A Thank You Card!

Die Wahrheit

Might as well give it up fired. If you disagree with anything he posts at all your just a right wing nut. Notice he ignored the retiree subject whenever he gets called out on it? Preach solidarity while slamming anyone who disagrees. Its quite humorous. He's barely above chuckie status on here anymore.

• Like 4

I wont sign, purely because of grammar errors.

Dear President Obama

Dear Bob KIng

Dear Jimmy Settles

Dear IUAW leaders

Your membership hear at Ford Motor Company would like to show our appreciation for all your hard work in presenting us with the best possible contract imaginable. We all know without your backing Mr. Obama we would not be here today. We are very grateful for all you and our IUAW leaders have done for us. Thanks for your dedication to seeing the middle class is not wiped out by the republicants...Bob King you are a fearless leader and advocate of the middle class and we thank you for battleing your ass off.

Keep up the good fight guys, we here on the battlefield will continue to support you.

P.S. Mr. Obama tell Michele and your wonderful family we all said hello. 4 MORE YEARS!!!.

Signature goes here ________________________________________________

• Like 2

No your the one that hates retirees and can't stomach the fact that 10% of profit sharing goes to veba. That's a sad excuse for a union member and as a human being. Your support solidarity as long as its to your benefit. Solidarity is remembering those before you as well. But you'd rather complain about 10% going to retirees and then give the president kudos for the contract. Please remind us when he sat on in negotiations. Its ok to support the contract, I did as well but don't rub people's nose in it. But back to my original issue with yiu, your hatred and discust for retirees us inexcusable. You will never change our minds on your hypocrisy of preaching solidarity while bitching about retirees. You don't even understand the concept of solidarity.

I believe that the entire issue of Retierees in THIS contract could have been avoided, had our LEADERSHIP, not sold the Veba to us with the statements that is was FULLY FUNDED FOR 80 YEARS...

I don't think any of us are against the retierees...I honestly believe tha the real problem is the lack of trust in our leadership. Many of us are fed up with being LIED to. We are fed up with being told we can't get a raise, and then a few months later, we watch our leadership vote themselves a raise.

I have no problem with the Retierees fund getting the 10%, I have a HUGE problem with the leadership lieing to us about it.

Leadership should lead by example...if its good for me..its good for YOU..and if not, then you aren't leading, you are controlling, and thats a huge difference to many of us,. and the reason many believe that the leadership of the UAW is completly out of touch with the workforce.

We NEED to fight for One Member, one vote in ALL things UAW...and vote each and every leadership position into office each term. Elliminate ALL appointed positions, and have a plant vote yes or no to ANYone being moved up. The people in the plant know these dipshits that have been moved up, and far too often, the ones being taken by IUAW are the same ones the membership wants OUT IF OFFICE because they didn't, or couldn't do the job.

Untiol that time, the IUAW can SAY we have a democratic Union, but their actions say that just the opposite is true.

Edited by trailfndr
  • Like 1

I believe that the entire issue of Retierees in THIS contract could have been avoided, had our LEADERSHIP, not sold the Veba to us with the statements that is was FULLY FUNDED FOR 80 YEARS...

I don't think any of us are against the retierees...I honestly believe tha the real problem is the lack of trust in our leadership. Many of us are fed up with being LIED to. We are fed up with being told we can't get a raise, and then a few months later, we watch our leadership vote themselves a raise.

I have no problem with the Retierees fund getting the 10%, I have a HUGE problem with the leadership lieing to us about it.

Leadership should lead by example...if its good for me..its good for YOU..and if not, then you aren't leading, you are controlling, and thats a huge difference to many of us,. and the reason many believe that the leadership of the UAW is completly out of touch with the workforce.

We NEED to fight for One Member, one vote in ALL things UAW...and vote each and every leadership position into office each term. Elliminate ALL appointed positions, and have a plant vote yes or no to ANYone being moved up. The people in the plant know these dipshits that have been moved up, and far too often, the ones being taken by IUAW are the same ones the membership wants OUT IF OFFICE because they didn't, or couldn't do the job.

Untiol that time, the IUAW can SAY we have a democratic Union, but their actions say that just the opposite is true.

Trail, I absolutely agree with what you are saying. Unfortunately Die has repeatedly blamed the retirees for this problem by stating they should have prepares better for retirement. He has stated this several times in other threads on here. To me that is unacceptable. They all retired with the promiss of health care. We owe them that. The uaw leadership should not have told us in 2009 that veba was fully funded, you are 100% correct on that. Die here thinks the uaw leadership can walk on water and the one part of the contract he dislikes, he blames on the retirees. Instead of putting the blame where it actually should be put, he has repeatedly attacked retirees. I understand he supports the contract. I also supported the contract after weighing the good and the bad of it I thought it was acceptable. Some say I was drinking the kool aid, maybe that's true, but at least I'm not drowning in it like Die is. I can't stand his attack on the retirees. Blame our leadership for this issue, don't make up a ridiculousthank you letter to the Iuaw and Obama.

• Like 3

Trail, I absolutely agree with what you are saying. Unfortunately Die has repeatedly blamed the retirees for this problem by stating they should have prepares better for retirement. He has stated this several times in other threads on here. To me that is unacceptable. They all retired with the promiss of health care. We owe them that. The uaw leadership should not have told us in 2009 that veba was fully funded, you are 100% correct on that. Die here thinks the uaw leadership can walk on water and the one part of the contract he dislikes, he blames on the retirees. Instead of putting the blame where it actually should be put, he has repeatedly attacked retirees. I understand he supports the contract. I also supported the contract after weighing the good and the bad of it I thought it was acceptable. Some say I was drinking the kool aid, maybe that's true, but at least I'm not drowning in it like Die is. I can't stand his attack on the retirees. Blame our leadership for this issue, don't make up a ridiculousthank you letter to the Iuaw and Obama.

ASK NOT WHAT THE UAW CAN DO FOR YOU BUT WHAT YOU CAN DO FOR THE UAW! After 30 years force them out and give someone else an opportunity! Im not attacking the retirees the Republicants are. Your fight is against them not me. That just shows how misinformed you are. It was ok for them to go to Washington and try to destroy our jobs. Oh NO you have no gripe with that! Wake the hell up people and see who is really waging the war on our UAW jobs! Without the UAW the majority of you uneducated workers would have nothing and would be nothing! You would not be able to provide for your family. But yet you still support those that are out to destroy our way of life. I dont feel sorry for none of you that support these idiots. The UAW is not only fighting the war against these outsiders but they are also fighting the war with insiders like you guys that post here. I know whose side I am on! Stop supporting against your best interest. Let mom and dads political interest stop influencing you guys, it may have worked for them but it doesn't work for you!

• Like 1

Yup, kick them out than cut them off. That's solidarity for you. So you don't want 10% of your profit sharing to ensure retirees have health care, but have no issue being taxed to give free health care to tons of people who make ne effort to work at all. So the people who never tried deserve free health care much more than someone who busted their ass for 30 years. That makes perfect sense.

Explain how nafta was uaw friendly. How job friendly is immelt? Don't get me wrong, all politicians are useless scumbags who only care about getting re-elected. They don't care about you or I.

But your right the retirees don't need health care. They had their chance. Maybe we should close VA hospitals too. I mean the soldiers could have tried harder to dodge bullets. Its not your fault they we to lazy to move out of the way.

• Like 3

No your the one that hates retirees and can't stomach the fact that 10% of profit sharing goes to veba. That's a sad excuse for a union member and as a human being. Your support solidarity as long as its to your benefit. Solidarity is remembering those before you as well. But you'd rather complain about 10% going to retirees and then give the president kudos for the contract. Please remind us when he sat on in negotiations. Its ok to support the contract, I did as well but don't rub people's nose in it. But back to my original issue with yiu, your hatred and discust for retirees us inexcusable. You will never change our minds on your hypocrisy of preaching solidarity while bitching about retirees. You don't even understand the concept of solidarity.

I understand the need to fund the retiree's....I agree with funding the retiree's.....what I have a problem with is the shortsightedness of past negotiations so they would have been funding their own retirements, we now fund theirs....will the next group fund ours? will their be a UAW to fund ours? This is the problem we all share whether we like it or not..........looking to the guvment isn't going to solve are problems they are more screwed up finacially than we are :-)

JMHO

• 2 weeks later...

Nope i only speak truth. Something the righties wouldn't know about. I know how you hate to hear others facts... You are still an angry little man! I thought you would have changed when you left. :angry2::angry2:

only the truth, like chris dodd, valerie jarett, and my buddy chuck rangel, what nice and honest people. i should give to vcap to support these idiots.

• Like 2

AMEN

Every word is true.

• Like 2

Well said, DW.

Also like to thank IUAW for this:NO repayment of past losses! $3750 does not begin to compensate us for the concessions of 2009—“suspensions” of raises, bonuses, holidays and more that were supposed to be temporary—that cost eachworker a minimum of $9000. Bonuses that average less than $1000 per year do not make up for the thousandsof dollars we will have lost at the end of our Chrysler career if we allow the “suspensions” to be transformed into permanent losses.

NO end to two-tier pay. Raises for “entry level” workers—UAW sisters and brothers like everyone else—leave them at least a $9 an hour behind “traditional” employees and their pay can still barely support a family. There are no commitments to make Temporary Part Time workers permanent. TPTs and Summer Vacation Replacements do not count towards the 25% cap on “entry level,” which does not even go into effect until 2015. Even if some entry level workers are moved into the “traditional” pay bracket they will not get traditional benefits. All these tiers lower wages for everyone in the long run and keep us all “divided and conquered.”

NO COLA or improvement factor raises—“traditional” pay is frozen for another four years. We have not had a raise since 2006. Are we paying the same for food, gas and utilities as we did in 2006? Time-and-ahalf only after 40 hours.

NO guarantees that there will be 2100 new jobs; any new jobs will be 100 per cent second tier. New jobs will be offset by reduction of jobs in skilled trades. Language that made the company fill attritional openings has been deleted. A new loophole—“market related volume declines” has been added to the toothless moratorium on plant closings and spinoffs. The UAW workforce at Chrysler could be even less than 26,000 by 2015.

NO end to forced transfers of workers on indefinite layoff—without “closed plant” status they still lose their seniority. Laid off workers run out of SUB after 26-52 weeks. The job bank is gone.

NO let up in the decimation of skilled trades. The company will continue cutting skilled trades to the bone through outsourcing, combining and eliminating classifications (“rationalization”), and dumping more trades work on production through Autonomous Maintenance. Lines of demarcation will be a thing of the past. Two thirds of all skilled positions could be eliminated at Chrysler, Ford and GM if they follow the pattern of GM’s totally restructured Lake Orion assembly plant.

NO lost holidays returned. We did not get back Easter Monday and lost the “floating holiday” (the one Friday before Labor Day that was in the last contract) and July 5, 2013 (the Friday after Thursday, July 4, which we would have off with pay in previous contracts).

NO restoration of relief time cut in 2009, which amounts to roughly 25 hours per year. Six to eight minutes per day now cut for Alternative Work Schedule/Flexible Operating Pattern workers.

NO $700 Christmas bonus for retirees and pensions are frozen for four years.

NO bereavement for same-sex partners.

NO change to the inhumane combined attendance and tardiness procedure. One occurrence removed now, and then 4 more years under the gun.

NO end to AWS and FOP, with some crews having their regularly scheduled 10-12 hour days on weekends for straight time. Dundee and Trenton only won—after Dundee voted to strike—relief from changing shifts from week to week. The company can impose AWS or FOP on a plant without local union approval.

NO fairness in overtime: “the Local Unions and local plant managements may negotiate local agreements for the purposes of equalizing team based”—not by rotation or seniority anymore—“overtime hours or overtime opportunities in the same department and classification and on the same shift.”

AND NO, Fiat-Chrysler is not broke. Cash reserves of Fiat and Chrysler have been combined and the company is sitting on a pot worth $27 billion. Car sales are up and market share has increased. Chrysler’s hourly labor costs are $7-9 less than Ford, GM and Toyota. The Treasury loans have been paid in full ahead of schedule, drastically lowering lending rates. And they did not “lose” $254 million. When the bosses borrowed money to pay off the Treasury there were servicing fees. Goldman Sachs, JPMorgan Chase, and their cohorts got half billion bucks. We got a button! We are forfeiting everything we thought we could get back if we vote yes.

Many of us are understandably worried about what we could lose if we vote no and the contract goes to arbitration. There is no predicting how the arbitrator would rule or how long it would take. We are on unchartered waters. We don’t know what might weigh in on the ruling. There are the GM and Ford patterns, and there’s Fiat's 27-billion-dollar cash reserve, but Chrysler claims by itself it has only $10 billion. An anti-union arbitrator might try to squeeze more givebacks.

The “Occupy Wall St.” protests in New York and hundreds of other cities have put the spotlight on corporate greed. One way we can protest corporate greed is by voting NO on this contract. We would be acting in a proud and dignified manner in the tradition of the sit-downs of the 1930s. We would be showing Marchionne that we reject his “culture of poverty” and will not be blackmailed by scare tactics.

Whatever the vote, we rank-and-file members have to come together. We can’t let tiers keep us divided. We need to find a way to revive the fighting tradition of the UAW.

• Like 2

AMEN

Every word is true.

How much money was taken from our IUAW strike fund and what was it used for ,I can not believe what I just read ,how they change the name of the fund and took money to organize

labor union ,I hope u gave some to those wall street protesters,they our fighting company greed and they we should be fighting IUAW which is a company now with all those useless stocks their holding to fund veba ,plus what we gave them from our cola to our 10% from profit sharing ,and why not fund the retireing health fund with our strike fund ,we never used it .

How much money was taken from our IUAW strike fund and what was it used for ,I can not believe what I just read ,how they change the name of the fund and took money to organize

labor union ,I hope u gave some to those wall street protesters,they our fighting company greed and they we should be fighting IUAW which is a company now with all those useless stocks their holding to fund veba ,plus what we gave them from our cola to our 10% from profit sharing ,and why not fund the retireing health fund with our strike fund ,we never used it .

We need to have national election for IUAW president ,we not putting a pope in charge ,where everything is done in closed door ,when a descision smoke comes out of chimmy or is it cigar smoke.

• Like 2

We need to have national election for IUAW president ,we not putting a pope in charge ,where everything is done in closed door ,when a descision smoke comes out of chimmy or is it cigar smoke.

I believe "sock puppets' Aren't allowed on BON... THIS POST, as compared to the previous post, by the same poster, to me, does not match up as per grammar. It sounds to me like 2 different people...

Please post under one name....one person....Not one name TWO (or more) people...Thanks...

OIM

Laying the sarcasm on thick, i love it!

User Image

oggydog wrote:

If you do a strike vote, my feeling is the UAW and Ford will lock out the high paid members and bring in more two-tier. Any thing is posible. International has the Veba, GM/Chrysler stocks and two-tier to save them self's, they do not need us. If they got ride of the high payed members, GM/ Ford and Chryslers stock will go threw the roof. Big profits for the Big Three and the UAW International. All members must bring the fight to the Internationals doors.

Read more: http://www.autonews.com/article/20110211/BLOG06/110219969/-1#ixzz1ccATz0TC