Edge Limited vs. SEL loaded

pamsb

I am considering a 2012 Edge Limited with 301A and 20" wheels. One dealer suggested an SEL (with 205A, NAV, Vista Sunroof, Power Liftgate and 20" wheels) instead as a way to save a couple of thousand dollars. Any idea on the differences, pros/cons of either configuration? Thanks for any insight.

I am considering a 2012 Edge Limited with 301A and 20" wheels. One dealer suggested an SEL (with 205A, NAV, Vista Sunroof, Power Liftgate and 20" wheels) instead as a way to save a couple of thousand dollars. Any idea on the differences, pros/cons of either configuration? Thanks for any insight.

We close the Limited to get memory and garage door opener. Didn't want the heavy 20" wheels (figured they hurt performance and economy and ride rougher), but certainly don't like the chrome clad wheels on Limited. I believe I much prefer the stock SEL wheels over the Limited stock wheels.

Edited by Ralph Greene
  • Like 1

Go to the Ford Edge website, click on Models, check limited and SEL and hit Compare.

We close the Limited to get memory and garage door opener. Didn't want the heavy 20" wheels (figured they hurt performance and economy and ride rougher), but certainly don't like the chrome clad wheels on Limited. I believe I much prefer the stock SEL wheels over the Limited stock wheels.

Eh, I've got the 22's on my Sport and the ride is still pretty posh. Averaging 21 MPG in mixed, somewhat peppy driving.

• 4 months later...

The big difference I see is the Intelligent Access with Push-button Start is only available on the Limited and not the SEL. For me this is a deal breaker, since once you have it you'll never want to go back to a conventional key.

On 2013 models, my SEL has push button start when you opt for the driver entry package - which also includes perimeter alarm, power liftgate and remote start

On 2013 models, my SEL has push button start when you opt for the driver entry package - which also includes perimeter alarm, power liftgate and remote start

That package is only offered on SEL in Canada. In the US, you can only get it on Limited or Sport.

Didn't want the heavy 20" wheels (figured they hurt performance and economy and ride rougher),...

Finally, FINIALLY there is some one out there with a few brain cells !

Anything over 16" on a non-truck vehicle is just wretched over kill !!! Plus wait until you have to buy tires. It cost my buddy over $100 more than what it cost me to buy tires for his Fusion. He had 17" rims, I had 16"

Those gigantic wheels are one reason I would not but an Edge of any kind. Weren't CUVs supposed to be and evolutionary step from SUVs and not just another “ghetto” cruiser ?