Law to a strike and lockout. Also change the way international is put in office...

sjohnson

Just wanted some opinions on if you think we was lied to about a strike and a lockout,being replaced by permanent workers..

http://www.alrb.gov.ab.ca/faq_strikes.html

A union is to be a true democracy,that is the true meaning of a union and what a union is to stand for and that includes the membership being able to vote our international officers in. It's not a democracy if we can't and delegates vote them in. The Teamsters are on government supervision over the same ordeal. I will post link to that later. We have rights by government law and our bylaws to change the fact that the whole membership gets to vote their international officers in.

If you would like the bylaws changed for that matter,then please comment. That's what this post is about..

Thanks for your opinion either way....

It's about solidarity,equality and fairness. We pay their wages,raises,bonuses,pensions so we ought to have a say so or be able to vote them in.

If we can get 40% of the membership to sign a petition then it is a done matter and we will be able to vote on our international. Guarantee........

• Like 1

Just wanted some opinions on if you think we was lied to about a strike and a lockout,being replaced by permanent workers..

A union is to be a true democracy,that is the true meaning of a union and what a union is to stand for and that includes the membership being able to vote our international officers in. It's not a democracy if we can't and delegates vote them in. The Teamsters are on government supervision over the same ordeal. I will post link to that later. We have rights by government law and our bylaws to change the fact that the whole membership gets to vote their international officers in.

If you would like the bylaws changed for that matter,then please comment. That's what this post is about..

It's about solidarity,equality and fairness. We pay their wages,raises,bonuses,pensions so we ought to have a say so or be able to vote them in.

If we can get 40% of the membership to sign a petition then it is a done matter and we will be able to vote on our international. Guarantee........

chuckii,

Do you really think everyone is a stupid as you ??

Canadian labor laws dont apply in America

Also our Constitution determines how the UAW operates

Only to change at the convention

Thanks for showing us with every post your IQ falls further into negative numbers

• Like 1

Quick question, not supporting the thread by commenting but just wondering how does a labor case from Alberta, Canada apply to the US?

Mr. Johnson, This democracy/ republic is a funny thing...When you voted for president....how much do you think that vote counted? I ask this because the popular vote in the 2000 election, for Pres. showed Gore as the winner. the system is set up for electorial votes, just like the UNION. So, you DON't have a say (like you think) ...the electorate has a say...this is how it is set up in the UAW as well... Like it or not... There is no petition signing, no re vote, just DEAL with it.

I think chicago people should see this: THE VOTE IS DONE... CONTRACT IS PASSED.... Work to hold the company to this contract, study it...look at it, enforce it...because someday...maybe soon... they will violate it...

OIM

• Like 2

Mr. Johnson, This democracy/ republic is a funny thing...When you voted for president....how much do you think that vote counted? I ask this because the popular vote in the 2000 election, for Pres. showed Gore as the winner. the system is set up for electorial votes, just like the UNION. So, you DON't have a say (like you think) ...the electorate has a say...this is how it is set up in the UAW as well... Like it or not... There is no petition signing, no re vote, just DEAL with it.

I think chicago people should see this: THE VOTE IS DONE... CONTRACT IS PASSED.... Work to hold the company to this contract, study it...look at it, enforce it...because someday...maybe soon... they will violate it...

OIM

It could be done, unlike electing the president of the U.S there are far fewer votes being casted in an election for the I.U.A.W and its representatives. Right now unfortunately OIM is right, the membership has to deal with it, however, don't be to quick to think that Right to Work might come to your state. Right now there is a bill in the house in Michigan that might allow teachers the opportunity to Opt in if they want to be members of a union. Thats right opt IN meaning the state will no longer take union dues out automatically but if the teachers want to continue to belong to a union, they will have to set up their own payment plan to belong.

OIM

First of all, I did put up the wrong link, I had a few of them and clicked the wrong one. My bad.

This post is just for opinions,no reason to get all worked up man. With that I didn't mention on this post about a revote and I have a right to my opinion and I believe we was strong armed and we had scare tactics used on the membership to vote yes.

Don't sit here and tell me I have to like it it not. Don't sit here and tell me that there's nothing we can do to change the process of the way our international is voted in. If you knew anything,Teamsters membership votes their international in now and it didn't used to be that way,the membership had it changed. Look that up or will I have to post links because you don't know how to? Who are you to tell me,no petition,no revote or no anything? Are we to do as you say or please? If their is a petition that comes around to change our bylaws on international voting then don't sign the damn thing but I can tell you that its your decision and you aren't the whole 40% we need to contact The National Labor Board to get it changed. We are the union and can change our own bylaws and most of us want the right to vote our international officers in. Now if you want to sit and take what they do to us and up there,well that's your choice and your entitled to that.

Most of us are sick of getting screwed by our leader/leaders and while we don't get raises or nothing back,while they screw our retirees again,while they lie to us,they sit up there and just voted themselves a raise and for them to get their 3% annual raise for the next four years. A double pension, $150,000 and up salaries, not including bonuses,paid expenses they call it,Vegas trips,million a year on golf outings,etc,that we pay for. While again we get nothing,they sure get theirs.

Like I said if you don't want a part in voting international in then so be it,your choice.

At least us in Chicago knew this was a contract of nothing but shit and we knew we could of got alot better with the right leaders,we didn't let them intimidate our way of voting,we didn't put our tail between our legs. We Stood Up for for all our brothers and sisters,we didn't just think of ourselves... So don't tell me or anyone else to like it or not,you may have to be that way but not all of us do.

We are our union and we DO have the right to change our bylaws... Now go look up the facts...

Have a great day....... I welcome different opinions,that what a democracy is about...

Lets do it ,where do I sign ,I don't want a 43 year of senority ,meaning Jimmy settle being are next president of the IUAW because he told us they won't be a second chance on this new contract going to the back to the tables( too Lazy),he said we are going on strike and that scare a lot of people into voting yes ,I heard alot of these new hires are going to take the money and quit ,anyway .They still live at home and don't care about Ford like we used too.

Edited by itsmeuaw

Lets do it ,where do I sign ,I don't want a 43 year of senority ,meaning Jimmy settle being are next president of the IUAW because he told us they won't be a second chance on this new contract going to the back to the tables( too Lazy),he said we are going on strike and that scare a lot of people into voting yes ,I heard alot of these new hires are going to take the money and quit ,anyway .They still live at home and don't care about Ford like we used too.

UAW members should NEVER have the right to elect their president. There is not enough information about candidates for them to make an EDUCATED decision. For example with the discontent before the last election Gary walcowicz might have been elected by the membership in a protest vote.....How good for us would that bhave been??...UAW elections are popularity contests.......we should never have the right as it would be abused by idiots

• Like 2

UAW members should NEVER have the right to elect their president. There is not enough information about candidates for them to make an EDUCATED decision. For example with the discontent before the last election Gary walcowicz might have been elected by the membership in a protest vote.....How good for us would that bhave been??...UAW elections are popularity contests.......we should never have the right as it would be abused by idiots

Now this is an excellent point...just look at the election process on the REP level... Is is a popularity contest...to a point that they practically gouge each others' eyes out in the name of "brotherhood, sisterhood"...now think about that on a national level....the union would look petty to the outside world.

• Like 1