How far back we have fallen!

Fatso

I work trades at DTP and I am on the 4 on/4 off schedule,mandatory 12`s. Here is my schedule for the Easter Week,note that what is 'practically' mid-nights at DTP is called afternoons, because of a 6:30 pm not 7 pm start and only pays 5% shift premium.Wednesday-6:30 pm till 6:30 am on Thursday, then hurry back at 6:30 pm Thursday until 6:30 am on Good Friday.Good Friday is also-mandatory-from 6:30 pm till 6:30 am on Saturday.Come back on Saturday at 6:30 pm,for time and a quarter for the first 10 hours,and work until 6:30 am on Easter Sunday morning.By the way Happy Easter.Friday is mandatory and although I am paid 250% an hour I am unable to convert the hours to future time off so,per contract, where is my Company Paid Holiday?It was sold to me as time off?I will work until 6:30 am Easter Sunday morning for time and a quarter then time and a half the last hour and a half but still,my point is I am working Easter Sunday and I am exhausted and whats the majic word?Mandatory!So then I get Sunday night-Monday night-Tuesday night-Wednesday night off?This most important of all Christian Holiday`s was ruined for anyone trying to have a spiritual or family experience.Think Ford appreciates the sacrifice?Ford is investing 1.3 billion US dollars into a plant in India.Ford is investing an additional 1 billion US dollars into Hermosillio, Mexico.Next contract,,,,can you say 'Whipsaw'?Governor Snyder of Michigan-R would sign {although he says he doesnt want it because its too divisive,LOL}into legislation immediately any Right to Work law.Contrast this US working-man`s situation with what is going on in Europe right now.Ford will not blitzkrieg the European autoworkers union because European workers actually like each other and value things like health care and 4 weeks of vacation etc.Stock analysts say Europe will continue to be an earnings loss to Ford for the foreseeable future.I attend the union meetings and I am told that "We ask for all these things and the company says no and the Internantional says,we will all get fired if we go on strike".In other words,keep doing what the company says and be glad you got a job.I agree that many powerful forces in business and government are aligned against the union workers.Being as it may, next contract if this doesnt get,at least a little bit,better,I am ready to strike come hell or high water.Many co-workers are so numb/intimidated and resigned to the situation that they admonish and chastise-for management-anyone who dares to peep.The rest of you have a Happy Easter!Solid chocolate bunnies are better than hollow!

Edited by Fatso
  • Like 1

I work trades at DTP and I am on the 4 on/4 off schedule,mandatory 12`s. Here is my schedule for the Easter Week,note that what is 'practically' mid-nights at DTP is called afternoons, because of a 6:30 pm not 7 pm start and only pays 5% shift premium.Thursday-6:30 pm till 6:30 am on Good Friday Morning.Come back in on Good Friday-mandatory-at 6:30 pm till 6:30 am on Saturday.Come back on Saturday at 6:30 pm,for time and a quarter for the first 10 hours,and work until 6:30 am on Easter Sunday morning.By the way Happy Easter.Friday is mandatory and although I am paid 250% an hour I am unable to convert the hours to future time off so,per contract, where is my Company Paid Holiday?It was sold to me as time off?I will work until 6:30 am Easter Sunday morning for time and a quarter then time and a half the last hour and a half but still,my point is I am working Easter Sunday and whats the majic word?Mandatory!So I get Mon-Tue-Wed-Thu. off?This most important of all Christian Holiday`s was ruined for anyone trying to have a spiritual or family experience.Think Ford appreciates the sacrifice?Ford is investing 1.3 billion US dollars into a plant in India.Ford is investing an additional 1 billion US dollars into Hermosillio, Mexico.Next contract,,,,can you say 'Whipsaw'?Governor Snyder of Michigan-R would sign {although he says he doesnt want it because its too divisive,LOL}into legislation immediately any Right to Work law.Contrast this working-man`s situation with what is going on in Europe right now.Ford will not blitzkrieg the European autoworkers union because European workers actually like each other and value things like health care and 4 weeks of vacation etc.Stock analysts say Europe will continue to be an earnings loss to Ford for the foreseeable future.My union representation is not on a similiar schedule to mine.At least I assume not,they can be awfully hard to reach at times.I attend the meetings and I am told that "We ask for all these things and the company says no and the Internantional says,we will all get fired if we go on strike".In other words,keep doing what the company says and be glad you got a job.Many co-workers are so numb/intimidated and resigned to our fate that they admonish and chastise-for management-anyone who dares to peep.The rest of you have a Happy Easter!Solid chocolate bunnies are better than hollow!

C-Crew on production isn't much better. We get to work Good Friday for Straight time to get Easter Sunday off.

I work trades at DTP and I am on the 4 on/4 off schedule,mandatory 12`s. Here is my schedule for the Easter Week,note that what is 'practically' mid-nights at DTP is called afternoons, because of a 6:30 pm not 7 pm start and only pays 5% shift premium.Wednesday-6:30 pm till 6:30 am on Thursday, then hurry back at 6:30 pm Thursday until 6:30 am on Good Friday.Good Friday is also-mandatory-from 6:30 pm till 6:30 am on Saturday.Come back on Saturday at 6:30 pm,for time and a quarter for the first 10 hours,and work until 6:30 am on Easter Sunday morning.By the way Happy Easter.Friday is mandatory and although I am paid 250% an hour I am unable to convert the hours to future time off so,per contract, where is my Company Paid Holiday?It was sold to me as time off?I will work until 6:30 am Easter Sunday morning for time and a quarter then time and a half the last hour and a half but still,my point is I am working Easter Sunday and I am exhausted and whats the majic word?Mandatory!So then I get Sunday night-Monday night-Tuesday night-Wednesday night off?This most important of all Christian Holiday`s was ruined for anyone trying to have a spiritual or family experience.Think Ford appreciates the sacrifice?Ford is investing 1.3 billion US dollars into a plant in India.Ford is investing an additional 1 billion US dollars into Hermosillio, Mexico.Next contract,,,,can you say 'Whipsaw'?Governor Snyder of Michigan-R would sign {although he says he doesnt want it because its too divisive,LOL}into legislation immediately any Right to Work law.Contrast this US working-man`s situation with what is going on in Europe right now.Ford will not blitzkrieg the European autoworkers union because European workers actually like each other and value things like health care and 4 weeks of vacation etc.Stock analysts say Europe will continue to be an earnings loss to Ford for the foreseeable future.I attend the union meetings and I am told that "We ask for all these things and the company says no and the Internantional says,we will all get fired if we go on strike".In other words,keep doing what the company says and be glad you got a job.I agree that many powerful forces in business and government are aligned against the union workers.Being as it may, next contract if this doesnt get,at least a little bit,better,I am ready to strike come hell or high water.Many co-workers are so numb/intimidated and resigned to the situation that they admonish and chastise-for management-anyone who dares to peep.The rest of you have a Happy Easter!Solid chocolate bunnies are better than hollow!

MAP goes to an Alternate Work Schedule (AWS) for skilled trades on April 23rd. Our AWS schedule hasnt been "officially" approved of yet, but it has been surveyed on and posted. Its not the rotating start day "4 on 4 off " and we will have a 7-7 schedule. It is a complete cluster F**K!!!!!

remember you all voted yes for a contract you didn't bother reading. You voted because the UNION TOLD YOU!. if you keep voting like that and not you're heart the next time around you will get bent over just a little bit more.

We all need to not come to work for one day.. yes I said it..

we all need to arrange an employee call off for one day throughout the whole system to show the company we mean business (WE don't need the union to organize this people) we can do it ourselves..

one day sit out!!!!!!!

organize.. and we will prevail..

• Like 1

remember you all voted yes for a contract you didn't bother reading. You voted because the UNION TOLD YOU!. if you keep voting like that and not you're heart the next time around you will get bent over just a little bit more.

we all need to arrange an employee call off for one day throughout the whole system to show the company we mean business (WE don't need the union to organize this people) we can do it ourselves..

one day sit out!!!!!!!

Well said. I'm in.

one day sit out!!!!!!!

Look around Mr. Morepie all the good pie job's like these don't grow on tree's,QUIT IF YOU DON'T LIKE WORKING HERE.

• Like 1

Do you people know what you are saying when you say to a fellow working-class man "IF YOU DONT LIKE IT QUIT"?I forgive you BUT you are an ignorant S.O.B.Nobody asked you for sympathy.What are you gonna do anyways,joe-6 pack?You wait a week to get a dog out of the Humane society LIKE EVERYBODY ELSE huhuhuhuhuh.I tried with you clowns.You get the union you deserve.Vote me in-----I TAKE BRIBES---cuz I totally disrespect you!

Edited by Fatso
  • Like 1

He can't quit he has already been fired .

And the union won't give him the time of day

to get rehired.

And just remember that the person you're talking about (whom you think you know) collects unemployment off you're working back, comes back, get's all his/hers pay and seniority back and just got a paid vacation on you're ass. ha ha ha..

jokes on you duchebag,

you're golf bag is sitting in the lobby of 600 ready to go..

Edited by morepie