Lied to about profit sharing

ALEX4398

It seems the IUAW was so busy pushing the last contract through that the highlights were wrong again. I have canvassed around DTP and not a soul I have talked to made the 3750 they had us believing we would see. When will the membership have enough of the B.S. and and take a stand. We voted on a specific contract (i voted NO) and it seems to be changing weekly. UAW leadership at all levels needs to be held accountable.

It seems the IUAW was so busy pushing the last contract through that the highlights were wrong again. I have canvassed around DTP and not a soul I have talked to made the 3750 they had us believing we would see. When will the membership have enough of the B.S. and and take a stand. We voted on a specific contract (i voted NO) and it seems to be changing weekly. UAW leadership at all levels needs to be held accountable.

$4,800 here. Seems you need to survey around 39,975 more of us before you figure an "average"

Great timing on this profit sharing, before Christmas, paid off FICA and topped out TESPHE

:happy feet: :happy feet: :happy feet: :happy feet: :happy feet: :happy feet:

• Like 3

$4,800 here. Seems you need to survey around 39,975 more of us before you figure an "average"

Great timing on this profit sharing, before Christmas, paid off FICA and topped out TESPHE

LOL, Not very many hourly hit the 160k mark this yr, braggart.

• Like 1

I understand the formula. The problem I have is that the IUAW sold us on the AVERAGE payout to be 3750 and I am just not seeing it.

Skilled1 I have a big problem with any union member coming on here bragging on what they made when we have so many skilled trades off thier tools. I think you should put yourself in a union brothers shoes before you make statements like that.

• Like 2

I understand the formula. The problem I have is that the IUAW sold us on the AVERAGE payout to be 3750 and I am just not seeing it.

Skilled1 I have a big problem with any union member coming on here bragging on what they made when we have so many skilled trades off thier tools. I think you should put yourself in a union brothers shoes before you make statements like that.

I am Production, Worked at DTP the first 5 Months of the year and AAI on the 6th month (Rest of year doesn't get included in THIS payment)

Profit Share was 80.00 OVER the stated average...So don't blame just Skilled...Start asking the production people that work the hours...( I WAS on the Cal Line...) If I did it...I KNOW that MANY others in the PDI area did also.

Your "Survey" is SCREWED UP!

Sorry to clue you in, but DTP IS NOT the center of the Ford Universe. Many other plants out there work more hours building quality vehicles. You might want to take a look at those plants local agreements and see why DTP is so screwed up. They probably have work rules and contractual language that actually BENIFIT the WORKER and not the management. Plus a Local Union that actually gives a damn about the workers. Everyone knows that DTP's Union could give a damn less about the workforce. And your Local agreement isn't worth the toilet paper it was printed on.

Edited by trailfndr

A worker that only works 40 hours is never going to see the "average" If the company made 5 billion then they put in $5000 per employee that works 1850hrs or more. That money goes into a pool. The employee that works 2500 hours a year has $5000 deposited in the pool also. When its divided up on with hours worked they get a per hour number X's the hours worked. So unless you work overtime you will never get the average.

What a hypocrite! First he says, I didn't get close to making the "average". Then after somebody reports that they made more than the "average". He/she then cuts them down for doing the same exact thing!

Which is telling everybody how much they've made or not made.

I take it then that, "You were for it until you voted againist it."

• Like 1

If it took that profit sharing to pay off your FICA I don't think you got 4,800.00. My fica was paid out in the middle of October and recieved $4727.00 on profit sharing.

I am Production, Worked at DTP the first 5 Months of the year and AAI on the 6th month (Rest of year doesn't get included in THIS payment)

Profit Share was 80.00 OVER the stated average...So don't blame just Skilled...Start asking the production people that work the hours...( I WAS on the Cal Line...) If I did it...I KNOW that MANY others in the PDI area did also.

Your "Survey" is SCREWED UP!

Sorry to clue you in, but DTP IS NOT the center of the Ford Universe. Many other plants out there work more hours building quality vehicles. You might want to take a look at those plants local agreements and see why DTP is so screwed up. They probably have work rules and contractual language that actually BENIFIT the WORKER and not the management. Plus a Local Union that actually gives a damn about the workers. Everyone knows that DTP's Union could give a damn less about the workforce. And your Local agreement isn't worth the toilet paper it was printed on.

I am trades at DTP and we dont have a new local agreement yet.Pretty much just 'do what they say' and hopefully the boss will like you.I could see outsourcing of all trades jobs happening at DTP first.Best advice,,,,if you dont have to end up here----dont.

I stand corrected. I honestly thought 3750 was to high to be the average. I was wrong. I am not cutting anyone down for working the hours, more props to anyone who wants to to be in the plant instead of being with their family.

I don't retract the fact that the laid off trades have been ignored for the last 6 years. To read what I think was a tradesmen bragging about what I would equate to putting another tradesmen back to their tools is wrong.

• Like 4

I stand corrected. I honestly thought 3750 was to high to be the average. I was wrong. I am not cutting anyone down for working the hours, more props to anyone who wants to to be in the plant instead of being with their family.

I don't retract the fact that the laid off trades have been ignored for the last 6 years. To read what I think was a tradesmen bragging about what I would equate to putting another tradesmen back to their tools is wrong.

But unfortunatly the Tradesman doesn't have the say as to how many work or not...only the Company makes those decisions If YOU are offered OT, are youy gonna turn it down to get a production person that is laid off back to work? Or are you going to take the OT offered, knowing that if you don't..someone else WILL!

Its time to stop blaming each other for decisions thast are out of all of our hands..

• 2 weeks later...

mine was within 4 dollars. :shades:

there is always somebody on here who will bitch about anything. :rant:

the people complaining are also the ones who flip out once a week, and refuse all the overtime. :doh:

Amen and amen. Mine was on target and I have no complaints.