new hires

jim25

thats an easy one. You apply at Michigan Works, just like everyone else has to do.

hi,

IM trying too get a job at the Ford plant in Flat Rock,MI..

i would love to get a job there,do you have any advice on the best way of trying to get a job in that plant!!

thanks jim

Apparently FRAP will be adding 1200 new jobs, which means that they might hire in 200 new people (that might actually be optimistic, I don't know). Before they can actually hire anybody Ford will need to fill those 1200 openings with people who had recall rights, were on layoff, and people transferring from other plants. After all the full-time workers have been placed the next in line will be any temps in the system. MAP has probably a couple hundred that are gonna need some place to go once they get laid off and I'm sure DTP has their fair share of temps as well (not to mention temps at various other plants throughout Michigan). Finally, after all those people have been given a crack at FRAP, Ford will bring in brand new people. This "off the street" thing through Michigan Works is a first. I've never met anyone, up until this past year that got hired into Ford without knowing someone in the plant who could get them an application/referral. It's how I got in. I'd make sure to have your resume up-to date just incase Ford does use Michigan Works. However, if Ford goes the old school route, then you better start calling in favors from anybody you might know within Local 6000 to see if they can get you a referral.

You've got to pay attention to the language. When it says 1200 new jobs, it doesn't mean 1200 new hires.

Honestly, I'd say the chance of you getting hired in off the street are very, very slim considering the number of LTS' theyve added to the system this past year. I'm sure they've got enough temps in the system as of right now to probably fill like 500 of those openings. The new hires at MAP that got hired in off the street this past spring don't realize just how lucky they were. It's like they won the lottery and they don't even know it.

temps

We all recently received referal slips. Buy one of those and then cross your toes. And marry into a Union Reps family.

Then, you might have a chance...

I bet you a lot of those people will come in as temps. FRAP will perobably run with more people than they actually need to help with the start up of the 2nd shift and then once things kind of settle down all those extra temps will be laid off or sent elsewhere.

It's not that easy to get hired .

...unless you bring the HR manager and/or plant chairperson a bakers dozen of Bigcountry's world famous peanut and corn doughnuts and make a donation to the "Big Bubba Country Doughnut Relief Fund" in their names.

Beware of Bigcountry's Kreme filled donut, he uses a special Kreme

uhhhhh...but how will one know? I noticed the hole on the side of the doughnuts are extra small. Any idea what he uses to fill them....naaah...SAY IT ISN'T SOOOO!!! BUWHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

• 1 month later...

You have frap employees who might want to return to their home plant, they already gave their current employees referral slips back in September, I seen where they had it posted in a newspaper article that they will be giving applications to Michigan Works to hire some people but all you can do now is play the waiting game since they don't need those people until next year