Happy with AWS?

4R/5R Master

At Sharonville we have hired some LTS employees and we will be starting AWS schedule. Right now they have us going to the 2 days on 2 off. I was wondering how many other plants have similar schedule and what feeling is towards it. We have been tol by our Union that other plants love this schedule but I find that hard to believe.

I have worked C-crew since it started at DTP and while its best for my family time with my seniority, I would prefer a traditional midnight shift and make up any production needs on the weekends.

AWS's at least a 3 crew system makes it almost impossible to schedule overtime for the weekend shift in production.

• Like 1

There aren't any assembly plants with a 2 days on and a 2 days off schedule.

2 days on ,,,, 2 days off ,,,, never heard of that one? Where is at listed in the AWS listing of schedules? :glare:

Is Sharonville on the list for sale or closing?

Decker

1 of the 1788

Edited by Decker

2 on 2 off was what conpamy wanted 4 assembly plant got a different schedule.

at lap we have 4 on 2 off then 3 on 5 off with a different shift getting

2 on 4 off 5 on then 3 off

working every other weekend for straight time 12 hours a day 4 crew operation 2 days 2 night 7 oclock start.

it does seem to work and 5 days off in a row is nice.

Sharonville is not slated for closure. Plant voted to go to 3 on 4 off schedule, but have to go to 2on 2 off schedule because TWOS only supports that we are being told. Once that is fixed they are supposed to go to 4 crew 2 shift schedule. Part of plant will be on AWS and part will be on traditional schedule. Some skilled and production will be on AWS schedule.

• 4 weeks later...

Sharonville will never go on a 3 on-4 off schedule,that would make the majority of workers happy. Management,at the Sharonville plant, does not want its employees to be happy, EVER!!!!!!!!!! Employee morale is at an all time low. They practice "chaos management" at Sharonville. In other words: throw the SHIT and let it stick where it may! I know it could be worse? But, it could be a helluva lot better!

Sharonville isnt on a 2 on - 2 off schedule. They are following the National agreement schedule for a 4 crew pattern.

Week 1 crews A&C work Tues, Weds, Sat, Sun. Week 2 crews A&C work Mon, Thurs, Fri.

Week 1 crews B&D work Mon, Thur, Fri. Week 2 crews B&D work Tues, Weds, Sat, Sun

This schedule gets you the first 10 hours at straight time, the last 2 hours of the day at time and a half overtime each day except Sunday where the last 2 hours of the day are double time.

The week where you work 3 days, you get 32 regular hours and 6 hours at time and a half.

The week where you work 4 days, you get 40 regular hours, 6 hours at time and a half and 2 hours at double time.

Also, if you work your Regular Day Off (RDO) #1 and RDO #2 you get time and a half for all 12 hours worked. If you are on the week where you get 4 RDO's then #3 RDO is double time and #4 RDO is double time as well. So you have the potential to get 2 double time days in a week as opposed to one (Sunday) on a traditional schedule. Also gone are the forced 2 Saturdays in a row.

5am - 5pm start/quit for days - 5pm - 5am start/quit for nights. (plant voted on this).

YES, you get a lunch and several breaks (unlike a previous posting says you dont).

Per conversations from those Ive spoken with, they seem to like having the extra time off and the opportunity for more overtime through the week and still having weekends (if they are off Sat & Sun) off.

Tapper

Edited by tapper