AAI local contract

deflep1

I thought it would be a close vote, but I underestimated our workers' displeasure with the new "team concept". Loss of seniority rights within those teams didn't help either. Many workers in Trim have been online for 20 plus years. They aren't going to learn 7 0r 8 jobs and rotate every day, or be loaned out if all 10 people from their team are present, if they are #9 or #10. Getting the Fusion was great, although Tony Bondy said it was thrown in the last day if we gave up some trades issues and started the team concept. Our local said settle the Mazda pension issue and it's a deal. They weren't bargaining for the Fusion the whole time like they claimed. I hope this can be resolved soon and get a contract that will be better and will pass. The numbers were roughly 590 for and 800 something against. With that big of a NO margin, forgive me for not having the exact numbers or percentages, it's a moot point. Voted down by 1 vote or 300, it's back to the drawing board.

• Like 1

I thought it would be a close vote, but I underestimated our workers' displeasure with the new "team concept". Loss of seniority rights within those teams didn't help either. Many workers in Trim have been online for 20 plus years. They aren't going to learn 7 0r 8 jobs and rotate every day, or be loaned out if all 10 people from their team are present, if they are #9 or #10. Getting the Fusion was great, although Tony Bondy said it was thrown in the last day if we gave up some trades issues and started the team concept. Our local said settle the Mazda pension issue and it's a deal. They weren't bargaining for the Fusion the whole time like they claimed. I hope this can be resolved soon and get a contract that will be better and will pass. The numbers were roughly 590 for and 800 something against. With that big of a NO margin, forgive me for not having the exact numbers or percentages, it's a moot point. Voted down by 1 vote or 300, it's back to the drawing board.

The one and only object that stands in our defense when it comes to dignity or humility in the plants we work, are the classifications that we have earned throught the years.

Classifications have only benefited the working men and women of the UAW. For years Ford has been trying to simplify our classifications to the point that management now states that anyone can do what we do.... Our Rep`s have went along with these movements to simplify or over simplify our tasks through the years, for one reason or another but, never forgot we have the voting part of these negotiations.

Poor management skills, little or no experience and no people skills... is now in control of our futures. Do you really think they will be thinking of their best interest? or ours?

Stay strong AAI, we all should follow your lead. Dignity is truly the one last thing we have in the work place. Giving it away is the beginning of the end. The Contract we are now under is the first step to that end....

Decker

One of 1788

Edited by Decker
  • Like 1

When is the revote scheduled?

Once the National Contract was announced, and the Fusion coming to AAI was known, the company no longer had the leverage to demand alot in the local agreement. Prior to that announcement, AAI Had no idea if they would be open, have product or not. Once that was known, local negotiations should have taken a different direction, with the Union in more control. Bondy failed in that one. I guess thats what happens when the membership keeps changing the leadership each election, and not having the experience, and skill needed to negotiate a GOOD contract. Scott and Sam have no real experience in negotiations, and very little in everyday Union operations. Tony is old school, at a time when Old School has run its course and New School needs to do things differently.

Hopefully its not simply a revote of the same rejected agreement, if it is, I predict that the failure to pass will be by an even larger margin. People at AAI are proud, and won't take kindly to any attempt to dupe them or "Buy" the vote empty through treats.

Stay Strong AAI...you deserve better leadership.

• Like 1

Once the National Contract was announced, and the Fusion coming to AAI was known, the company no longer had the leverage to demand alot in the local agreement. Prior to that announcement, AAI Had no idea if they would be open, have product or not. Once that was known, local negotiations should have taken a different direction, with the Union in more control. Bondy failed in that one. I guess thats what happens when the membership keeps changing the leadership each election, and not having the experience, and skill needed to negotiate a GOOD contract. Scott and Sam have no real experience in negotiations, and very little in everyday Union operations. Tony is old school, at a time when Old School has run its course and New School needs to do things differently.

Hopefully its not simply a revote of the same rejected agreement, if it is, I predict that the failure to pass will be by an even larger margin. People at AAI are proud, and won't take kindly to any attempt to dupe them or "Buy" the vote empty through treats.

Stay Strong AAI...you deserve better leadership.

As fast as the new product was given to AAI it can be taken away. The attitude you describe is what got the Michigan Casting Center closed the first time. If your not carefull all you will be doing is showing hogs at the Monroe County Fair.

• Like 1

So carguy are you saying we should "bend over, grab our ankles and take it like a man"......your a idiot . It makes zero (0) sense to close/ not give product to a facility that they all want to be like.... ie, modern work agreement, flexable work force, can produce high volumes w/quality when given the opportunity.....you have got to be salary......my two cents.

• Like 1

So carguy are you saying we should "bend over, grab our ankles and take it like a man"......your a idiot . It makes zero (0) sense to close/ not give product to a facility that they all want to be like.... ie, modern work agreement, flexable work force, can produce high volumes w/quality when given the opportunity.....you have got to be salary......my two cents.

MOA is out the door. Just some info All new contracts where product was placed have been POA. Correct me if I am wrong, But MAP and DTP have what they call POA. Why the name change I don't know. But one thing I do know is. There has been whip sawing between locals in the past few contracts. This is not new they have been trying to do this for over twenty years.... I belive that the union and the company can agree to a contract thats good for both sides ,and Tony and his crew can go back to the table. We as members need to Convey To our leadership the items that we did not like. The Leadership at AAI ,I belive will work for the membership and bring back a contract that we all can agree on. Now is not the time to be divided Stand and show that we are a work force that has proven our selfs over and over with top Quality in the products that we have built.You are so right when you said "we have a flexable work force, can produce high volumes w/quality"

As fast as the new product was given to AAI it can be taken away. The attitude you describe is what got the Michigan Casting Center closed the first time. If your not carefull all you will be doing is showing hogs at the Monroe County Fair.

sounds like a union official. yes we know in the past the company will want to open the contract and adjust. and our union is MORE than willing to help! (the company) thanks a lot!!!

Job rotation won't last long once it's started,they started it at DTP then management put a stop to it,they said it was bad on quality,they did not care that job rotation was better on the employees body.....so dont let that bother you in your local contract....

MOD was in use at AAI until at least 2010 the last time I was there and was one of the reasons the quality was so good. Workers didn't wear them self's out on the same job all day long.

MOD was in use at AAI until at least 2010 the last time I was there and was one of the reasons the quality was so good. Workers didn't wear them self's out on the same job all day long.

The Problem isn't job rotation..as AAI has known it.rotation between 2 jobs is great..what they want is rotation between 8 jobs.and thats just too much to handle. When you work in teams, As AAI did back in the Mazda days, you find that there is almost always at least one or more, in each group that is a slacker, causing the rest of the team to cover for them. Members at AAI do not want to, nor should cover someone that doesn't want to work.

Add to it the languge that loans out without regards to senority, and the loss of the ability to choose your jobs, and you have the failure to pass the contract. AAI people are, and always have been all about senority. I wish more plants felt the same way..

• Like 1

Hello all, just some FYI

COA stands for “competitive operating agreement”.

MOA’s are not just geared mainly toward Maintenance.

• In the production side of an MOA agreement you only have a few classifications that cover everyone within production. For example: Team Members, Team Leaders and now Tag Relief and that’s it.

• In a traditional plant with a traditional operating agreement much like DTP Body you have Production Floor Associates (PFA’s) – PFA Team Leaders, Weld Destruct, Weld Inspection, Weld Inspection Team Leaders, Metal Finishers, Fitters, Dingers and their Team Leaders and then Incoming Quality. Then you have Material Handling Associate A, B, and C, Material Handling Team Leader, Clerk and General Store Attendant (Then of course Tag Relief for each classification, unless its free effort work). I may have missed a few, but you get the point.

Anyways, good luck AAI. It was awesome to hear that you got product.

Jeff Hodges

UAW Local 600

Dearborn Stamping & DTP Body

Vice President & Bargaining Rep

Edited for out of control formatting.

Edited by ReDemption