Retired Ford Management Lease Car Privilege

Pleading ignorance doesn't help, it just shows that you are either stupid or lazy. The forum section you are in is clearly on the top of the page, all you would have to do is check before you post.

But since the rules are never enforced around here, carry on.

I explained this multiple times, dumbass. I use View New Posts and I click on the square next to the topic title that takes you to the first unread post. I NEVER SEE THE TOP OF THE PAGE unless I scroll back up. So if I don't happen to notice the forum name on the view new posts page there is no way that I know it's the employee forum.

Besides - what do you have against me HELPING someone who asked a question? I wasn't bashing or arguing with employees.

Pleading ignorance doesn't help, it just shows that you are either stupid or lazy. The forum section you are in is clearly on the top of the page, all you would have to do is check before you post.

But since the rules are never enforced around here, carry on.

You need to find a better target. The only time I've seen akirby post in the employee section in the last 6+ months has been to answer basic questions. He seems to have a better accuracy rating than most of that subforum.

I like your posts, but don't understand the target practice you take some times.

OK..I started this battle mostly based on the potential of cost savings for the company. Its clearly evident this respondent is not on the same page as myself. Its like Republicans vs Democrats. One side wants to save and one side wants to spend. I can understand why he defends the LIFETIME LEASE PROGRAM. ITS A GREAT PERK for doing NOTHING!

How would it be a potential cost savings when the company turns a profit on the program? As far as doing nothing, the employee excelled to a level of management though years of hard work for a "perk" that he or she pays for every month. I'm sorry you didn't reach that level during your career.

Yeah right, if the Company supposedly turns a profit, then why not allow it for all the retirees who are non-management? I'll use your answer: "the employee excelled to a level of management through years of hard work for a 'perk'..." Ha! Ha! How self serving can you get. OK...lets rap this up. Its obvious you are in that group of 'Lease Car For Life Beneficiaries'...so, I would say this: You can either agree with me...or admit you're wrong! You choose. Happy Holiday to all!

How would it be a potential cost savings when the company turns a profit on the program? As far as doing nothing, the employee excelled to a level of management though years of hard work for a "perk" that he or she pays for every month. I'm sorry you didn't reach that level during your career.

Yeah right, if the Company supposedly turns a profit, then why not allow it for all the retirees who are non-management? I'll use your answer: "the employee excelled to a level of management through years of hard work for a 'perk'..." Ha! Ha! How self serving can you get. OK...lets rap this up. Its obvious you are in that group of 'Lease Car For Life Beneficiaries'...so, I would say this: You can either agree with me...or admit you're wrong! You choose. Happy Holiday to all!

Wow, you clearly are out of touch. You criticize a program you clearly don't know much about (which just comes off as simple jealousy or sour grapes), then assume people that try to explain the program to you are beneficiaries of the program (when there is no evidence that this is the case) and THEN you basically wrap it up w/a great debate tactic: If you don't agree me, you're wrong. You expect people take you seriously?

• Like 1

I cant speak as to the reason why Ford doesn't open it up to more people, maybee it would be too large to manage. You keep missing the point that the eligible Lessee's PAYs for the car every month. I don't work for Ford but these bennifits have been in place a long time and I feel the employees that earned it deserve it. Again I have been told by a reliable source that the program turns a profit. I'll admit I'm wrong when you can prove it doesn't. It is obvious that you must be jealous of those people for some reason. Happy Hollidays!

• Like 1

... LIFETIME LEASE PROGRAM. ITS A GREAT PERK for doing NOTHING!

To be honest with you, it is not THAT great of a deal !

If you bought a car and drove it for 5 years, it would cost a lot less.

The exception to that is sometimes the company will run "specials" on management leases. Frequently these are slow selling models. (Hmmm ... I'll bet they are getting a good deal on Flex !) These "specials" typically require that all option be ordered.

Hmmm.. sounds like you and BrewFan are doing a tag team. I love how you use the "reliable source" as your reference, but you don't work for Ford and that I must prove your reliable source wrong. Its the same as saying "I have proof from a 'RELIABLE SOURCE' that pigs fly...now I'll admit I'm wrong when you can prove they don't fly!" Childish!

On the contrary, these lifetime lease retirees do NOT pay insurance, they Do get new cars every year, unlimited mileage and they can let ANYONE drive these cars. They also get ANY car of choice...not specific slow sellers. I worked at Ford for over 30 yrs, and do not need "reliable sources" to justify my comments like yourself( who NEVER worked at Ford). The bottom line was intended to be cost savings, but you and your friend refer to it as jealousy....! Its obvious that I've opened a wound that you guys want the moderator to remove to the employee forum to avoid any more publicity. Personally, I think you would not be trying to defend this PERK unless you had some benefit from it.

quote name='scode1' timestamp='1322079165' post='747436']

I cant speak as to the reason why Ford doesn't open it up to more people, maybee it would be too large to manage. You keep missing the point that the eligible Lessee's PAYs for the car every month. I don't work for Ford but these bennifits have been in place a long time and I feel the employees that earned it deserve it. Again I have been told by a reliable source that the program turns a profit. I'll admit I'm wrong when you can prove it doesn't. It is obvious that you must be jealous of those people for some reason. Happy Hollidays!

Edited by bobbyd

Lessee's PAYs for the car every month.

Upper management, active or retired, get 1 or 2 "E-role" vehicles every 6 months, FREE. Combined active and retirees, this is probably only a couple thousand people. They are allowed to LEASE 1 or 2 more. I'm not certain about E-role vehicles, but the lease program has restrictions on which vehicles and options.

Active management (starting at LL6) may lease a vehicle, from the "approved" list. LL5-4 get 2 lease vehicles. Sometimes there are "specials" that allow LL6 and above to lease an addition vehicle, typically from a very small list. Some vehicle/option packages may be discounted.

I doubt if ANYONE knows if either of these programs are profitable.

As for expanding the lease plan to GSR or non-eligible active employees or retirees, I suspect they (like myself) would be happier if they their health plans were restored to what they were 5 years ago.