Guess the workers over seas don't like 10 hour assembly night shifts

LivDspAaiDtp

An 8 hour work day with voluntary overtime was a primary reason workers formed a union in the first place.One major difference between USA and Europe is that in Europe citizens support the unions.Maybe it is a result of living under Feudalism and Aristocracy that compel the people in Europe to come together.In the USA capitalism rules and it all sounds fair until you factor in corruption then the working-class evolve into little more than debt-slaves.Anyways I would favor an 8 hour day too.

An 8 hour work day with voluntary overtime was a primary reason workers formed a union in the first place.One major difference between USA and Europe is that in Europe citizens support the unions.Maybe it is a result of living under Feudalism and Aristocracy that compel the people in Europe to come together.In the USA capitalism rules and it all sounds fair until you factor in corruption then the working-class evolve into little more than debt-slaves.Anyways I would favor an 8 hour day too.

Are you sure you want to talk about Europe right now? You might want to have a look to see what is happening over there before you praise them. Check out Greece, or find your nearest British ex-Pat and ask them about their money issues.

As far as the 10 hour goes, I'd prefer it. An extra two hours a night was nothing when you got an extra day on the weekend.

• Like 3

I've worked the 4 day and 5 day week at different plants and agree that the 5 day shift is better. An extra day off wasn't worth it when I had to end my evening 2 hours early for 4 days then when Friday came it was either let things go or make up for the things I had to put off. Constantly cutting myself short on sleep to spend a little time with family. Then there is the weekend crew who looses their social and family lives since most of working humanity and school children are off on the weekends. Vacation time was often spent on weekends that you should be off anyhow. You don't see most management and salaried people working weekends and 10 hour shifts every day...wonder why? :redcard:

• Like 1

No we are not. I used to do that plus some Sunday's. It's easy to say let's stay on 4-10's if you have a cake job. I've been on this schedule for about 5 years now and now that we do tag relief over it. I get bounced around so even when I do an easier job it still sucks. So I'd be happy to go back to 5-8's ASAP.

• Like 1