Saline ACH sold to Ford

Them

i sure hope the sale to the french company falls thru---i would hate for the dk blue workers to have to come to dtp ,that wouldnt be fair! they are so used to their super senoirity there.---wouldnt be fair for them to go to c-crew after all that time workin whatever shift they please! and workin trim and final wouldnt be fair either after having just about any job they bid on with their super senoirtiy!----- well goodluck dk blue i hope everything works out for you, and that the sale to the french company falls thru so you can remain special!

• Like 2

i sure hope the sale to the french company falls thru---i would hate for the dk blue workers to have to come to dtp ,that wouldnt be fair! they are so used to their super senoirity there.---wouldnt be fair for them to go to c-crew after all that time workin whatever shift they please! and workin trim and final wouldnt be fair either after having just about any job they bid on with their super senoirtiy!----- well goodluck dk blue i hope everything works out for you, and that the sale to the french company falls thru so you can remain special!

maybe there chairman will follow over and protect them. what plant can you go too other than saline that have dark blue, light blue and orange employee's? now thats unity!!

• Like 1

And on the skilled trade end....there have probably been 100+ skilled trades members that were forces back to production that have gone thru saline. With their trades working 7/12s do ya think those greedy bastards would take on any of those members....HELL NO! Hope they all get a nice welcome at other facilities when Faurecia takes over.....just sayin'

• Like 1

And on the skilled trade end....there have probably been 100+ skilled trades members that were forces back to production that have gone thru saline. With their trades working 7/12s do ya think those greedy bastards would take on any of those members....HELL NO! Hope they all get a nice welcome at other facilities when Faurecia takes over.....just sayin'

as a skilled trades member at saline i have no control over how many hours i of overtime i am offered each week or how many trades people are offered jobs. it has been my opinon every time i have had a chance to express it, that saline should take in every skilled trades person the local could talk the company into allowing to work at saline . because after all saline is still suposed to be ether sold or closed ,and sooner or later we are going to be out of a job looking for a spot just like the rest of the hundreds trades people out there with no where to go but production or ilo

• Like 1

amen brother!! anyone who would take O.T. over bringing a brother back to his tools is ..... well, you know! we our so blessed at ford to be making the wages that we make, i feel sorry for the people that THINK they need more.

amen brother!! anyone who would take O.T. over bringing a brother back to his tools is ..... well, you know! we our so blessed at ford to be making the wages that we make, i feel sorry for the people that THINK they need more.

Do you guys honestly believe that our Skilled Trades brothers get to pick who and how many other Skilled Tradesmen get to come to work? And I must really be out of the loop because I had no idea they made their own schedules either.

When I am told by Saline union officials that they are leary about taking on AAI skilled trades people because of our modern work agreement, and questioning just how much we actually know in our trade, I have a big problem. Last I checked we went thru the same Ford Joint Apprenticeship as everyone else! Maybe when Saline finally shuts the doors to Ford employees and all you tradesmen are shoved up AAI's ass we should give you the same treatment!!! !! Bitter...yea you could say that

When I am told by Saline union officials that they are leary about taking on AAI skilled trades people because of our modern work agreement, and questioning just how much we actually know in our trade, I have a big problem. Last I checked we went thru the same Ford Joint Apprenticeship as everyone else! Maybe when Saline finally shuts the doors to Ford employees and all you tradesmen are shoved up AAI's ass we should give you the same treatment!!! !! Bitter...yea you could say that

You know sweetlid it is terrible that so many trades have been forced to leave their tools throughout the company. It is also terrible to see Union Brothers and Sisters spew such hatred towards one another in an open forum or anywhere else for that matter. I've seen the post you jerrymaker and usedtobe898 have put on here and it is a shame you have all become exacltly what the company wants. Do you believe for one second the workers at Saline had anything to do with the Dark Blue, Light Blue, Orange bullshit or the local Union for that matter? Those are decisions that had to be made at the International level. Also do you think for one second any of the Trades at Saline or any other facility accept overtime to keep other laid off or Trades working production from coming back to their tools? Not a chance, if they don't do it the company will simply hire contractors to do the work instead. If you were told that by a Union official shame on him for even suggesting that. If placed in the same situation what would you do and don't say you would turn it down because that is BS and we all know it. Chivalry is dead my friend as noted in all of the negative post on this site. It is Dog eat Dog just the way the company likes it. This whole scenario of pitting one local against another has been what the Unions fought to prevent for years but with our Governments help along with some free thinking Union officials it has finally become a reality and nothing I say here will change that and I know it. Don't get me wrong I'm not bashing the IUAW although I may not agree with all decisions they make it is certainly difficult times and they have a tough road ahead. That being said we've seen this for years in 3rd world countries, cut the food supply and friends and neighbors will rape and pilfer from each other to survive. I by no means meant to offend anyone with my comment but as history of this forum has it let the attack begin.

You know sweetlid it is terrible that so many trades have been forced to leave their tools throughout the company. It is also terrible to see Union Brothers and Sisters spew such hatred towards one another in an open forum or anywhere else for that matter. I've seen the post you jerrymaker and usedtobe898 have put on here and it is a shame you have all become exacltly what the company wants. Do you believe for one second the workers at Saline had anything to do with the Dark Blue, Light Blue, Orange bullshit or the local Union for that matter? Those are decisions that had to be made at the International level. Also do you think for one second any of the Trades at Saline or any other facility accept overtime to keep other laid off or Trades working production from coming back to their tools? Not a chance, if they don't do it the company will simply hire contractors to do the work instead. If you were told that by a Union official shame on him for even suggesting that. If placed in the same situation what would you do and don't say you would turn it down because that is BS and we all know it. Chivalry is dead my friend as noted in all of the negative post on this site. It is Dog eat Dog just the way the company likes it. This whole scappenario of pitting one local against another has been what the Unions fought to prevent for years but with our Governments help along with some free thinking Union officials it has finally become a reality and nothing I say here will change that and I know it. Don't get me wrong I'm not bashing the IUAW although I may not agree with all decisions they make it is certainly difficult times and they have a tough road ahead. That being said we've seen this for years in 3rd world countries, cut the food supply and friends and neighbors will rape and pilfer from each other to survive. I by no means meant to offend anyone with my comment but as history of this forum has it let the attack begin.

apparently here whats good for the goose isnt good for the gander!-------dk blue was protected and alot of them acted like their 5 year senoirty shit didnt stink ------ these times are a changin just sayin!!!!!

apparently here whats good for the goose isnt good for the gander!-------dk blue was protected and alot of them acted like their 5 year senoirty shit didnt stink ------ these times are a changin just sayin!!!!!

Apparently you didn't understand what I said. There was already a transfer leveling date of Oct. 1984 in effect under the National Contract language and if anything they should have stuck to that. But as we have all seen the rules change daily. As for the holier than thou attitudes I can't speak for that since I certainly wasn't part of it. As a matter of fact I have more seniorty than 95 percent of those loaned in so it wouldn't have affected me one way or the other. I do know that there was a IUAW Rep. overseeing all of the ACH facilities who had a son with very little seniorty working at Saline who would have been affected who is now on staff...just saying. I can fully understand your distain if you truly used to be 898 as it looks like all of 898 got screwed before and after coming to Saline. Politics is Politics brother (or Sister) and that won't change like it or not. Truly hope things get better for you and all of our fellow UAW members who have fallen victim to this.

You know sweetlid it is terrible that so many trades have been forced to leave their tools throughout the company. It is also terrible to see Union Brothers and Sisters spew such hatred towards one another in an open forum or anywhere else for that matter. I've seen the post you jerrymaker and usedtobe898 have put on here and it is a shame you have all become exacltly what the company wants. Do you believe for one second the workers at Saline had anything to do with the Dark Blue, Light Blue, Orange bullshit or the local Union for that matter? Those are decisions that had to be made at the International level. Also do you think for one second any of the Trades at Saline or any other facility accept overtime to keep other laid off or Trades working production from coming back to their tools? Not a chance, if they don't do it the company will simply hire contractors to do the work instead. If you were told that by a Union official shame on him for even suggesting that. If placed in the same situation what would you do and don't say you would turn it down because that is BS and we all know it. Chivalry is dead my friend as noted in all of the negative post on this site. It is Dog eat Dog just the way the company likes it. This whole scenario of pitting one local against another has been what the Unions fought to prevent for years but with our Governments help along with some free thinking Union officials it has finally become a reality and nothing I say here will change that and I know it. Don't get me wrong I'm not bashing the IUAW although I may not agree with all decisions they make it is certainly difficult times and they have a tough road ahead. That being said we've seen this for years in 3rd world countries, cut the food supply and friends and neighbors will rape and pilfer from each other to survive. I by no means meant to offend anyone with my comment but as history of this forum has it let the attack begin.

first to address saline. the local union and it's chairman STARTED it! tell me how can ford workers be segregated in dark and light? in the contract? show ME! as for trades. the old farts and the young ones would never let the union bring back trades if it took away from there O.T. thats a fact!! at dearborn they would lay-off trades as not to bring trades on. then later bring them back. WAKE UP AND SMELL THE CRAP/UNION!!

sweetlid, this is a bit off topic , but is it true that 250 people from Saline are being "moved" (not at their request) over to CAP? I know the trades people are on pins and needles with the decision(s) they will have to make. Good luck to you all.

first to address saline. the local union and it's chairman STARTED it! tell me how can ford workers be segregated in dark and light? in the contract? show ME! as for trades. the old farts and the young ones would never let the union bring back trades if it took away from there O.T. thats a fact!! at dearborn they would lay-off trades as not to bring trades on. then later bring them back. WAKE UP AND SMELL THE CRAP/UNION!!

That's not true. Plenty of the tradesmen have said they'd welcome brother and sister tradesmen at Saline. It might help get some of the contractors out of there.