MAP building like crazy!

MAP242

MAP has A,B and C crew working 10.5hrs and they still want more production. Whats the plan? Is Ford thinking gas prices will boost sales? They are even talking about Saturdays and Sundays for A and B crew. Wonder how long til we have a surplus and are stuck with a ton of cars that won't sell.

Last time gas prices shot up nothing sold, not even the Focus. Matter of fact we got laid off. Look at whats happening @ GM there taking donwn time ( 4 Weeks ) because of to much inventory on Volt.

No camparison. The Volt plant builds nothing else, and people just are notbuying electric vehicles.

Whats happening at MAP, is the CMAX, once we get the ok to ship, we will be building the hell out of them to get all the dealers cars to sell. We should have ok to ship in the next few days. Hang on to your hats...we gonna get busy.

GM plans to stop production at its primary Volt plant, located in Hamtramck, Mich., from Sept. 17 to Oct. 12. The shutdown will be the second this year for the Volt due to weaker-than-expected demand. The automaker will use the down time to prepare for assembly of the 2014 Chevrolet Impala. The plant also produces the Chevrolet Malibu

I though this was a FORD site, not GM.

well it'd probably help if Days could come close to making their number every so often.

That might be possible, if days didn't have downtime every morning due to parts not being on line at startup. Its an everyday issue. If the other shiftswould leave thing as they should be, that downtime would be avoided.

Edited by trailfndr
  • Like 1

That might be possible, if days didn't have downtime every morning due to parts not being on line at startup. Its an everyday issue. If the other shiftswould leave thing as they should be, that downtime would be avoided.

You're kidding right? We come into the same shit.. you know It's a round robin affair of you leave us short we'll leave you short.. guess who starts out the day? Plus I dont think that costs you the 50-100 day shift is short most of the time. ;)

2 days off is not a TLO, that's called short work week!

Building like crazy???

Funny C crew was TLO'd 8/26 and 8/27

Last time I checked, A,B and C crews are all working 10.5hrs in final at MAP and stamping is working the hell out of everyone.

A lot of talk about mandatory Saturdays and Sundays too. According to July sales, MAP built more units than they sold. I hope they have a clue how they're gonna get rid of them.

Last time I checked, A,B and C crews are all working 10.5hrs in final at MAP and stamping is working the hell out of everyone.

A lot of talk about mandatory Saturdays and Sundays too. According to July sales, MAP built more units than they sold. I hope they have a clue how they're gonna get rid of them.

Been to a dealer? Anything around ann arbor is LOW on Foci! No '13s on the lot. And '12s are flying out with the incentives. Not to mention the news of the focus being in the chase for being the #1 selling car in the world. All is well.

C-max hasnt got the ok to ship yet, and ST just started hitting the dealers. 10.5 is going to be around for a while.

• 2 weeks later...

Building like crazy???

Funny C crew was TLO'd 8/26 and 8/27

I know this is kind of old, but I work C-Crew at MAP and we were never on TLO at all. In fact we've been working 10.7s on Saturdays and Sundays for the past few weeks and are schedculed to do so for the forseeable future. Granted, we on C-crew are getting screwed out of a bunch of Ot opportunities that A and B crew are getting, and when they have been asking for OT they (our supervisor) haven't been going by Overtime Equalization or Seinority/Social Security Number. They've basically, at least in my area, have just been asking randomly and our floor rep so far hasn't done a damn thing to correct the problem despite multiple complaints.

Sounds like your unhappy! Go work for Toyota

We have a contract for a reason, and if our own supervisor isn't going to properly canvas for overtime, that's an actual issues that shouldn't be ignored.

BTW, I am happy that I have a job which is why I show up every day on time and do the best job I possibly can. Which is a Hell of a lot more than I can say for some people.

Edited by Goongala