2013 Ford Taurus Limited has deleted the trunk cargo net

bobbyd

Revised Info:

I mentioned that I just bought my new 2013 Taurus Limited and when I looked in the trunk to check my cargo net (Standard on 2013 Limited models..as stated in the brochure) it was missing. I called the dealer and was told its no longer a feature ! I decided to take action!

I called Ford Corporate as well as an e-mail to Mr Mulally and they "immediately took action with the dealer!" It was a MISTAKE by the dealer and I received a knock on my home last evening with a new cargo net....along with an apology from the Ford salesman!

Edited by bobbyd

I just bought my new 2013 Taurus Limited and when I looked in the trunk to check my cargo net (Standard on 2013 Limited models..as stated in the brochure) it was missing. I called the dealer. Ford has decided to CANCEL the cargo net as standard equipment. I now have to buy the net from the Parts Department at a cost of $50!!!

Why didn't Ford cancel useless things like universal garage door openers or something less useful. Trust me, when you open that large trunk and place your gallon milk jug or 2 litre pop bottles in there with NO net to hold them....IT's BOWLING FOR DOLLARS TIME!

To each their own. I would prefer to have the universal garage door opener than the cargo net since my groceries are usually in bags. :) Plus, it's much easier to add the cargo net later than it is to add the universal garage door opener later. Trust me, I added the opener to the sun visor on my '08 F250.

Revised Info:

I mentioned that I just bought my new 2013 Taurus Limited and when I looked in the trunk to check my cargo net (Standard on 2013 Limited models..as stated in the brochure) it was missing. I called the dealer and was told its no longer a feature ! I decided to take action!

I called Ford Corporate as well as an e-mail to Mr Mulally and they "immediately took action with the dealer!" It was a MISTAKE by the dealer and I received a knock on my home last evening with a new cargo net....along with an apology from the Ford salesman!

DID YOU GET AN EXPLANATION? Like-"Factory screw up"-or more likely.."one of our former employees took it out to put in his pals SEL"

My salesman first mentioned that it was his mistake not to check, but then said his prep group noticed that some come with cargo nets in the trunk and some don't. Dahhh, SE and SEL models don't offer the net! Hmmm, like you mentioned, it was probably removed with the thought nobody would notice. So, to answer your question about an 'explanation'...it was a pretty poor excuse. I was mostly impressed with the quick action taken by both the 'Ford Media Office' as well as from Alan Mulally's office who offered to buy me a new net for the cost of $50!!! As far as the car....Sweet! It only had 5 miles on it.

My salesman first mentioned that it was his mistake not to check, but then said his prep group noticed that some come with cargo nets in the trunk and some don't. Dahhh, SE and SEL models don't offer the net! Hmmm, like you mentioned, it was probably removed with the thought nobody would notice. So, to answer your question about an 'explanation'...it was a pretty poor excuse. I was mostly impressed with the quick action taken by both the 'Ford Media Office' as well as from Alan Mulally's office who offered to buy me a new net for the cost of $50!!! As far as the car....Sweet! It only had 5 miles on it.

10-4 on the quick response-that is what counts-enjoy-love my SHO! Can't understand why Taurus sales numbers aren't higher.

I had the opportunity to rent a 2010 SEL and loved it! I feel that customers might look at if you have a large sedan, why don't you just get a crossover of the same size? You just throw your junk in without any thought. Maybe there is a smaller market for full-size sedans. I owned a condo and no way would I have a Taurus but now I have a single-dwelling as of July. Lots of room. :)