Job postings in Michigan

ILO from Romeo

Wishing happy holidays to all my UAW brothers & sisters. I attended a small meeting Friday morning at the local 400 building to get information about some local job postings . There is a group of about 100 workers that are on ILO from the Romeo Engine plant , most of us have 2000 senority . Our union is telling us we might want to get out while we can choose our next place of employment . The future of Romeo dosn't look real good and with the wording of the new contract we don't really have much of a call back option. They say there are 865 jobs at MAP F/A , 82 at MAP BSU , and 26 at the DTP, all of which are suppose to happen between January 2012 and June 2012 . Any comments or advise would be greatly appreciated.

Wishing happy holidays to all my UAW brothers & sisters. I attended a small meeting Friday morning at the local 400 building to get information about some local job postings . There is a group of about 100 workers that are on ILO from the Romeo Engine plant , most of us have 2000 senority . Our union is telling us we might want to get out while we can choose our next place of employment . The future of Romeo dosn't look real good and with the wording of the new contract we don't really have much of a call back option. They say there are 865 jobs at MAP F/A , 82 at MAP BSU , and 26 at the DTP, all of which are suppose to happen between January 2012 and June 2012 . Any comments or advise would be greatly appreciated.

The old Wayne ISA seems like a no bullshit place ... do your job and do it right ... go home to tv every night.

• Like 1

With 2000 senority you won't be able to hold days any time soon @ ISA. Also there are only 2 perfered jobs material handling & weld tear down, the sign up for these jobs already happen and won't again until Dec 2012. They are also thinking about holding the shift bump until June of 2012 so what ever shift your on plan on staying on that shift for awhile.

Edited by MTP'er

How far would you drive to MAP or DTP? If your coming from east side then the drive is a big deal. I'm doing 70 mi one way for 3.5 years now. The drive wears on you. If your coming from east side then DTP is alot closer.

If Jim C. told you to jump ship, run and run fast. I left Utica Apr, 2008. I didn't have to leave I have 22yrs. DTP you do your job and you go home.......

• Like 1

If Jim C. told you to jump ship, run and run fast. I left Utica Apr, 2008. I didn't have to leave I have 22yrs. DTP you do your job and you go home.......

I left in june of 08. It was not a bad decision to come over here. It seems like the same thing all over again here. If you had 22 years you should have stayed on the east side.

good luck ESCAPE big seller, great people , great state.

welcome to louisville

here is a good rumor/fact site for lap http://scottrlap.proboards.com/index.cgi

Thanks. We are looking forward to going even though it is hard to leave everyone we know. I'm hoping the schools are as good as we have been hearing because the school my kids are in now is really lacking especially for special needs children.

1) You basically have no seniority.

2) You are in zone 2

3) Van Dyke has been saturated with product and the postings have been filled

4) Sterling has been saturated with product and postings have been filled

5) Many zone 2 on lay off

6) MAP is only 54 miles away from Romeo

7) Take a enhanced moving allowance and cash in on $30,000

It boils down to this:

Take this opportunity and earn $28 per hour, with the best benefits of any manufacturer and job security at MAP for years to come

OR

Let this opportunity slip out of your hands and exhaust sub, tap and benefits.

I know what I would do

• Like 3

Wishing happy holidays to all my UAW brothers & sisters. I attended a small meeting Friday morning at the local 400 building to get information about some local job postings . There is a group of about 100 workers that are on ILO from the Romeo Engine plant , most of us have 2000 senority . Our union is telling us we might want to get out while we can choose our next place of employment .

Your meeting , did they tell you about the postings at Van Dyke? couple weeks ago there was a posting and i know alot of surplus employees from Sterling took the move, suppose to be another posting i hear. Don't miss that one.

Your meeting , did they tell you about the postings at Van Dyke? couple weeks ago there was a posting and i know alot of surplus employees from Sterling took the move, suppose to be another posting i hear. Don't miss that one.

The only recent posting at Sterling for VD that i saw was for 5 people. Not exactly "alot". I have heard though that one will be posted soon for a more significant amount.

• 3 weeks later...