Taurus / Sable Tribute

igor

Very well done. Makes me think what could have been, if only it had not been neglected. It's almost criminal that the car that is credited with saving the company in the mid eighties was abandoned, and left to die.

I personally would like to thank the Atlanta assembly plant for my SHO. Even in the twilight hours you are honoring us by continuing to build a world class product. I wish I never would have got rid of her. :cry:

I kow how you feel,. but I read quite a bit indicating, that Taurus was mismanaged well before even the first redesign - Ford was so hooked up on the "best selling sedan" title, it fleeted the car right away and by the 2nd gen the Taurus was a fleet queen, people did not really want .... it is sad.. Taurus was a good name to accompany the Mustang...

Igor

Edited by igor

I've owned two, an 92 LX, caribean grean, vulcan and fully loaded, and an 02 ses, dark shadow grey, vulcan, pretty much the same stuff. I think they are awesome cars. I got hooked, my dads had like4 of them since they first came out, lots of family road trips in them!

post-23412-1154506385_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

My 1st company car was a 1994 Taurus. I was in two wrecks (pretty major, not my fault), and I drove it for 175,000 miles, when I left the co. It had no rattles, even with the accidents and repairs, it ran great. It was still in use 3 years after I left.

Then I bought a 2001 Taurus wagon. Drove it until 2005 adn put just under 100,000 muiles on it. Great car.

Now have a Freestar which we love.

• 2 weeks later...