FLM Owner website frustrations

twintornados

Here is my problem, I bought my Fusion at my local Ford dealership, then the auto group that owns the dealership decided to close the local site and fold operations into their larger dealership in their larger market. FLM Owner website then "re-assigns" my sales dealership to a third dealership in a suburb of the larger market that my dealers auto group is located simply because my house is closer to them. My problem is that I do not particularly care for the "third dealership" and do not wish to be simply "re-assigned" to them. I have contacted FLM Owner several times. Their excuse is that they cannot change it...I counter with, "you changed it already." but they refuse to change my selling dealership now listed on my FLM page....My belief is simple...my original dealership closed, I should have been given the option to select a new "selling dealership" or have it left blank, but to be summarily re-assigned to a dealership that I will never, EVER, do business with is infuriating to say the least.

Can anyone assist in this seemingly simple request?

Here is my problem, I bought my Fusion at my local Ford dealership, then the auto group that owns the dealership decided to close the local site and fold operations into their larger dealership in their larger market. FLM Owner website then "re-assigns" my sales dealership to a third dealership in a suburb of the larger market that my dealers auto group is located simply because my house is closer to them. My problem is that I do not particularly care for the "third dealership" and do not wish to be simply "re-assigned" to them. I have contacted FLM Owner several times. Their excuse is that they cannot change it...I counter with, "you changed it already." but they refuse to change my selling dealership now listed on my FLM page....My belief is simple...my original dealership closed, I should have been given the option to select a new "selling dealership" or have it left blank, but to be summarily re-assigned to a dealership that I will never, EVER, do business with is infuriating to say the least.

Is there any benefit to you to having the dealership changed? Why do you care?

What difference does it make? It's just a note in your account - it doesn't mean anything.

I had shopped the dealership in the past when my girlfriend was in the market and she bought an Escape from them...horrible experience and i vowed never to go there again....I know it is "small potatoes" but I want absolutely nothing to do with them....with them listed as my "new" sales dealer...they can inundate me with offers and such and well....I just do not want anything to do with them. I expect more from my experience with FLM owner and this is particularly annoying, I want what I want and this request seems to be simple.

I had shopped the dealership in the past when my girlfriend was in the market and she bought an Escape from them...horrible experience and i vowed never to go there again....I know it is "small potatoes" but I want absolutely nothing to do with them....with them listed as my "new" sales dealer...they can inundate me with offers and such and well....I just do not want anything to do with them. I expect more from my experience with FLM owner and this is particularly annoying, I want what I want and this request seems to be simple.

If you service your vehicle at another Ford store, they will become your servicing Ford store and you will recieve their offers. If this store you do not like continues to be your selling dealer, they will be paying for the mailers you get instead of the dealership you like. I don't see thw downside for you unless you really just don't like to see their name in print.

The basic issue is that customers are by Primary Market Area. If the dealership you bought from is no longer under the same ownership or they shut down the point, you are reassigned based on your address. Ford can't go in and shift customers from one PMA to another - their are dealer relations and legal ramifications. HTH.

If you service your vehicle at another Ford store, they will become your servicing Ford store and you will recieve their offers. If this store you do not like continues to be your selling dealer, they will be paying for the mailers you get instead of the dealership you like. I don't see thw downside for you unless you really just don't like to see their name in print.

The basic issue is that customers are by Primary Market Area. If the dealership you bought from is no longer under the same ownership or they shut down the point, you are reassigned based on your address. Ford can't go in and shift customers from one PMA to another - their are dealer relations and legal ramifications. HTH.

If dealer relations and legal ramifications are the point, Fords FLM owner website should have shifted my "sales dealer" to the larger Ford dealership in the auto group that merged my smaller dealership into. Both my dealership and the one still open are in the same group, yet FLM took it upon themselves to simply re-assign me into a direct competitor....you have given me an idea...I will contact the auto group and see how they feel about me being summarily assigned to their competitor.

If dealer relations and legal ramifications are the point, Fords FLM owner website should have shifted my "sales dealer" to the larger Ford dealership in the auto group that merged my smaller dealership into. Both my dealership and the one still open are in the same group, yet FLM took it upon themselves to simply re-assign me into a direct competitor....you have given me an idea...I will contact the auto group and see how they feel about me being summarily assigned to their competitor.

Why don't you just trade in your vehicle at the larger Ford store? Then you'll have your selling dealer listed as the one you like at Fordowner.com. The 2013 GT500 is sick.