skilled pipefitters forcing out low seniority

knowlimits

What's up with fitters and plumbers from Saline not going to Chicago and bumping the lowest seniority people in this region instead?

Doesn't make sense to force anyone before the $100,000 retirement incentive, massive back fill need for Re Skilling Elect and Steam at all loctions and the $50,000 return to production.

These are the steps from the local 600 meeting

1) Post for projected Electrician and Steam needs ( re Skill postings from last week)

2) Back fill $100,000 retirements after March 9th

3) Post for remaining Electrical and Steam re-skill openings from $100,000 retirement at all locations

4) $50,000 return to production offer and back-fill openings

5) Mandatory zone placement

I have to agree with the UAW on these negotiated steps. It makes no sense to mandatory place any of us at CAP before all of these steps listed above have been exhausted.

Edited by tooltime
  • Like 1

What's up with fitters and plumbers from Saline not going to Chicago and bumping the lowest seniority people in this region instead?

Then you would be bitching that you got laid off in a few months when saline is sold. It don't make alot of sense to put someone in a slot that is going to be eliminated soon. This whole thing is tuning into a mess the union should just come out with a statement on there plan and we could go from there. Oh wait there is no plan. :banghead:

It's the abc rule. Let's high on ilo force low working tools to go out of zone to forced placement. Damn right in my opinion. It should be high man company wide on ilo force low man company wide.

What's the details about the guys at saline. Who did they bump ?

Its called CONTRACTUAL LANGUAGE, This language was agreed to and voted on in the 2009 modification agreement and carried into the current contract.

While before that time the language said lowest in plant, the change was made because of the upcoming changes in the workforce and facilities, and your region also changed, at least for purposes of this part of the contract, our zone was increased to cover Michigan and Ohio...so if someone elects to use this language, they have to realize they might still be moving to Ohio. They will go to whatever plant that the lowest senority person is located at, and that person will then be forced to go, or give up all rights, and lose their job.

Actual language is located on page 83 of the current agreement

Edited by trailfndr
  • Like 1

Its called CONTRACTUAL LANGUAGE, This language was agreed to and voted on in the 2009 modification agreement and carried into the current contract.

While before that time the language said lowest in plant, the change was made because of the upcoming changes in the workforce and facilities, and your region also changed, at least for purposes of this part of the contract, our zone was increased to cover Michigan and Ohio...so if someone elects to use this language, they have to realize they might still be moving to Ohio. They will go to whatever plant that the lowest senority person is located at, and that person will then be forced to go, or give up all rights, and lose their job.

Actual language is located on page 83 of the current agreement

Im hearing the $100,000 retirement incentive sign up is so successful that there might not be enough of some trades to back fill the openings and may even increase reskilling to other classifications. With 4 weeks left to sign up there may be very little zone forcing. I also heard none of the surplus trades at Vandyke signed up for electrician or steam reskill so it will be posted zone 2 wide. Apparently the Vandyke surplus trades want the $50,000 return to production incentive.

• Like 1

Im hearing the $100,000 retirement incentive sign up is so successful that there might not be enough of some trades to back fill the openings and may even increase reskilling to other classifications. With 4 weeks left to sign up there may be very little zone forcing. I also heard none of the surplus trades at Vandyke signed up for electrician or steam reskill so it will be posted zone 2 wide. Apparently the Vandyke surplus trades want the $50,000 return to production incentive.

I know of the opposite. Here on the westside anyway.

It's my understanding that a posting for such is up or going up about those opportunities at Van Dyke.

I would be surprised if the Vandyke reskill posting/openings makes it out of the zone 2 step without volunteers for this chance of a lifetime. It would be nice if it did :angry2:

Edited by tooltime

Yeah sure.....not gonna see a whole lot of this option.