Team leaders being voted in?

DTP MANIAC

Here at DTP I'm hoping that our bargaining reps put in to change the team leader process, Some of these people think they are now supervision and it goes to their heads. this is pitting union member's against each other. If they are voted in maybe they will remember they are hourly.

This is my feeling about this, maybe the company wants to do away with THERE ARE TO MANY CHIEFS AND NOT ENOUGH INDIANS (management) what and see.

Edited by DTP MANIAC
  • Like 5

Here at DTP I'm hoping that our bargaining reps put in to change the team leader process, Some of these people think they are now supervision and it goes to their heads. this is pitting union member's against each other. If they are voted in maybe they will remember they are hourly.

This is my feeling about this, maybe the company wants to do away with THERE ARE TO MANY CHIEFS AND NOT ENOUGH INDIANS (management) what and see.

I agree, all jobs above production should be bid jobs by seniority. Our plant at KTP is very low seniority and they don't like the idea....but in my opinion seniority is about all we have left.

• Like 3

I agree, all jobs above production should be bid jobs by seniority. Our plant at KTP is very low seniority and they don't like the idea....but in my opinion seniority is about all we have left.

I disagree seniority should count but that shouldn't be the only requirement. If they don't do the job they shouldn't be allowed to keep it! And when they don't do the job that screws over 12 other people. You shouldn't have to wait an hour to go to the bathroom cuz you can't find your Teamleader. Especially w/ tag relief

• Like 2

I disagree seniority should count but that shouldn't be the only requirement. If they don't do the job they shouldn't be allowed to keep it! And when they don't do the job that screws over 12 other people. You shouldn't have to wait an hour to go to the bathroom cuz you can't find your Teamleader. Especially w/ tag relief

What is their job exactly ? Have you ever read the posting for the job ? We should just go back to repairmen . Good luck going to the restroom then .Maybe If everyone didn't take their phone and drink with them to the restroom there wouldn't be such a problem getting their attention .

• Like 2

What is their job exactly ? Have you ever read the posting for the job ? We should just go back to repairmen . Good luck going to the restroom then .Maybe If everyone didn't take their phone and drink with them to the restroom there wouldn't be such a problem getting their attention .

No if they were around like they are suppose to be or aren't too busy talking or seriously hiding so they don't have to let you use the restroom. I don't know if your plant uses tag but if you have a certain break like 1-2 or 7-8 you are most likely going to have to go. If people take their drinks maybe they are just adding ice cuz most likely if the Teamleader throws a fit about using the restroom they aren't going let you go get ice. Bathroom breaks are part of their job description. Along w/ stocking up your stations and which is never done if the previous shift left u in the hole they are "suppose to get all jobs out before we start the shift. I'm not saying all teamleaders are bad but a lot if them are. And I'm not saying they are bad people either most are really good people but just suck at their jobs.

• Like 1

This is a great subject our union needs to address, I've been saying this stuff for years, There should be a weekly survey done by the actual supervisor asking each worker how they feel about their relief person (1-3) ratings should be given out:

1= good

2= don't care

3= get rid of him/her

Yes they think they are supervision and at DTP they will rat out any worker they don't personally like, they may not like the way you look, the way you smell, the way you don't say hi to them, they may not like the fact that your out going on the line, (some people like to not talk to others at work) they may not like the fact you have to take a shit at a certain time. Then they fuck you and rat you out. I had a team leader lie one time and tell management that I wasn't doing my job when I was. The only cure for that is to set'em up. I know plenty of ways you can setup relief people. They sometimes have to put parts on the line from a stash of parts they have, just sabotage them on him and he/she will be forced to shut the line down.

UAW get rid of this system it's no good.

• Like 1

Just like any bid job in the plant...if the person doing the job isn't doing it correctly then it's managements responsibility to take care of the issue as you would any employee not following the rules on a job requirement. And as far as what I heard at our questions meeting.....these jobs will no longer be required to take care of bathroom breaks...this issue will be handled differently moving forward. Seniority is the only way to bid any job about production...period.

• Like 1

Just like any bid job in the plant...if the person doing the job isn't doing it correctly then it's managements responsibility to take care of the issue as you would any employee not following the rules on a job requirement. And as far as what I heard at our questions meeting.....these jobs will no longer be required to take care of bathroom breaks...this issue will be handled differently moving forward. Seniority is the only way to bid any job about production...period.

CAP recently went to tag relief, None of the jobs were posted!!!!!!!!!!!!

The company wanted to rush in tag relief, to fill the void until we go to three crews, so the posting process was by passed.

It was all done thru a survey. :banghead:

In our last local agreement, we agreed to give up non pro postings, which means everything should go up for a job promotion posting.

No relief jobs posted at CAP.

AAI Came up with a simple solution to the team leader issue, and it works very well. The team votes in the team leader once each year. It that leader wants to keep getting voted in, they do the job for the people. Otherwise, they are automatically out after one year. Members do not vote them out, its automatic. Election is every year. The team leaders over there, for the vast majority at least, do excellant work They don't rat on people, they take care of relief as needed, and they do repairs as needed. The system works Sure, some will say Senority should get it..but its more important to me (and I HAVE senority) to make sure the team leader is willing and able to perform the job each and every day. When your performance is judged by your peers, and they decide if you are doing the job or not, you work much harder to please everyone.. And you don't play favorites.

Edited by trailfndr
  • Like 2

AAI Came up with a simple solution to the team leader issue, and it works very well. The team votes in the team leader once each year. It that leader wants to keep getting voted in, they do the job for the people. Otherwise, they are automatically out after one year. Members do not vote them out, its automatic. Election is every year. The team leaders over there, for the vast majority at least, do excellant work They don't rat on people, they take care of relief as needed, and they do repairs as needed. The system works Sure, some will say Senority should get it..but its more important to me (and I HAVE senority) to make sure the team leader is willing and able to perform the job each and every day. When your performance is judged by your peers, and they decide if you are doing the job or not, you work much harder to please everyone.. And you don't play favorites.

AGREED.......voting in works well for us at Walton Hills