Fusion Lighting

I went with "Ice Blue" in my Mustang for awhile but recently switched to the darker blue (not sure what it's called). It seems to be easier on the eyes to me.

I have the "old" ambient lighting in my Lincoln but this article implies the new Fusion's lighting has a different look to it.

"the 2013 Ford Fusion, which has abandoned incandescent bulbs completely" :happy feet: :happy feet: :happy feet:

"While incandescent bulbs have a lifespan of about two years, LEDs will outlive the vehicles they are in"

Burned-out dash/IP lights that are impossibly difficult to change might be a thing of the past. A couple of years back, I changed the lights on the IP of a Town Car. Not fun.

I have the "old" ambient lighting in my Lincoln but this article implies the new Fusion's lighting has a different look to it.

That's what's going through my mind.

Actually, on the 2012 Focus, I don't think there are many incandescent bulbs left for the interior. My map/dome lights seem like they are all LED. I'm not sure about the ones behind the gauges though.

Actually, on the 2012 Focus, I don't think there are many incandescent bulbs left for the interior. My map/dome lights seem like they are all LED. I'm not sure about the ones behind the gauges though.

Yes I noticed that first time in the 2012 Focus that all the lights are LED's. Although LED bulbs don't burn out, it doesn't mean the fixtures themselves can't short out. I had a flickering brake lamp on my 2010 MKZ. They had to replace the entire assembly under warranty. Now the passenger side door sill plate white LINCOLN lighting intermittently flickers or dims then goes back to normal.

Edited by hbalek

Yes I noticed that first time in the 2012 Focus that all the lights are LED's. Although LED bulbs don't burn out, it doesn't mean the fixtures themselves can't short out. I had a flickering brake lamp on my 2010 MKZ. They had to replace the entire assembly under warranty. Now the passenger side door sill plate white LINCOLN lighting intermittently flickers or dims then goes back to normal.

Good point - I'm sure everyone has seen the LED streetlights freak out.

the 2000 focus had LED back lighting for the IP cluster, and the 2012 does too.

the 2000 focus had LED back lighting for the IP cluster, and the 2012 does too.

I don't recall the 2000 having LED back lighting on the IP cluster. My 2002 had several small bulbs (maybe 14? or 17?). Even the LCD screen with the odometer reading was illuminated by a fairly large bulb. I had to take out the IP to get at two bulbs that burnt out. Luckily, the maneuver was pretty simple with a few good hand tools.

I don't recall the 2000 having LED back lighting on the IP cluster. My 2002 had several small bulbs (maybe 14? or 17?). Even the LCD screen with the odometer reading was illuminated by a fairly large bulb. I had to take out the IP to get at two bulbs that burnt out. Luckily, the maneuver was pretty simple with a few good hand tools.

really? going on eleven years on my 2000 and have never ever had to change a bulb.