sunk. You will lose your home, car and probably your wife. Voting no will bring us all into a hardship that we may never recover or get our jobs back at the rate of pay and benefits we currently have.

• Like 4

For those who have not voted yet—here are the unemployment rates in your states:

Michigan—11.2%

Ohio—9.1%

Kentucky—9.5%

Missouri—8.8%

If we go to strike or lockout like the no voters are pushing, you will be making $200 a week. That's it. You will have to do three shifts of strike duty for the $200. You just don't get a check. You have to walk the picket line.

With the high rates of unemployment in each state, don't think you will be able to go out and get a job to supplement the $200 per week. Let's face it, if you don't have a second job by now, you are sunk. You will lose your home, car and probably your wife. Voting no will bring us all into a hardship that we may never recover or get our jobs back at the rate of pay and benefits we currently have.

Wallstreet, Bankers, Big Companies, the government and their rich buddies and now the IUAW has trickled the guilt and fear down to the middle class by making people feel bad about the mess THEY got this economy in. All the scare tactics posts refers to things like, look at the economy, the general public will hate us, be glad you have a job, oh, did you see the 17,000 people standing in line in Louisville applying for LAP jobs and the unemployment is 9.1%. On top of all the negatives, Ford and many other companies are stll making record profits in a bad economy. Did IUAW have any ill feelings about the economy when they gave themselves raises after we gave up concessions? I wonder if managements felt bad after they received all their benefits and raises back. All the things we use too have before the concessions, did anyone felt guilty at time as if you were being greedy or you didn't deserved those benefits? I'm not saying that we should get everything back but not to receive anything doesn't make sense to me. If your heart and soul tells you yes than vote yes but mines told me no. I pray for the unemployed, I thank God everyday for my job and I'm also very thankful for the 90 - 91% of the work force that are still employed because without them many of us would be laid off!

Edited by FANTASTICFORD

Michigan—11.2%

Ohio—9.1%

Kentucky—9.5%

Missouri—8.8%

If we go to strike or lockout like the no voters are pushing, you will be making $200 a week. That’s it. You will have to do three shifts of strike duty for the $200. You just don’t get a check. You have to walk the picket line.

With the high rates of unemployment in each state, don’t think you will be able to go out and get a job to supplement the $200 per week. Let’s face it, if you don’t have a second job by now, you are sunk. You will lose your home, car and probably your wife. Voting no will bring us all into a hardship that we may never recover or get our jobs back at the rate of pay and benefits we currently have.

This is good to know. We have high unemployment here. I plan on voting YES and still be employed. Not taking a chance with a strike or lockout. When I compare this contract with having no job, no unemployment or food stamps, it's a no-brainer. It's YES automatically.

• Like 1

Michigan—11.2%

Ohio—9.1%

Kentucky—9.5%

Missouri—8.8%

Clearly a strike or lockout will financially crush most of us within the first 2 weeks. With high unemployment we are at the mercy of the company to return with less than the current agreement we are voting on.

A no vote is not worth the risk of this good agreement

• Like 1

I am voted YES simply because I think its a good contract.I dont care what names or labels the NO voters want to hang on me.You are right,in this economy,be lucky you have a job.Point taken.Also keep in mind that there is a large pool of possible replacement workers {I know all these NO voters are ready for another civil war if that happens,,,,yea right}and public sentiment will not be on our side.Given the state of the economy it is a good contract.If industry wide vehicle sales were 16 million and unemployment was 5% then the UAW has some more leverage.

• Like 1

I am voted YES simply because I think its a good contract.I dont care what names or labels the NO voters want to hang on me.You are right,in this economy,be lucky you have a job.Point taken.Also keep in mind that there is a large pool of possible replacement workers {I know all these NO voters are ready for another civil war if that happens,,,,yea right}and public sentiment will not be on our side.Given the state of the economy it is a good contract.If industry wide vehicle sales were 16 million and unemployment was 5% then the UAW has some more leverage.

Fatso, you should have seen Chicago the day after the vote. People wondering what they just did. Why did we vote no. We just screwed ourselves--not to mention the rest of the membership.

CHI-TOWN I love that city,,I was born there.Hey aint yuz guyz in Chicago heights?Marquette park baby 71st and kedzie back the late 60`s early 70`s,before sensitivity training, oh yeah baby!!!!!!!!!Its where its all at!The cost of living in Chicago is outrageous.If you guys voted No you must of had a reason.Everyone gets one vote,"So long as it Democrat",Mayor Richard J. Daley.Nick and Vito`s pizza,,,I think on Cicero that not far from Midway,,my favorite. , I aint bothering you,you aint the BOSS now,GET OUT OF TOWN!!!!!!keep smilin!

Edited by Fatso

Michigan—11.2%

Ohio—9.1%

Kentucky—9.5%

Missouri—8.8%

Everything favors the company if we vote no. Everything.