Salaried workers take another hit

nonunion slug

Low and behold, a few days after the hourly agreement is ratified, guess who ends up paying? The General Salary Roll workforce. Basically, the salaried equivalent to hourly workers. Ford rolled out an email that two of our six health care choices have been dumped. Which two? The best two in cost and coverage. So, we are left with the most expensive HMO and three pretty bad PPO plans. All four plans are either costly up front or on the end with out of pocket or both.

I understand that hourly don't have to shell out $500 a month for decent health care. Salary either shell that out now or gamble and then would have to pay over $3000 out of pocket and then 40% of everything above that. I am beginning to suspect that Ford is having the GSR workers subsidize active hourly health care costs. I am pretty sure that in a group plan of thousands of employees, it doesn't cost $6,000 per family to be covered. I would guess Ford would negotiate rates at least that low or below that rate. Bottom line, salaried gets screwed once again.

• Like 3

Wow. Salaried do-nothings who trip over each other trying to make their employment status justified to the company take a hit? Who cares..Whether it's the ridiculous number of do-nothings who roam around the plants pointing at things or staring at line workers, or the equally redundant petty chicken shit supervisors, it's nothing we need to worry about. If these salaried types think they're all that, they are welcome to jump ship and bring their "talents" somewhere else.

• Like 3

They get a certain amount of $ to user for insurance(vision,med,den) and to buy vacation days if they want.Called Flex Pay I believe

OK, although I'm pretty sure there isn't money left in the pot to buy days off after you've bought insurance. In fact, unless you choose the bare bones plan, you'll be paying in just for the insurance. Used to be more generous.

• Like 2

Low and behold, a few days after the hourly agreement is ratified, guess who ends up paying? The General Salary Roll workforce. Basically, the salaried equivalent to hourly workers. Ford rolled out an email that two of our six health care choices have been dumped. Which two? The best two in cost and coverage. So, we are left with the most expensive HMO and three pretty bad PPO plans. All four plans are either costly up front or on the end with out of pocket or both.

I understand that hourly don't have to shell out $500 a month for decent health care. Salary either shell that out now or gamble and then would have to pay over $3000 out of pocket and then 40% of everything above that. I am beginning to suspect that Ford is having the GSR workers subsidize active hourly health care costs. I am pretty sure that in a group plan of thousands of employees, it doesn't cost $6,000 per family to be covered. I would guess Ford would negotiate rates at least that low or below that rate. Bottom line, salaried gets screwed once again.

:hysterical: BULLSHIT

• Like 2

Wow. Salaried do-nothings who trip over each other trying to make their employment status justified to the company take a hit? Who cares..Whether it's the ridiculous number of do-nothings who roam around the plants pointing at things or staring at line workers, or the equally redundant petty chicken shit supervisors, it's nothing we need to worry about. If these salaried types think they're all that, they are welcome to jump ship and bring their "talents" somewhere else.

I agree FormerMTP'er

Thank You for pointing this out :hysterical: :happy feet:

• Like 2

sounds like you guys need to unionize or quit. like a previous poster said, i care about you as much as you care about us, which is ZERO.

• Like 5

401K match my friend, air conditioning, AWS (job sharing anyone, anyone??), merit increases to offset spending on insurance, higher salaries period, less physical work with little injury, moving allowances are sinful, buying vacation time. Look I know you GSR's get a bad rap but still try the line for 10 hours 4-5 days a week, believe me that $500 will seem like nothing. Way better profit sharing also. Put out an average salary for you all and then we can talk.

• Like 3

One thing I can certainly agree with is if you're generally unhappy with how things are going @ Ford, get a job somewhere else. Life is too short, and Ford isn't the only company on the planet who employ's engineers. I'm pretty sure there is no correlation between salaried and UAW benefits, other than holidays by default.

• Like 3

Not surprised. Past practice, and I know this from personal experience going back to 1984, is that they would also go after all the vendors, especially the non-production vendors, for price concessions. The standard drivel was that they have to pay for the contract somehow, so the vendors get to chip in to pay for it. I wonder if the hourly ever knew this was a standard practice, not only at Ford, but at GM & Chrysler as well. That now they would screw over the GSR is really not a surprise.

• Like 1

Your attitude towards hourly UAW is contemptible,which is to be expected now onto your post.Your arguments are weak.Ford has the $$$$ to also pay for you to have the exact same coverage as hourly workers they simply chose not to.Have you thought about unionizing salary workers or is that too 'low class' for you and your colleagues?

Edited by Fatso
  • Like 3

Your attitude towards hourly UAW is contemptible,which is to be expected now onto your post.Your arguments are weak.Ford has the $$ to also pay for you to have the exact same coverage as hourly workers they simply chose not to.Have you thought about unionizing salary workers or is that too 'low class' for you and your colleagues?

I think his very first post, weeks ago, was about how to unionize the salaried workforce, but he got a lot of really rude flack from other BOF members that turned him off.

• Like 1

Your attitude towards hourly UAW is contemptible,which is to be expected now onto your post.Your arguments are weak.Ford has the $$$$ to also pay for you to have the exact same coverage as hourly workers they simply chose not to.Have you thought about unionizing salary workers or is that too 'low class' for you and your colleagues?

Yes, definitely too "low class"