Life in Ruby Red Edge

Edgy Girl

I started roaming here on BON when I purchased my first Edge back in 2007. If you happen to scan the topics back into pages 16-20, you will see some of my early posts. The forums were extremely helpful back then when the Edge was an unknown commodity.

I loved it so much, and its been so good to me, I just traded my 2007 Edge for a 2013 Ford Edge. Wow, has this CUV ever evolved over 6 model years. Quite impressed over my first 24 hours.

Ask any questions you like, especially those who are looking for a new vehicle.

post-27039-0-97358600-1345165270_thumb.jpg

post-27039-0-90448400-1345165283_thumb.jpg

post-27039-0-50744100-1345165304_thumb.jpg

post-27039-0-18101600-1345165316_thumb.jpg

post-27039-0-32173500-1345165332_thumb.jpg

post-27039-0-23375900-1345165345_thumb.jpg

post-27039-0-93205600-1345165361_thumb.jpg

Edited by Edgy Girl

Back seats are awesome..very comfortable with 4 people and the center armrest down.

Squishy with 3 in the back, but leg room is good.

The one thing I can say is that both in my 2007 and this one - leg room is generous.

I always look at the back seat room when I check out new cars.... its one reason I didn't get a new Escape.. the Escape seemed a little tight in the back.

It has been about 5 days in my new Edge - first impressions:

Sight lines from driver seat massively improved - I think my 07 Edge had too big pillars...

Awesome ride and handling. Turning corners is a dream.

The instant fuel economy gauge is a very neat feature. I use to maximize my fuel economy in the city.

Still getting used to the feel of the Ecoboost - it certainly has the power feel of my old V6 - but to keep fuel economy in line, I need to keep my heavy foot off the gas from the line..

Thats more me than the car.. Higway fuel economy was bang on to the posted window stickers.. city is a teeny bit higher than posted - I think mostly because I push it ...

Getting TONS of compliments on the colour and rims ... it is quite impressive.

Edited by Edgy Girl

• 4 weeks later...

I remember you, Edgy Girl, from back in 2007 when we both had brand new Edges!

Ours was a lease that we let go after 39 months....my wife decided she wanted the new (back then in 2010) Taurus, so that's what we got.

I just, one month ago, traded my 2007 F-150 for a new 2013 Ruby Red Explorer XLT AWD, and am loving it so far.

I just love the ruby red colour.... in the sun it is something else.

I debated the Taurus as well - tough to choose, but a much larger car than I need... but then again, I found the new Escape too tight.

I loved my old edge, but the new Edge is wonderfully improved even with all the possible quirks that could happen.

Enjoy the rides!

Actually - so far so good...

Only 1 pet peeve so far - resetting the sirius presets - I still can't figure that out, The radio regular preset process is fine and works.... but the Sirius ones - ??

Just haven't had time to call Sirius for tech help.

It can be glitchy once in a while -but nothing serious - kinda like your home computer....

I think dealing with MFT is all about your perspective... and you can't say I was not warned.. LOL

I finally figured on the Sirius preset process.

Just had to get the right series of screens, and I can reset them... YA...

I have been driving with a light foot and keepings RPMs to under 2000 - keeps bringing the city fuel economy down, just .5 litre over the stated now..

Breaking 1000kms on the odometer, time to start pushing engine a little more...

Acceleration and power have been excellent!!

Edited by Edgy Girl

• 2 weeks later...

Actually, the sound is pretty good.

I had the upgraded stereo in my old Edge and I knew I gave up getting the Sony with the SEL.

I mostly listen to sirius, so I didnt see the point of having an upgraded sound system for that.

Its nice to have a subwoofer etc, but I dont have any complaints about the standard sound system.

I liked the SEL appearance pkg far more than the Limited, and I didn't need the bigger engine in the Sport.

Ecoboost is awesome, love the power with fuel economy.

I have the driver's entry package - awesome add on if you can get it.

• 3 weeks later...

A little over 2500kms in... and the things are good.

Fuel economy is excellent... and power is awesome with Ecoboost.

MFT can be a little glitchy, but for the most part, it works fine.

On a side note, saw the new Fusion for the first time. It was Ruby Red.. it was nice...but I wasn't overly impressed by its looks in person. The interior was styled very much like my Edge so..it looked good.

So glad, I got my Edge... !!

• 5 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

I ordered mine... I wanted the SEL appearance pkg, and got every option but the lighted inside door edge tagging.. LOL

So.. 10 weeks...

Ordered end of May 2012.. took delivery early August...

My brother works at Ford Oakville.. so I get the bonus of getting it at employee pricing...