Buyouts / Buydowns

Mine took nearly 6 weeks to get my separation check. If that is what you are going to do, plan carefully, and follow through. I almost ran out of money before I found a substitute making the same money. Most of it was invested into reinventing myself. My plan was to pay my house off, and have a great start, but after the money and effort to replace my income there wasn't much left. However I have more security now then ever, and if I lost my job tomorrow I would likely get a pay raise with all of my new credentials. It is a risk though for certain. For every 1 of us that was successful after leaving, I can name at least 5 that ended up on drugs, welfare, or have even committed suicide. Think it our very carefully before you sign.

Edited by Furious1Auto
  • Like 2

Mine took nearly 6 weeks to get my separation check. If that is what you are going to do, plan carefully, and follow through. I almost ran out of money before I found a substitute making the same money. Most of it was invested into reinventing myself. My plan was to pay my house off, and have a great start, but after the money and effort to replace my income there wasn't much left. However I have more security now then ever, and if I lost my job tomorrow I would likely get a pay raise with all of my new credentials. It is a risk though for certain. For every 1 of us that was successful after leaving, I can name at least 5 that ended up on drugs, welfare, or have even committed suicide. Think it our very carefully before you sign.

I'm glad your hard work paid off for you!, and your post is spot on, seen it hear at Walton Hills too. Even with training, and education, finding another job, especially when your older can be rough! Great post!

Outstanding!!!! Great post. Glad to hear a good after buy out story.

Decker

Once the anticipation of the big check coming has gone, the admiration of the big number in your account fades with every day that passes by with it shrinking. This emotion soon is replaced with pressure, and panic to get back to work. Thoughts of struggling on minimum wage, and fear that you wont make it sets in. Once you do it, you can't go back.

Edited by Furious1Auto

Once the anticipation of the big check coming has gone, the admiration of the big number in your account fades with every day that passes by with it shrinking. This emotion soon is replaced with pressure, and panic to get back to work. Thoughts of struggling on minimum wage, and fear that you wont make it sets in. Once you do it, you can't go back.

LOL! Just like squeezing toothpaste! Hahahahahahahahahahahaa! =D

Thanks for all the info... I took the skilled trades buy-down. I am now back on the assembly line making more money than on trades (but working much harder). The buydown really helped out, and I am in a great position now.

Your also more secure, and will get a better job in time. Come contract time Ford will pit the majority against the minority for more cuts. Unfortunately although more skilled, trades has less bargaining power, and the line workers (the majority) will do whatever they have to in order to preserve their standard of living.

Wow a skilled trades guy that actually admits us on the assembly line work hard!

I like this guy!

Half of your skilled trades in the company came from the line...did 13 years on it myself...so believe me, I know the deal. It's usually the guys that never worked production that have no clue. I always try to make sure the operator is happy because i remember what a small change made to a 10 hour shift...do don't roll all of us Skilled Trades into one basket!
  • Like 4

ROFLMAO

Hey Furious...I noticed your reply's don't seem to directed at any one person. With this new format, click on the 'quote' button in the bottom right corner of the post. That will set it up like back in the day.

Wow a skilled trades guy that actually admits us on the assembly line work hard!

I like this guy!

No doubt. line work suck's! Any little thing that can help those folk's! as simple as a fan or a matt, yo yo adjustment ect!.

Maybe some of our older skilled trades need a little refresher course of say; 5-10's on the line?

I know I did my 20 month assembly line refresher before hitting my tools again. it sucked!. My hat is off to our line workers!

I always swing by and check on my old assembly friends. actually it brings trades and production closer. weird but true!

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

retired salary have already been approached about buyouts of pensions...active salary will follow now and then on to the union memebers. If the money is right to buy me out of my retirement with 24 years I would jump on it in a minute...but the cash has to make sense. But it will happen...Ford can take you effectively off the books and that's what wallstreet likes. Show me the money!