Ford C-Max Hybrid Aims For 47 MPG To Beat Prius

mettech

http://detroit.cbslocal.com/2012/07/05/ford-c-max-hybrid-aims-for-47-mpg-to-beat-prius/

DEARBORN — Ford Motor Co. said Thursday that its new C-Max Hybrid vehicle is projected to achieve fuel economy of 47 mpg city, beating the Toyota Prius by 3 mpg with a base price $1,300 lower.

The segment for small hybrids such as the C-Max Hybrid and Prius accounts for 65 percent of all hybrid sales. Ford expects about half of C-Max buyers to be conquest customers trading in competitive models.

They're called Batteries and they're heavy. A focus hybrid would not weigh any more than the C-Max hybrid.

No. The C-Max is heavier than the Focus. It's called Europe. If you compare the specs (as I did) for the European C-Max (Which is available non-Hybrid) to the European Focus, the C-Max is heavier. And no, I'm not comparing the Grand C-Max.

Also, I never said a Focus Hybrid would be heavier. I said it would be lighter.

Edited by sullynd

No. The C-Max is heavier than the Focus. It's called Europe. If you compare the specs (as I did) for the European C-Max (Which is available non-Hybrid) to the European Focus, the C-Max is heavier. And no, I'm not comparing the Grand C-Max.

Also, I never said a Focus Hybrid would be heavier. I said it would be lighter.

I thought you were comparing the US Focus with the US C-max which would obviously be heavier due to the batteries.

I don't think a Focus hybrid would do much better than the C-max hybrid even if it's a bit lighter.

I don't think a Focus hybrid would do much better than the C-max hybrid even if it's a bit lighter.

Maybe not, at least without some other moves. I'd just like to see someone take on the regular Prius. C-Max beating the V is cool. There's a good shot I may end up with a C-Max at some point, but to be the first to really, legitimately, take on the regular Prius would be awesome.

Maybe not, at least without some other moves. I'd just like to see someone take on the regular Prius. C-Max beating the V is cool. There's a good shot I may end up with a C-Max at some point, but to be the first to really, legitimately, take on the regular Prius would be awesome.

I'm not sure the compromises required would be worth it. I'd rather have great functional cars that look good and drive good and get great fuel economy.