"The Equality of Sacrifi ce Grievance

itsmeuaw

Witnesses???? Just what could anybody witness?

I'm thinking somebody must have seen the 3 card monte scam pulled on Ron and Bob by the COMPANY and the ensuing crocodile tears shed for the whole PR effect while NOONE seems to have seen the reverse pick pocket play that will make this all go away in the company's favor soon.

Witnesses???? Just what could anybody witness?

Although I was not satisfied with the concessions, or the management getting their concessions back, this suit is frivolous. If you did not like the terms of the contract you should have voted it down. Ford did not take any more then you all agreed to. Also the courts would likely side with the company even if it did have merit because of the damage it would do to the company to pay out large sums to the effected. Win the suit, get a chunk of money, then strip away their investment capital so they can't keep their product commitments. Then look for a new job, cause they can't keep you working. I hate that about America, people would rather wait years to settle a suit and get some easy money, rather then working hard, and saving. In most industries the employees don't make enough to save, at Ford that is not the case. There is a political motive behind this filing.

Edited by Furious1Auto
  • Like 2

Although I was not satisfied with the concessions, or the management getting their concessions back, this suit is frivolous. If you did not like the terms of the contract you should have voted it down. Ford did not take any more then you all agreed to. Also the courts would likely side with the company even if it did have merit because of the damage it would do to the company to pay out large sums to the effected. Win the suit, get a chunk of money, then strip away their investment capital so they can't keep their product commitments. Then look for a new job, cause they can't keep you working. I hate that about America, people would rather wait years to settle a suit and get some easy money, rather then working hard, and saving. In most industries the employees don't make enough to save, at Ford that is not the case. There is a political motive behind this filing.

this is about a justice that was not our doing.a commitment way before the contract was betrayed by mang.get all the facts,i am no fool or zealot of sociolism.the company made a shared commitment and they betrayed us.as always

• Like 2

this is about a justice that was not our doing.a commitment way before the contract was betrayed by mang.get all the facts,i am no fool or zealot of sociolism.the company made a shared commitment and they betrayed us.as always

Do explain why I am right, even though in your opening arguments you suggest otherwise. :reading:

• Like 1

Any award by the arbitrator to the UAW members will not be a huge amount and therefore, not damaging to the company.

What's the point of having an Equality of Sacrifice agreement if it isn't going to be upheld by both parties? Come on Furious, you ought to know better.

• Like 1

Any award by the arbitrator to the UAW members will not be a huge amount and therefore, not damaging to the company.

What's the point of having an Equality of Sacrifice agreement if it isn't going to be upheld by both parties? Come on Furious, you ought to know better.

Local 862 president told us Wednesday it was not worth the paper it was written on & to expect nothing.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

ANY ONE HEARING ANY MORE ON THIS SETTLE MENT

*** Equality of Sacrifice Arbitration Update From Vice President Jimmy Settles ***

As we previously indicated, the arbitrator would attempt to resume the testimony phase sometime last week. However, due to the holidays and the end of year responsibilities of the arbitrator and witnesses from both the union and the company, a reasonable date was not established.

Therefore, testimony will not resume until after the first of the year.

It is important to note that the delays in scheduling are in no way an indicator of the potential outcome of the grievance. In fact, we believe the grievance carries such weight that the painstaking nature of the process is necessary for proper diligence.

I have reiterated to my staff, and accordingly I ask of you, that we all remain patient during the arbitration process. The magnitude of the grievance filed against Ford Motor Company has no historical precedent, meaning every step forward along the way presents a new challenge that deserves our willingness to allow the process to play itself out.

I respectfully ask at this time, with the holidays approaching, that we all reflect on the goodness in our lives and the past year, and that we dedicate this time to find harmony with our coworkers, friends and family. May God continue to bless you and your family.

Thank you for your understanding, and we will continue to do our very best at keeping the entire membership informed.

In Solidarity,

Jimmy Settles

Vice President and Director

UAW National Ford Department

*** Equality of Sacrifice Arbitration Update From Vice President Jimmy Settles ***

As we previously indicated, the arbitrator would attempt to resume the testimony phase sometime last week. However, due to the holidays and the end of year responsibilities of the arbitrator and witnesses from both the union and the company, a reasonable date was not established.

Therefore, testimony will not resume until after the first of the year.

It is important to note that the delays in scheduling are in no way an indicator of the potential outcome of the grievance. In fact, we believe the grievance carries such weight that the painstaking nature of the process is necessary for proper diligence.

I have reiterated to my staff, and accordingly I ask of you, that we all remain patient during the arbitration process. The magnitude of the grievance filed against Ford Motor Company has no historical precedent, meaning every step forward along the way presents a new challenge that deserves our willingness to allow the process to play itself out.

I respectfully ask at this time, with the holidays approaching, that we all reflect on the goodness in our lives and the past year, and that we dedicate this time to find harmony with our coworkers, friends and family. May God continue to bless you and your family.

Thank you for your understanding, and we will continue to do our very best at keeping the entire membership informed.

In Solidarity,

Jimmy Settles

Vice President and Director

UAW National Ford Department

I think what your trying to say is 'you aint gittin squat'

• Like 1

I'd like to know what contractual language and violation of the contract occurred to generate this grievance. Could someone please identify the precise contractual language which was violated? IMHO, I think this grievance is going to get shot down. It was always a dog and pony show on the part of the IUAW to try to "save face" in light of how badly we got sold out.....

• Like 3

I'd like to know what contractual language and violation of the contract occurred to generate this grievance. Could someone please identify the precise contractual language which was violated? IMHO, I think this grievance is going to get shot down. It was always a dog and pony show on the part of the IUAW to try to "save face" in light of how badly we got sold out.....

I can answer this for you Spring. In Letters of Understanding 11-3-2007 pg 438 "Equality of Sacrifice" is the original language. Also in the Feb 2009 modifications letters dated 2/15/2009 "Equity of Sacrifice" & "Executive Compensation and Benefits Letter" unpublished.

I personally don't think we will get as much as a lot of members think...but I do think we will win it for whatever it's worth.

• Like 1

I can answer this for you Spring. In Letters of Understanding 11-3-2007 pg 438 "Equality of Sacrifice" is the original language. Also in the Feb 2009 modifications letters dated 2/15/2009 "Equity of Sacrifice" & "Executive Compensation and Benefits Letter" unpublished.

I personally don't think we will get as much as a lot of members think...but I do think we will win it for whatever it's worth.

Nobody cares what you personally think so please STFU ....................IDIOT

Thank you!

• Like 3

Whoa, if it is in the language there may be a basis for this argument. I don't have the letters handy, What is the actual verbiage?

Edited by Furious1Auto

You weren't aware that this was in our contract, really? :confused: Why do you think the grievance was filed?

What is the verbiage? Put up, or shut up. I searched the links to the UAW's FB page several times not finding whatever information was suppose to be there supporting the argument. Mary and her family knows the language very well, and she didn't know it existed. If it does then it should be easy to produce. :reading:

I guess it is easier to unlike my comment then it is to post the language, HUH

Edited by Furious1Auto